Medallion, Event 125: DCO Gravicius Kill

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Dead characters will still receive reward points.

Descent events are voided

You are able to read up information regarding Descent: Champions events here

Active Mods
The following league mods are active during this event:
  • Fixed Seed: All instances of a given area have the same area layout, for all players. Multiple Race Events will regularly have the same seed. That is, the instance area layouts will be same in all the races of a fixed seed set. This includes all Signature events.
  • Onslaught: Monsters have 20% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed.

A summary of Time based events:

Time based events are designed to create a competitive environment where players compete not by character experience, but by their ability to progress through the game and complete specific objectives, such as killing bosses.

The boss required to be defeated for this race is: General Gravicius, located in The Nexus.

• The time recorded is based from the beginning of the race, not when your character is created.
  • Characters will not appear on the ladder until they have completed the objective.
  • Characters are not required to have completed the time based objective in order to receive points for the other objectives, such as points awarded for reaching certain levels.
  • Characters who die after completing the objective will still be counted for receiving reward points.
  • Points are awarded at the end of the race, do not delete your characters until they have been moved out of the race league.

Boss Kill Prizes:
The following are awarded to all players to complete them, not just the first.
  • Kill Rukuku, the Pagan God in Normal difficulty: 1 Reward Point.
  • Kill The Brute in Normal difficulty: 1 Reward Point.
  • Kill Hatestorm in Cruel difficulty: 1 Reward Point.
  • Kill Avatar of the Tempest in Cruel difficulty: 1 Reward Point.
  • Kill General Gravicius in Merciless difficulty: 3 Reward Points.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by time will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by time will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Dominance (Unique Golden Mantle) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 20: 5 Reward Points.
  • Level 15-19: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 10-14: 2 Reward Points.
  • Level 5-9: 1 Reward Point.

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty The Freezing Chamber: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Obelisks of Faith: 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art Ngamahu Tiki Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Night's Hold Unique Item (25 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Tear of Purity Unique Item (30 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Victario's Acuity Unique Item (10 available to be won)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2016, 6:59:13 AM
Let's see how this season turns out. The longer events seem a bit loveless to me but we will see how they turn out. Also I am a bit frustrated that Descent and Descent:Champions are boss kill races only now. Last season they were always something special where you had to improve your strategy on how to perfectly receive exp to get the most in 30 minutes. Now many players will just run through the zone all the time. I would have loved to see the normals versions of these events again.

21st July: Now that I overlooked all race-events I am really looking forward with this season. I love testing out new ways of racing where nobody knows how to race perfectly. However, I am really against the longer races which seem to get more and more popular. Normally I am competing in every race where I have chances for the top 20 of my class, what I won't/can't reach in the 48h fb event.

23rd July: The race season is nearly 24 hours ongoing now. Right now I'd consider this the best one yet, even though I thought it would be different. Right now I hate that so many events are having an Onslaught mod, but the first Cutthroat turned out to be so much fun, maybe I'll love the other "new" gamemodifications too. Looking forward for what is coming! (Except the Malachai kills. Fuck Malachai.)

24th July: The Malachai race yesterday turned out to be a lot of fun, besides the fact that a4 was unplayable. The mixture of mods was as so often refreshing and something new. Still I am happy that there are only 2 of these races in the season.

25th July: It's a hard monday with very little gaps between the races. Hard to find any sleep right now w/o missing any races. But I never had been in Top 5 after over 10% of a season was over.

29th July: The season goes very well for me, missed only 2 races completely so far. Hope I can stay in top 20 at least for the alt art this time. Seems to be the last chance to get it!

06th August: Big gap between days, mostly because I am not finding too much time for this between all the races. I am planning to reach 1k pts today (what is pretty nuts). Hope I'll stay in top 5 on the ladder!

18th August: I missed like the half of all the races in the last week and will also miss the Winterheart Ledge tomorrow, feels very bad. After this satisfying season I am really looking forward to the changes to racing in the next seasons and the asynchronous stuff. I guess next league will not start at a similar great time and working will be the problem to reach top 20.
Another thing are the game problems in the last days. At first the Signature which randomly disconnected 95% of the ppl 10 minutes in, then the 48hr with a bugged weaver. Afterwards massive connection problems during another signature and a random game freeze during the last 30m Winterheart ledge, what is by far my favourite race type right now. I hope the team can fix all the problems before the next league or at least race season because it is really annoying to lose to such avoidable stuff.
Last edited by Lifesprigguy on Aug 18, 2016, 3:39:50 PM
"
Lifesprigguy wrote:
Let's see how this season turns out. The longer events seem a bit loveless to me but we will see how they turn out. Also I am a bit frustrated that Descent and Descent:Champions are boss kill races only now. Last season they were always something special where you had to improve your strategy on how to perfectly receive exp to get the most in 30 minutes. Now many players will just run through the zone all the time. I would have loved to see the normals versions of these events again.

21st July: Now that I overlooked all race-events I am really looking forward with this season. I love testing out new ways of racing where nobody knows how to race perfectly. However, I am really against the longer races which seem to get more and more popular. Normally I am competing in every race where I have chances for the top 20 of my class, what I won't/can't reach in the 48h fb event.

23rd July: The race season is nearly 24 hours ongoing now. Right now I'd consider this the best one yet, even though I thought it would be different. Right now I hate that so many events are having an Onslaught mod, but the first Cutthroat turned out to be so much fun, maybe I'll love the other "new" gamemodifications too. Looking forward for what is coming! (Except the Malachai kills. Fuck Malachai.)

24th July: The Malachai race yesterday turned out to be a lot of fun, besides the fact that a4 was unplayable. The mixture of mods was as so often refreshing and something new. Still I am happy that there are only 2 of these races in the season.

25th July: It's a hard monday with very little gaps between the races. Hard to find any sleep right now w/o missing any races. But I never had been in Top 5 after over 10% of a season was over.
Nice blog, where are the other days?
path of exile expert
Chris,

Any details for the makeup 48 hour race you mentioned?

Thank you very much,
Snapfire
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
I was hidden behind the pillar when he started fire nova, opened tree to refund passives and after 6sec I died, weird LOS issue, he can't move while doing nova, right?
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
Finishing last race with demi, what a nice ending to season :)
"
Oskarmln wrote:
Finishing last race with demi, what a nice ending to season :)

I know that feeling :D

It feels damn good.
Died 5 times, first on brute, second on totem, the rest was in the first zone :| Stupid internet lags..Anyway it was a nice season.. GG to all the racers.

Insane weapon for the last race. 1.7k dps on a 4link. gg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info