[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

"
dixa wrote:
"
Lopi85 wrote:
"
dixa wrote:
not sure why you are using faster projectiles instead of controlled destruction. controlled destruction is more damage/dps and you only lose 5% crit and doesn't require you to gear for dex

First, thanks for notice :)

Small correction: If I use Controlled Destruction I lose 7% crit because of Increased Critical Strike Chance linked in Flame Totem Gem.

I using Faster Projectiles because I need AoE. I have good enchant in my helm 150% increased buff of my lightning golem (+25% cast and attack speed). Cast speed really boost my DPS and I need attack speed too because of Whirling Blades. In my opinion Faster Projectiles still better for mapping (+70% Totem Range). My damage is fine, T16 Map:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWg3PiqylbU

If You need more DPS Controlled Destruction is better choice. I recommend this tree (because of Sniper Node):
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAMeBAcEswagBsMHHgthDkgPxBDMES8RlhQgFgsWbxa_F4wagRzcHRQfAh8YH0EmlSoLKhMrCi0fMtE1kjbFO3w8LT38QZZFR0lRTLNOrlBHUXRR-1VLVcZYY1jlWitd8l5dXz9h4mSEZp5nm2jybqpvO3BSeA17IHuzfIN_xoIeg1-DzIPbg_OFMonTjDaMz45kjxqPRo_6lSCVLqIAoqOj8qaZpqOnCKeUrhKuPq6zr2yxNrXytvq3PrjKuX65k8AawGbB88MJxgTGrsbYzRbPZ9Af0PXR_dgk2L3bC-Nq5FHr7uv17w7v6_Af8NXyHfZI96b4k_m9-tL-Cv6H?accountName=Lopi85&characterName=Spalony

and I recommend this enchant:

Now You have +50%(20% Snpier + 30% enchant) Projectiles speed and better DPS and most importantly You don't need DEX (no DEX no Vaal Haste/Grace but it is not a big problem)

Flame Totem without +bonus projectile speed in my opinion suck at all.
Sorry for bad English.

still doesn't add up.

at level 52 if i use your gem setup (no empower,iron will atm) the tooltip dps on my totems is 2382

if i replace increased crit and projectile speed with faster casting and controlled destruction, it's 3335

ALL gems are 20 quality and the same level.

For clarity Faster Casting doesn't increased Totem Range (only Faster Projectiles do)
If You using Whirling Blades with Faster Attack Support DEX is still needed...

For sience I little change my build and this fast comparison:
Flame Totem with Faster Projectiles:
+70% Totem Range (because of Faster Projectiles Gem)
102k DPS per Totem
74% Crit Chance

Flame Totem with Controlled Destruction:
+50% Totem Range (+30% helm enchant + 20% Sniper node)
122k DPS per Totem
67% Crit Chance

Video comparison T16 Clear Chimera Map:
Faster Projectiles: https://youtu.be/jQl4I_m3pUw
Controlled Destruction: https://youtu.be/Kpi__Nq321o
Last edited by Lopi85 on Jan 8, 2017, 7:39:29 PM

you're right, faster casting does not make the totem projectiles have increased range. it makes the totem cast faster, which is a direct dps buff. i find the range of the totem fine as is.
for anyone following, the abosolute highest dps possible for flame totem is simply replacing iron will with a level 4 empower (7 exalts yeesh). replacing either iron will, faster casting, controlled destruction or any combination of the three with quality 20 increased crit and faster projectiles is actually a net dps loss.

since the build doesn't take elemental overload there is no point to using increased crit as it IS a dps loss over faster casting, and swap controlled destruction with faster projectiles if you want more aoe or range for the totems.

and we are not talking a small difference here. at level 63 so not wearing my mantle, totem-pen-faster casting-level 4 empower-controlled destruction-elemental focus (all quality 20 gems) is 11.6k dps, 12.5k dps for a few seconds after dropping a totem. changing that combination out in any way to add faster projectile alonw drops the base dps over 2k to 9.4, and changing this combination in any way to add increased crit and faster projectiles drops it all the way down from 11.6 to 7.2k dps. this difference will become larger as i gain in levels, passives, put on my mantle and my 40% flame totem helmet.

if you need more aoe swap in a faster projectiles for sure, but i would not put both of those gems in at the same time.
"
dixa wrote:
for anyone following, the abosolute highest dps possible for flame totem is simply replacing iron will with a level 4 empower (7 exalts yeesh). replacing either iron will, faster casting, controlled destruction or any combination of the three with quality 20 increased crit and faster projectiles is actually a net dps loss.

since the build doesn't take elemental overload there is no point to using increased crit as it IS a dps loss over faster casting, and swap controlled destruction with faster projectiles if you want more aoe or range for the totems.

and we are not talking a small difference here. at level 63 so not wearing my mantle, totem-pen-faster casting-level 4 empower-controlled destruction-elemental focus (all quality 20 gems) is 11.6k dps, 12.5k dps for a few seconds after dropping a totem. changing that combination out in any way to add faster projectile alonw drops the base dps over 2k to 9.4, and changing this combination in any way to add increased crit and faster projectiles drops it all the way down from 11.6 to 7.2k dps. this difference will become larger as i gain in levels, passives, put on my mantle and my 40% flame totem helmet.

if you need more aoe swap in a faster projectiles for sure, but i would not put both of those gems in at the same time.

