Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

[removed] Sorry, mistaken post when I added a new thread to the OP.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Feb 27, 2019, 8:43:42 PM
I'd like to also contribute to this topic saying I also despise Labyrinth and it is probably the only thing that has made me literally rage quit and feel angry in real life.

I wish it would just be removed from the game, but I know that's not possible, so instead I'd like to see it become an optional thing, rather than a tedious and frustrating grindfest for either helm enchants or endgame challenges.

Ideas for solutions:

After initially completing all 4 labs, offering isn't required for that character for uber anymore.

After initially completing all 4 labs, choose one bonus for the entire lab in the like of the shrines found inside. (cannot be damaged by traps if you've taken 25% of your combined life and ES maximum as damage in the last 4 seconds) (One bonus treasure key) (skip golden door) and more ideas welcome

After initially completing all 4 labs, divine font can be used 1 time for each slot. (depending on lab tier, this would be 1-2-3-3 uses)

After initially completing all 4 labs, using a 20/20 uncorrupted gem in conjunction with divine font will result with a helm enchantment for the sacrificed skill gem on random from the possible enchantments for that skill.
(if this is not enough of a sacrifice, add an offering price on top, 1 x 20/20 gem + 5 offerings to the goddess)

Reduce respec cost for ascendancy or change the way it functions. (again could be priced in offerings to the goddess, X amount of offerings to respec your whole ascendancy)

Some sort of bonus for opening X or more amount of chests at the end, or alternative for the specific enchantment payment:
-Sacrifice Treasure Keys for additional uses of font
-Sacrifice Treasure Keys to lock out gem tags
-Sacrifice Treasure Keys to lock out chest type before opening

Change the multiple chests to a single chest which gives more/better loot depending on how many keys you've accumulated (sacrificing keys for other options still should let you open a tier 0 chest with minor rewards)

DISCLAIMER: These are just ideas and as such are not stated with exact balance in mind, but rather as starting points for whoever might read them to improve upon and hopefully aid in solving dissatisfaction with the labyrinth as a whole.
"
DanteKorvinus wrote:
I'd like to also contribute to this topic saying I also despise Labyrinth and it is probably the only thing that has made me literally rage quit and feel angry in real life.

I wish it would just be removed from the game, but I know that's not possible, so instead I'd like to see it become an optional thing, rather than a tedious and frustrating grindfest for either helm enchants or endgame challenges.

Ideas for solutions:

After initially completing all 4 labs, offering isn't required for that character for uber anymore.

After initially completing all 4 labs, choose one bonus for the entire lab in the like of the shrines found inside. (cannot be damaged by traps if you've taken 25% of your combined life and ES maximum as damage in the last 4 seconds) (One bonus treasure key) (skip golden door) and more ideas welcome

After initially completing all 4 labs, divine font can be used 1 time for each slot. (depending on lab tier, this would be 1-2-3-3 uses)

After initially completing all 4 labs, using a 20/20 uncorrupted gem in conjunction with divine font will result with a helm enchantment for the sacrificed skill gem on random from the possible enchantments for that skill.
(if this is not enough of a sacrifice, add an offering price on top, 1 x 20/20 gem + 5 offerings to the goddess)

Reduce respec cost for ascendancy or change the way it functions. (again could be priced in offerings to the goddess, X amount of offerings to respec your whole ascendancy)

Some sort of bonus for opening X or more amount of chests at the end, or alternative for the specific enchantment payment:
-Sacrifice Treasure Keys for additional uses of font
-Sacrifice Treasure Keys to lock out gem tags
-Sacrifice Treasure Keys to lock out chest type before opening

Change the multiple chests to a single chest which gives more/better loot depending on how many keys you've accumulated (sacrificing keys for other options still should let you open a tier 0 chest with minor rewards)

DISCLAIMER: These are just ideas and as such are not stated with exact balance in mind, but rather as starting points for whoever might read them to improve upon and hopefully aid in solving dissatisfaction with the labyrinth as a whole.

Thank you for sharing your opinion and suggestions on the despised Labyrinth. I've added your name to the list of people now at 1026 that have voiced a similar opinion on the Labyrinth here in the Feedback and Suggestions forum.

