The Secret Cookbook of a Bachelor Exile

Nice, I like to hear feedback :)

I'm leaving the rice to soak for a bit and using ordinary long grain glazed rice which cooks fast, there's enough liquid in there to steam it just right. Some types of rice would probably be a bit undercooked, right, so it might be a good idea to precook it, I've done that when using whole grain rice.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Ahh, looks like my rice was the problem. I'm using a regular basmati rice so maybe some precooking is in order. Cheers and happy new year!
Sour Haku Stew

The man could indeed stand to smile a little more, however, this stew owes its refreshing taste to lemon juice instead, as sourness in character is somewhat tricky to harvest. This is something you typically make in summer when you can get ripe, fresh tomatoes, which is when the pics were taken but I suppose you can sub them with canned ones.

Ingredients:
- 500g Haku fillets, but any other kind of sea fish works too
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon harissa (or a large pinch of chili powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped, grated or pressed
- a generous squeeze of lemon (watch out for the seeds)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley or coriander, chopped
- 3 mint sprigs, chopped (optional)

1. Put all the ingredients except the oil, fish, potatoes and fresh herbs in a pot
and simmer them for 10-15 minutes, adding a bit of water if necessary. Prepare the potatoes while waiting.

2. Add the potatoes and water to fill the pot
leave some room for the fish and boil until potatoes are almost done.

3. Add the fish to the pot
and stir in the olive oil. Cook 10-20 minutes, depending on which fish you used, and how big the chunks were.

4. Add the fish to the pot
and stir in the olive oil. Cook 10-20 minutes, depending on which fish you used, and how big the chunks were. Sprinkle with herbs and dig in.

Last edited by raics on Apr 26, 2018, 4:46:58 PM
"
raics wrote:
Especially this lentil soup, I'll have to try it out.

I've made it a few times now and it's really nice. As noted, you can omit the meat and chicken stock and put in more veggies like parsnip or parsley root to get more flavor, very vegan friendly if you have to make it that way.

Last edited by raics on Apr 26, 2018, 4:47:13 PM
This thread deserves a bump.
Sorry I cant contribute much, Im a disaster in the kitchen if Im not following a recipe. And my diet is probably unlike the vast majority.
I'll at least leave a link to this booru (caution: may contain crimes against humanity)

http://ck.booru.org/
Oblivious
I have never eaten a fiddlehead but I'm curious. I hear fiddlehead and I always think of spiders (fiddleback).

The wife takes leftovers to work for lunch all the time.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info