[2.3] ICE SHOT FORKER - the omnidirectional shotgun

Is this projectile return mechanic worth it for clearing though? or will I be better off just going 100% pierce?
if you want 100% pierce, then pure LA is king.

efficiency-wise, this is more for pvp.

The thing is, there is almost no reason to go Deadeye anymore. LA and blastrain all utilize Pathfinder fully. I wanted to find an ascendancy class that truly utilizes Deadeye. And that is Ice shot.

Some people have suggested swapping Powerful Precision to +1 chain. If you are purely looking for raw clear speed in pve, maybe that could be viable. But we're in the pvp forums.
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
"
Castablanca wrote:
if you want 100% pierce, then pure LA is king.

efficiency-wise, this is more for pvp.

The thing is, there is almost no reason to go Deadeye anymore. LA and blastrain all utilize Pathfinder fully. I wanted to find an ascendancy class that truly utilizes Deadeye. And that is Ice shot.

Some people have suggested swapping Powerful Precision to +1 chain. If you are purely looking for raw clear speed in pve, maybe that could be viable. But we're in the pvp forums.

Of course, I just thought your PvP concept might work for PvE. Meta builds tend to be stale.
the advantage of ice shot in pve is the crowd control.

if you don't straight up freeze the mob, they're slowed by the chilled ground, which is everywhere due to the massive aoe and multiple arrows.

also, taste of hate works very well as both defense and offense.

finally, the 8% cold penetration node near the King of the Hill node is very reachable for rangers.
it's a shame crowd control isn't that valuable anymore in the current clear speed meta.

On a side note have you tried ele weakness on hit facebreakers?
yeah facebreakers with ele weakness would be the best dps choice for pve. for pvp we need more tankiness most of the time than 10-15% damage buff
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
i've tried it with ele weakness, but as rupe says, almost everyone in pvp has 100+ resists. so minus 32% resists still puts you at cap.

temp chains on hit on the other hand, always works (unless they have warding up obviously).
25% slow with 60% pvp reduction = about 15% slow, which is most certainly better than nothing
any theory crafting with the new slivertongue?
slivertongue is weak
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
thought so

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info