For endgame Faster Casting is much worse than Increased Critical Strike. In my build now I have:
122k DPS with Increased Critical Strike 21/20
110k DPS when I replace Inc Crit Strike to Faster Casting 20/23

This thread is about endgame CRIT BASED build not for beginners. Do not compare lvl63 character with weak items and half of passive tree to lvl95+ Support Gems differently work in a later phase of the game.

For mapping best gem is still Faster Projectiles unless You have +30% Flame Totem projectiles speed helm enchant and +20% Projectiles speed from Sniper Node. This is my my subjective opinion.

Best DPS Support Gems for Flame Totem at endgame (crit based build) is:
Fire Penetration=>Elemental Focus=>Increased Critical Strike=>Empower(lvl4)=>Controlled Destruction

At the beggining Faster Casting is better because You don't have enough critical strike chance and critical multi.
"
Lopi85 wrote:
"
dixa wrote:

For endgame Faster Casting is much worse than Increased Critical Strike. In my build now I have:
122k DPS with Increased Critical Strike 21/20
110k DPS when I replace Inc Crit Strike to Faster Casting 20/23

This thread is about endgame CRIT BASED build not for beginners. Do not compare lvl63 character with weak items and half of passive tree to lvl95+ Support Gems differently work in a later phase of the game.

For mapping best gem is still Faster Projectiles unless You have +30% Flame Totem projectiles speed helm enchant and +20% Projectiles speed from Sniper Node. This is my my subjective opinion.

Best DPS Support Gems for Flame Totem at endgame (crit based build) is:
Fire Penetration=>Elemental Focus=>Increased Critical Strike=>Empower(lvl4)=>Controlled Destruction

At the beggining Faster Casting is better because You don't have enough critical strike chance and critical multi.

folks still need to get to endgame. as your build is so vastly different than any other warchief totem build passive wise, people who do not want to or are unable to drop a few exalts in regrets will follow your tree from the beginning.

end game, 50 ex build guides are a dime a dozen. build guides that can't kill uber atziri are a dime a dozen. a real guide should cover all basis, especially since wothout a 6 link infernal mantle and tukohama's any marauder flame totem build is going to be struggling in the damage department.

the best way I have found to level a flame totem marauder is wihtout spells at all - grab a 2hander, use ground slam until 12 and then sunder after until you hit ancestral bond. only after this point will dual totems KEEP UP with a naked, wearing only a 2hand sunder spamming marauder regardless of passive layout.

and then, because of the sheer number of passive refund points anyone who flips from your first build to your new build would have to spend making is untenable for most players in the league to not build from the ground up from your new spec - you know, the one you showed killing shaper with the new-this-league-shield - will have very few points invested in health nodes by the time they can use tokuhama's shield. because of the travel in the tree the smart play by your 50's to survive provided you dont have hundreds of chaos is to have both mom and that other node which moves es to your mana pool. that's a lot of travel using nodes that don't provide extra damage or health.

this is a rich man's build, period. in both comfortably leveling and playing end game. your guide should state as such. it's also not a kill atziri in your 60's build like so many other builds for the same or less investment are.

i do want to thank you for pointing out just how far behind the flame totem build is now since the nerf given the same currency investment, even though the flame totem build is the preferred botting build.
Now that facebreaker have been nerfed is there any better ones to use? would it be better perhaps to use maligaro's?
Just wanted to vouch that this build is great!
Running totem builds since years, with this build (in breach) I could already killed more endgame content than ever before.

I just changed some gear slots, as I prefer haste for more movespeed and also I prefer the crit chance on boots than the ele resis, probably you do more dps with secondone, but without crit rings it is necessary to generate the most possible chance for crits.
Also I don`t like the new shild, it gives you more dps vs single target, but in map farming 2 totems with crit shild are better than 3 totems without...

A big advice:
use searing bond!!!
Am not sure if it gives you also lifeleech or not
(usually dmg over time does not, but asceandy sais: fire dmg leeched as life)
but!:
you get 1 more target for mobs instead of yourself
you ignite the mobs, even your flame totems do, so you bypass elematal focus and so get also the dmg buff for burning enemies!
Try it out dude :)

My gear so far:

Spoiler

Thank you for this great build!
Still thinking about how to add assasin mark and pc on crit in a CWDT setup...
Any ideas hardly appreciated!
ingame: @Firepopyre
Last edited by mat_24 on Jan 14, 2017, 7:16:13 AM
Hey Lopy, i wanted to ask how this build would work with a +2fire gems +1 gems 6link staff
amazing build, i like this passive three.
Bump. Thinking about using this in 2.6 for SSF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info