Watch out it is a BEAR!

My CI dude was getting hit for 11k damage on his (Simplesim45) non-crits, so the crits will outright kill anyone. I have low armour though, if that's going to make much of a difference at that scale.

Edit: The crits just come short of killing me. 11k damage or so. The non-crits do less. I'm using belt of the deceiver and indominable, so 50% reduced extra damage from crits.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Sep 6, 2016, 5:15:15 PM
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

I'd also like to remind this char is purely made for a bo7 duel. I'd imagine there can be better sarn clearers than this. The picture you provided is correct yeah but it doesn't really matter as I can spam the traps indefinitely (which is very underrated tbh)

Ah well this is where it differs.

I built mine for sarn and 3v3 CTF.

More room to move so the only thing that lands hits on me are offscreeners. Trappers just walk into my traps constantly (from the current playtesting).

I figured I was correct in my assumption of the cluster trap behavior. My playstyle is to have long lasting traps and move far away from them. So I want those traps to 1 shot. They're more of a surprise kill thing than a pressure thing like you're doing.

I do not run out of traps because I'm not required to spam them.

I'd be curious to see your trap damage against a tanky character.

Im guessing no one has tried to clear ur traps before :P a simple cluster+anytrap works wonders and destroys the traps even through clever construction (huge trigger radius of your traps makes the clearing very easy if there is only 1 trap) This should be a huge counter against you in CTF I think.

Personally I sort of hate running around in sarn with 6k ehp with 0 block and dodge :s You get hit by every projectile cast by vlahd & co and die -.-

Anyways, without ele overload my avg noncrit damage is 2,6k per trap and with it 3,2k per trap soooo if all hit and im eleloaded it can 1shot around 12k~13k hp even without lucky crits (which up the damage to around 4k per hit).

Also I think I'm going to get rid of that TC aura and use TC on hit gloves and herald of ash instead. This allows me to have more mana open which results in me being a lot more tanky again (aka I should be able to survive any single hit traps/mines excluded). The TC aura is strong but quite easily countered by rolling a pathfinder.
Last edited by lapiz on Aug 18, 2016, 1:12:17 AM
"
lapiz wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

I'd also like to remind this char is purely made for a bo7 duel. I'd imagine there can be better sarn clearers than this. The picture you provided is correct yeah but it doesn't really matter as I can spam the traps indefinitely (which is very underrated tbh)

Ah well this is where it differs.

I built mine for sarn and 3v3 CTF.

More room to move so the only thing that lands hits on me are offscreeners. Trappers just walk into my traps constantly (from the current playtesting).

I figured I was correct in my assumption of the cluster trap behavior. My playstyle is to have long lasting traps and move far away from them. So I want those traps to 1 shot. They're more of a surprise kill thing than a pressure thing like you're doing.

I do not run out of traps because I'm not required to spam them.

I'd be curious to see your trap damage against a tanky character.

Im guessing no one has tried to clear ur traps before :P a simple cluster+anytrap works wonders and destroys the traps even through clever construction (huge trigger radius of your traps makes the clearing very easy if there is only 1 trap) This should be a huge counter against you in CTF I think.

Personally I sort of hate running around in sarn with 6k ehp with 0 block and dodge :s You get hit by every projectile cast by vlahd & co and die -.-

Anyways, without ele overload my avg noncrit damage is 2,6k per trap and with it 3,2k per trap soooo if all hit and im eleloaded it can 1shot around 12k~13k hp even without lucky crits (which up the damage to around 4k per hit).

Also I think I'm going to get rid of that TC aura and use TC on hit gloves and herald of ash instead. This allows me to have more mana open which results in me being a lot more tanky again (aka I should be able to survive any single hit traps/mines excluded). The TC aura is strong but quite easily countered by rolling a pathfinder.

From the tests I ran while I was working on my vortex trapper, curse on hit gloves don't work with traps :S
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

From the tests I ran while I was working on my vortex trapper, curse on hit gloves don't work with traps :S

the dot from the trap wont proc the curse, the actual spell dmg hit from the vortex should though?
"
lapiz wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

the dot from the trap wont proc the curse, the actual spell dmg hit from the vortex should though?

That might've been why I didn't see the curse. Maybe monsters were dying a bit fast.

I just tested with lightning trap and temp chains gets applied.

I've always wondered if a curse gets applied after the damage or as soon as the "hit" is confirmed (meaning the curse would apply before the damage).
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

I've always wondered if a curse gets applied after the damage or as soon as the "hit" is confirmed (meaning the curse would apply before the damage).

It aply before damages, that's why CoH Vuln Gloves are so potent on phys build as it act as another "more" Multiplier.
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

It aply before damages, that's why CoH Vuln Gloves are so potent on phys build as it act as another "more" Multiplier.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
hcl wrote:
Does the actual HIT that triggers the Curse _already benefit from the Curse_ ?
No, because you have to hit them to apply the curse, therefore they weren't cursed until you hit them - you were hitting an uncursed enemy, and dealt damage as such.

Well guess I bought the gloves for nothing :(

I'll use em on some other build one day.
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Aug 18, 2016, 3:11:53 PM
Hum strange, I thought hit effects resolved before damage calculation. My bad then.

Still extremely strong for multi hit builds.
Yeah no matter what those gloves are great to have. Hope you slapped the dude you bought them from in the wallet for not q'ing them haha
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134

Fml,

I need a different enchant, but I was planning this for a bear trap build...
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info