(2.5 UPDATED!) CI Vaal Spark Inquisitor!

Wondering if this is still viable in 2.5 breach for softcore!
bump
Lmao... the item choices are so cringe.
"
Hauzilla123 wrote:
Lmao... the item choices are so cringe.

I cringe harder at your word choice. haHAA
Please, write Passive skill tree step by step :)
How does lightning damage shatter enemies then?
I´ve just started playing around and I have the brotherhood ring and the jewel.
But neither does lightning damage shatter enemies not does it seem to apply cold damage.
What´s the problem here?

It would be really cool if a build guide would actually explain the mechanics behind it!
"
IamLoco wrote:
How does lightning damage shatter enemies then?
I´ve just started playing around and I have the brotherhood ring and the jewel.
But neither does lightning damage shatter enemies not does it seem to apply cold damage.
What´s the problem here?

It would be really cool if a build guide would actually explain the mechanics behind it!

To shatter mobs you have to kill them while they are frozen,
Vaal spark builds use CotB to have their Vspark apply cold damage.
Cold damage can freeze through %freeze chance on gear/tree/jewels
OR (And this is what Vspark builds do) by critting :) A crit will make Fire damage Ignite, Lightning damage Shock and Cold damage Freeze. If you're not shattering mobs (with cotb), try getting more critical strike chance or Criticical strike chance for spells.
A really easy way to get a ton of crit is by using a Diamond Flask, (with some useful affixes, like reduced charge use or increased charges gained, or the Surgeon's prefix. Which has a chance to give u a charge on critical hit, making the flask scale with itself)! What the diamond flask does is basically roll ur crit twice. So if you have 50% crit chance, it rolls a dice with 1-100 twice, and takes the highest number. so let's say u roll 34 and 57. Without the diamond flask u would've had a 34 and not crit. With the diamond flask it takes the highest, so 57 > 50, so it crits!

Tl;Dr
If you're not shattering mobs (and u have CoTB), get more (spell)crit!
First, thanks for the build.
I also wanted to try a Vaal Sparker because everyone is saying its probably the fastest map clearer.

I watched your vid of Gorge and Im currently trying this build myself. After that, I have the feeling my Flame Golem Necromancer clears it faster with just shield charging through packs without the need to cast anything and the golems just destroy anything while moving on.

Is it because it's a budget version? What will make it faster with expensive gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info