New Microtransactions - Steam-powered Weapon and Iron Brand

Thanks for no warning again in dropping this nothing like getting in the middle of the lab an boom kicked!!!
"
Worst MTX's I've ever seen, doesn't fit the style of POE at all.

GGG is lower their high standard they usually produce.

totally agree
The sword looks very similar to weapons in Hellgate: London
I'm sad you can't use this (Steam-Powered Weapon) on daggers but you can put the Radiant Axe on one.
A sword is a sword. A gun is a gun.
Why on Earth would someone mix the two?

Looks like they made a google search and choose the stupidest looking steampunk sword.
Way to go folks!

Anyhow, who cares. As long as no-one forces us to buy stupid skins like this and we have plenty other to choose from, there is no real problem.
OMG...
to be continued
Wasn't the Iron Brand an exclusive MTX from Alienware Arena?
"
Peterking72 wrote:

Looks like they made a google search and choose the stupidest looking steampunk sword.
Way to go folks!

Anyhow, who cares. As long as no-one forces us to buy stupid skins like this and we have plenty other to choose from, there is no real problem.

funny you should say that...
sword/dagger pistol combos are actually real.. so why couldnt they be used in poe?
google sword pistol 1900 for some nice real life examples.
they dont really fit in poe at this time as there are no guns.. act5 maybe?

have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
That sword looks badass :D a steampunk 2handed mace next? :D
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Peterking72 wrote:

Right. A sword is a sword, and a gun is a gun, but a game is also a game, hence, mixing the concept of a gun and a sword together (like in Final Fantasy 8) makes perfect sense in the virtual world, because let's be honest, a killing blow is a little more lethal when you slash an enemy first followed by shooting them at the same time vs. only slashing or shooting. Concepts in games are supposed to be 'creative', anyway, so why all the gripe?

Furthermore, the concept of blades and the like being attached to guns is no new thing, even in the real world. They are still used today, except they are 'knife bayonets' instead of sword bayonets.

The only difference with this weapon is you stab and shoot (or perform one over the other) instead of slash and shoot, and of course it looks less epic than an actual Gunblade like in Final Fantasy 8:

Historically, and I quote "Both sword and spike bayonets lost their popularity after World War I. While sword bayonets can be effective as short swords, they proved to be too unwieldy in cramped quarters in trench warfare, although spike bayonets continued to be used throughout most of the 20th century. A shorter version of the sword bayonet, the knife bayonet, was developed. Today, the majority of modern bayonets are knife bayonets." end of quote

Source: Full history behind the concept of sword bayonets
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jul 22, 2016, 6:35:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info