Stacked Deck

**EDIT** please go read https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1703311

So, Stacked Deck has been released, and I think its fair to give you all a bit more information.

Stacked deck will give 1 Divination card when consumed. This may sound rather bland, but the really important part to keep in mind is that every divination card is weighted equally. This means you are just as likely to get a House of Mirrors as you are to get The Hermit.

I will say I have left out a bit of information on how you actually use the currency, as I want the community to figure that out. I will say it is a bit different than any other currency.

****EDIT****
Some additional background information:

My inspiration for the currency was from ZiggyD, when he was opening MTG booster packs on his stream back in March.

Here is my original idea I pitched to GGG:

"
The idea is pretty simple, and inspired by by booster packs from card games like magic: the gathering. I wanted to have a card that you could turn in for 20 random divination cards (multiples are ok).

I realize that the first issue here is that the divination system is only designed to return a single item to the user. My thoughts here is that it could return an item that appears to be a stack of divination cards. This item could be a unique that has the potential to drop in the world.

As you can see this idea always involved a divination card to go with the item (which became a currency).
IGN: Noshei or Silvannn
Last edited by Noshei on Jul 20, 2016, 1:43:22 AM
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2017, 10:42:00 AM
"every divination card is weighted equally"

OH. MY. GOD.
In-game: leonid
All Challenges Done! (Ana/Ons) 9/9/2013
All Challenges Done! (Dom/Nem) 1/30/2014
All Challenges Done! (Tor/Bld) 3/10/2015
All Achievements Done! 9/28/2016
Sounds really cool.
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
My original guess was so close it may well be 100% accurate so far. Guessing you either use it on a card or stack of cards.

But what exactly is stacked about a deck that's literally, completely random? (My guess specifically included The Risk, BTW.) C'mon now. Misnamed currency.

And before anyone gets too excited, I'm gonna remind everyone... there are a lot of not so impressive div cards. GL on that set of house of mirrors you plan to stack.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
I bet you apply the Stacked Deck to an existing card!

Edit: to Zica: it's stacked because it skews the proportion way differently from normal drop rates. Similar to how there are 2 jokers in a deck of playing cards vs 4 of every figure, this would be like a deck with 1 joker and 1 of every figure, which means the odds are stacked in your favour if you wanted a joker.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jul 19, 2016, 8:27:23 PM
"
adghar wrote:
it's stacked because it skews the proportion way differently from normal drop rates. Similar to how there are 2 jokers in a deck of playing cards vs 4 of every figure, this would be like a deck with 1 joker and 1 of every figure, which means the odds are stacked in your favour if you wanted a joker.

Spot on.
IGN: Noshei or Silvannn
"
adghar wrote:
I bet you apply the Stacked Deck to an existing card!

If it is it will be literally what I guessed in the first place. An Orb of Alteration for divination cards.

And eh, true random just doesn't feel "stacked" even if it is better odds than the abysmal ones you get from live drops. It's still gonna take many thousands to get a single mirror, or Voll's for that matter.

It would have to drop like identify scrolls to make much of an impact.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
So... does this currency drop, or is the only way to get it through your card?
"
Noshei wrote:
This means you are just as likely to get a House of Mirrors as you are to get The Hermit.

HOLY SHIT

EVERYONE WITH A DIVINATION CARD DESIGN LEFT, PLEASE USE IT TO MAKE CARDS THAT GIVE STACKS OF MIRRORS

WE NEED SEVERAL CARDS THAT GIVE STACKS OF MIRRORS

IF HALF OF THE DIVINATION CARDS GIVE 10 MIRRORS THEN STACKED DECK WILL TOTALLY BREAK THE ECONOMY
So, isn't this just 'the gambler'?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info