GhazzyTV - Beginner's Build: Lich Queen Skeleton Summoner [AWAKENER FARMABLE]

"
I have crafted all of my jewels for this build. Usually I spam alterations until I get double T1 of stats I would not mind having and then I regal to try and get a 3rd stat that is nice to have. Look up the T1 reqs for the affixes you want and then look to just buy any appropriate ilvl ghastly jewel that can roll those tiers and use it as a crafting base.

That's exactly what I was thinking about doing, so good to know I'm not crazy. Scouring + Alchemy seemed both expensive and unlikely to net me what I'm hoping for.

"
I leveled on a Tabula and early maps started to feel really squishy when I was under leveled. You might consider a rare 5L (how are rare 6Ls on xbox?) and take out Multistrike. You will take a big hit to your Skeleton DPS but 10 melee skeletons and 3 Solar Guards should still do over 1mill DPS even with 5L. I was lucky and had a beast craft4ed 6L that I could use while I am waiting to 6L my Vis Mortis. Simple thing to do is run a map or two with a 5L setup and see if the damage is acceptable to you.

Ultimately, the biggest challenge with this build is you get hit a lot. Damage reduction with an armor base and properly rolled flasks will help but eventually you just need the eHP pool to tank damage. Also, I used Seething flasks for the instant heal when my eHP was under 6k and I was still learning the build.

Even 5Ls on high tier armors are difficult to find on Xbox honestly (I've been hanging on to any 5L armors I pick up even at lower armor tiers as a result for other characters)... but that's a good call... just take the 5L that I have and give it a shot on a couple of mid-tier maps and see how it goes.

"
Spectre and zombie AI is poor. I find they tend to focus on areas I cast or move to so I will summon skeletons to the area I want them to attack. Always pull the spell echo out when resummoning your spectres to a higher level. Put the gem back in once you get your higher level spectres raised.

I've noticed this as well... I tend to just spam skellies sometimes in the direction that I need the zombies/spectres to go as a result. It's given mixed results but better than doing nothing and watching them run around aimlessly.

"
Good luck doing Vorici as a summoner. Your best option is to try and snag free Vorici dailies from global 820 chat to level up and then do rotas around Vorici 5/6 (I assume you can do this on xbox). Summoners just nuke everything and you have no control. So the only way to do Vorici is get a party that can control their damage and you hang way back so your minions don't aggro unless it is a simple kill mission.

Cool. So I'm not crazy. :D Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any 820 equivalent on Xbox at this time, so I've found it to be a pretty solitary game unless you have friends that are online. Hopefully that improves over time.
"
I have crafted all of my jewels for this build. Usually I spam alterations until I get double T1 of stats I would not mind having and then I regal to try and get a 3rd stat that is nice to have. Look up the T1 reqs for the affixes you want and then look to just buy any appropriate ilvl ghastly jewel that can roll those tiers and use it as a crafting base.

Am I correct in thinking this means ilvl 82 is needed to get T1 max life roll (looked at http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=BaseItemTypes&an=Ghastly+Eye+Jewel)? Not sure how I'd get ilvl 82 other than red tier maps (pretty sure the highest ilvl I'm seeing right now is like 77?). Will do some scouring on trade board and hope that some can be had for reasonably cheap for rerolling purposes.
I see some builds running Victario's Charity but I also see some builds running Lioneye's Remorse. I have both and am wondering which one I should be running and what determines this.
"
hashfr4gd wrote:

Am I correct in thinking this means ilvl 82 is needed to get T1 max life roll (looked at http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=BaseItemTypes&an=Ghastly+Eye+Jewel)? Not sure how I'd get ilvl 82 other than red tier maps (pretty sure the highest ilvl I'm seeing right now is like 77?). Will do some scouring on trade board and hope that some can be had for reasonably cheap for rerolling purposes.

You are correct. I buy all my i82+ jewels to craft. I understand the xbox marketplace is very different than PC so I don't know how easy it would be for you to just see what jewels are for sale with an item level of 82 or higher. If there is some way for you to see item level then weeding through the Ghastly Eye jewels may be worth it. Normally I pick mine up in the PC market for 1-2c depending on time of day.
Small question, on the guide is says to take "Mistress" as the last node but on your character you took "Commander" instead, so i was curious which one would actually be better overall for melee skellies?
"
SaintLucifer wrote:
Small question, on the guide is says to take "Mistress" as the last node but on your character you took "Commander" instead, so i was curious which one would actually be better overall for melee skellies?

Mistress looks to be better for clear speed oriented builds whereas Commander is going to give you more damage and survivability.
So I am basically following the skellie mage build guide the best I know how. Leveled super easy and VERY fun.

https://pastebin.com/FKgjWV4a

I would LOVE to get the 1000str boost and keep my spammy casters. I am new and the part of the game I am digging is map clearing.

My questions right now are probably very obvious...but here goes.
What circumstances do the weapon recommended proc? Can it be replaced by a "better" item for my build?

Does mistress of sacrifice buff affect my minions? The tooltip is not clear to me.

I also was wondering if dropping aegis, putting on a better shield and using those points elsewhere would be a crushing loss? I think with a better shield, the 6 points I think I refund I could reach at least one to two extra gemslots in passive.

Thanks!
Just wanted to pop in and say: THANK YOU for the build!
I followed the higher budget version with specters and meele skeletons (with only some slight variations), and managed to do uber Elder and all other content in the game (uber Atziri, all breach lords, etc.)
Clearspeed is great with solar guards and only switched to TV's for the uber bosses.

Edit:
A thought I had (but didn't try it out), was to use hungry Loop (5L flame golem) ring with Clayshaper. Switching my jewels (exept 1 from dust) for primordial ones. Since the animate guardians dies a lot in the harder fights, I ended up replacing him for a golem (flame or stone depending on content) anyway.
What are your guys thoughts on it?
Last edited by SeeD_MR on Apr 12, 2018, 1:53:58 PM
Having a small issue with this build, while the damage is great, the lack of any real defense is really making hard to do things that have heavy physical damage. Like for example red tier elder guardians. So i'm curious if this is normal for the build and if there is a way to fix it please?
Hi,

i dont know if i wanna play your Spectre/Skeleton Hybrid or a LL Spectre build with defensive auras (puritys etc). Do you have experiences for both build and could helb me with my decision? I dont have much currency so i have to grow with the char. So ll could be difficult but safer?! Dont know...

Could it be possible to farm uber lab with a summoner Build? :D

Greetings,
Kranor42

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info