Templar Molten Strike build useless?

"
KillerGorilla wrote:
Hi

I've a Templar Molten Strike build, which I had mostly from a guide.
But I don't get any progress, my dmg is only 4,4k DPS and I die to often to get further in act 4 mercyless. When I'm in a farm group, I can see a massive difference with other players.

Could anyone have a look at my skills/passives and tell me what I could change or if my build is completly useless?

Thanks

Your build is not completely lost but for more damage I think you need to replace that GMP with some other damage gem so your first hit does more. You are really reducing the damage of the projectiles by using it. Maybe keep levelling it but try faster attacks gem for now.

I think you are dying because of common issues when levelling and that is you are missing flat life on most of your gear. You might even be getting stunned. Anyway, 200-300 life should fix most of your dying issues or at least give you a chance to practice in Dried Lake if you can get there. Your resists might also be under 75% which is not good at your level.

I would start with jewelry, gloves, then belt and helmet and then boots later. Get life, resists and flat phys (helps get you more fire damage.) There is lots of affordable gear out there if you have a few alcs, chaos or fuses.

Also, I just noticed you dumped entirely into that Sanctuary shield wheel I guess for the resists. Undo that completely go down from Indomitable, pick-up Resolute Technique and grab the top of that Mace wheel below it for now, later get all of it. You are converting physical to fire, you need need some physical damage to get more fire.

Last edited by raziekeljr on Jul 24, 2016, 12:33:19 AM
"
raziekeljr wrote:
Your build is not completely lost but for more damage I think you need to replace that GMP with some other damage gem so your first hit does more. You are really reducing the damage of the projectiles by using it.

Initial hit and projectiles are entirely separate, with 72% more area dps, GMP is one of the best damage boosts you can slap on molten strike when used as a main skill. Also, feels less random like I said before and if you're using life on hit more hits is always good.

The thing about the build is
1. A non-crit 1h build does lack dps and molten already isn't the best AoE skill.
2. Wastes too much points on some unnecessary stuff.
3. Templar is a fairly bad char for a non-crit molten build, his start is afwul and his ascendancies suck so he can't offset point one.

If I wanted a non-crit Molten templar I'd probably go 2H and use something like this:

Another option would be to use Kongor and elemental overload, taking crit branch on inquisitor tree, if you go for elemental focus support you will never inflict ignites (which would suck anyway) so 100% crit chance will always be in effect which means no further crit investment will be needed, and you will have 18% total penetration with lava lash.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 24, 2016, 4:28:29 AM
Had a leftover templar from one of the challenge leagues so I gave that 'another option' a shot. Overall, DpS is pretty good, leeches nicely and ele overload is kicking in often enough to make it worth using. Still, Templar is utter crap for the build as his ascendancies don't add much offense or defense to it, so it isn't tanky enough to just stand there and take the hits or mobile enough to do a good job of three-hits-relocate strategy.

It was unascended so I did a quick merci lab and a few T8s to test it. It could be optimized further with gear as the char was self found and his outfit is a bit crappy and using enfeeble instead of flammability would help with survivability so it could make a decent char ultimately, depending on your expectations.

And about expectations, if the goal is to enter a public party and not feel like dead weight I would recommend some other build after all, something with a bit more range to it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 24, 2016, 8:27:50 AM

1. You dont have enough life, You have 79% increased life but you should have 150% at least.

2. Instead of going for fire damage neaar witch you should go fire life and physical damage from marauder and scion life wheeel.

3. uniuqe flask of sulphur is bad for you becasue you got lof ES. You should get blue flask of this tye with mod: remove bleding on use

4. instead of nodes that give ressistances use 1 jewl with 50%+ total elemental resistances, They are cheap and very efficient

5. You dont have ascendacy class that can make you tankier or give damage

6. IF you are not tied to playing as templar you can restart as Marauder and get Jaggernaut ascendancy and node that give maximum endurance charges. Almost 100% Physical defence ensured.

7. Dont uSE GMP, they lower your damage and give small bonus. Faster attack would be better but multistrike would be the best.

8. Helmet: unique helmet is very bad, use rare item with life and esistances. You cant leech with this helmet and this lower your defence a lot!

9. Body armour: You need body armour with at least 60 life.

10. shield: You need shield with at least 60 life.

11. Gloves: You need gloves with at least 60 life. If you can also get attack speed on them it is also good idea to get it.

12. rings: You need rings with at least 60 life on each.

13. Remember about capping ressits when you will fix your gear. Use http://poe.trade/ to get items, they are cheap, make unid chaos recipe to get chaos orbs.

14. Re roll life flash to get instant helth or at least 50% instant health

15. Get 3rd life flash instead of grantie

16. Use silver flask instead of quicksilver

17. Use CWDT combo: Cast when damage taken (lvl 1) > enfeeble (lvl 5) > immortal call (lvl 3) > increased duration (lvl max)

18. Use decoy totem

19. Instead of Determination use Warlords mark with blasphemy support - it give enurance charges, life and mana leech.

20. Use minions life on Flame golem

21. Use leap slam wit hfaster attacks support gem to move fast

22. Use herald of ash to boost your damage by a lot.

PS. Use earthquake
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jul 24, 2016, 9:25:31 AM
Thanks a lot for all the tips!
There's much to learn for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info