I like your suggestions and anything along those lines would greatly improve PoE, IMHO. The Lab is just crab boring game play in the opinion of many. It can also be very frustrating to have to redo the whole boring thing from the beginning if there's a disconnect. It is also frustrating because it seems every time I go into the horrible place I seem to get an extra lot of trade requests.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I love Lab... just not in its current state. Don't get me wrong, the idea of a hardcore 'maze-like' area is interesting, though anyone with a brain and 2 eyes can see the blatant issue with why it is so hated and why it shouldn't be implemented in the state which it is.

So my solutions are:

Remove the ascendancy shrine from the end of the Lab, instead move it to the front. Finished the trials? Good, that makes you ascend, running the lab gives you the reward chests and enchant.

Taking care of the RNG-gating for enchantments... I actually like the idea of 'DanteKorvius' a lot, it costs quite a bit to be done, a 20/20 gem isn't cheap for many skills, and it gets rid of the massive RNG factor. As for people who don't care which enchantment gets onto it... they can still simply RNG it out and hope for a good one.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
Just a bump. I don't want the thread to go dormant since I'm still updating the lists in the opening post.
I generally play SSF no matter the league since I hate trading but the lab isn't really a problem for me, at least getting the full points. I just make sure I'm appropriately leveled/geared.

I don't run eternals since the lab really isn't that fun a piece of content but in terms of ascendancies, I think we all play the game enough to know when it feels right to go get the last two.

Over the years though, my approach to PoE has become just to ignore that which I don't enjoy or in the case of Labs, just get it done and get the result.
"
Powertrip wrote:
I generally play SSF no matter the league since I hate trading but the lab isn't really a problem for me, at least getting the full points. I just make sure I'm appropriately leveled/geared.

I don't run eternals since the lab really isn't that fun a piece of content but in terms of ascendancies, I think we all play the game enough to know when it feels right to go get the last two.

Over the years though, my approach to PoE has become just to ignore that which I don't enjoy or in the case of Labs, just get it done and get the result.
This sums up my approach as well.

SSF all the way, mind the levels & gear, skip the unenjoyable content, and get labs out of the way to get the result.

It's unfortunate that defining your character is a "low or negative enjoyment" part of the game for *many* players. But, at least for now that's how it is.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
[Removed]
Last edited by xtesterx on May 10, 2020, 2:40:13 PM
"
xtesterx wrote:
Just play the game and you'll find all trials sooner or later. Never had an issue finding all trials. When this is your problem then you didn't play enough maps. Simple.

On the other hand: Traps just feel misplaced in this genre. I also think Lab is not fun (for most builds, Hello summoners) and I would completely remove Ascendancy from Lab overall to make the Lab an optional place to run.

Thank you for voicing your opinion that Ascendancy should best be separated from the lab. I've added your name to the list of people that have voiced a similar opinion now at 1037 account names long. See opening post for details.
The ONLY two issues i see that could potentially use some attention are...

Trials for Uber lab..
I simply have no idea how a SSF player can stomic getting these without some serious RNG involved. They should have a mechanic where at the very least the more Trials you run the higher chances the ones you still have missing gain more chance to spawn.. Up to 100 after a certain threshold.

The fact i have to resort to Global 820 every single fucking league for those last 1-2 Trials is simply broken. This cant hurt the game only serve to help. No Excuse for it to continue on the way it works currently. I even kept up with it one league and after 40+ trails and giving up and resorting to 820 guess what? Had i not resorted to 820 that Legaue and waited will i found it after 80+ Trials? I STILL would have never found that fucking last one... Thats why every single league since then? Second i get to maps i hit 820 and in 10-15 mins im running lab.. But thats not acceptable.

Trading while in Lab in General...
There is no reason if you want me to run content i can possibly leave without scrapping my run you do not give me the ability to have some way to trade at the very least at the "Checkpoints" at my stash before the boss fights. Instance those rooms like my HO so i can Invite other players to come to where i am and trade before i engage my well earned fight.

Those are after all this time the two major issues ive found as someone that might otherwise completely understand and have the ability to completely overcome all others grips the community seems to have with Lab. It serves it place and it holds some of the best risk vs reward your build can possibly gain in this game left. The first 3 labs are child's play with the final Uber Lab being the only one that players even have to prepare for at all on even the most novice of play level. If you as the player have not gained the ability or learned the tools nessisary to complete all labs with ease by this point? Its simply because you lack the ability, time, or will, or whatever excuse you can come up with to ever try and conquer the endgame of POE. So until you figure out your own shortcomings? Thats your individual Wall.. All players run into them at some point... most overcome them.. while the rest come complain on the forums instead of problem solving..
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 11, 2019, 6:17:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info