[2.4] Simple Juggernaut Earthquaker - Uber Lab Farmer

This is my personal Juggernaut Earthquake build, adapted from a few other builds. I use it primarily for farming the Endgame Labyrinth.

I imagine this build is hardcore viable, although if you go hardcore you might want to alter the skill tree a little bit to further sacrifice damage for defense.

Important Note: Even with the Juggernaut nerf, this is a very good build. You simply have to get into the habit of spamming Enduring Cry more often. I have been playing it in Essence League and it has served me faithfully.

Required Uniques: None, really
Highly Suggested Uniques: Marohi Erqi, Devoto's Devotion, Kaom's Sign/Kaom's Way, Rumi's Concoction
Expensive Optional Uniques: Death's Door, The Brass Dome

Pros
- Very high life regeneration
- Very high physical damage reduction
- High damage output
- Very fast for a Juggernaut Earthquake build
- Basically permanent 9 Endurance Charges, 4 Frenzy Charges, and Fortify
- Can get away with as low as 5k life

Cons
- Some damage is sacrificed for defense
- Doesn't handle elemental damage very well
- Two handed weapon, so no block (except with a Rumi's)
- Physical reflect is a no-go
- Only 5k life

Screenshots
Spoiler

In my Hideout with Hatred, Herald of Ash, and Flame Golem active. All gems are level 20.
Spoiler

In combat with Hatred, Herald of Ash, Flame Golem, nine Endurance Charges, and four Frenzy Charges active. Offense tab. All gems are level 20.
Spoiler

In combat with Hatred, Herald of Ash, Flame Golem, nine Endurance Charges, and four Frenzy Charges active. Defense tab. All gems are level 20.
Spoiler

Gear and Gems
Spoiler

My gear is all from Prophecy League. I will update them to Essence League as soon as I reach a similar power level.

Five-linked Marohi Erqi. Gems: (5 Red) Earthquake (Mine is corrupted to level 21, but this is frivolous), Melee Physical Damage, Less Duration, Fortify (This comes in handy with the Juggernaut Ascendancy), Added Fire Damage.
If you can only obtain a four-linked Marohi, leave out Added Fire Damage.
If you manage to get a six-linked Marohi, add Endurance Charge on Melee Stun to help alleviate the recent nerf to the Unrelenting Juggernaut passive, or get a blue socket and use Concentrated Effect for more damage.

I have a five-linked body armour, but a four-link will do just fine. Gems: (4 Red) Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 11), Immortal Call (lvl 13), Punishment (lvl 14), Increased Duration. If you do end up 5-linking your armour, add Molten Shell (lvl 16).
Also, if you can obtain a Brass Dome, the new unique gladiator plate added in 2.4, that would be the best option for body armour (You'll have to stack resists somewhere else, though). However, The Brass Dome is prohibitively expensive for most players.
Some people have suggested using Kaom's Heart, but its lack of sockets would require me to change the build on a few fundamental levels. Plus, it is prohibitively expensive for most players.

I'm using a Devoto's Devotion for two reasons: 1) It has bonus movement speed that you normally only see on boots. Marauders are generally slow characters, and although there is a Juggernaut Ascendancy node to help with that, Devoto's is a better option. 2) It has a ton of extra Dexterity, which you will probably need desperately. Devoto's also has a 10% physical damage reduction, but with all of the physical damage you'll be scaling, its effect is negligible.
The helmet requires four sockets but only needs three links. Gems: (2 Red, 1 Green | 1 Green) Vengeance, Blind, Life Gain on Hit (This can be replaced with many other support gems, LGoH is just what I use). Hatred is in a socket by itself, but it can be linked to the other gems without consequence.
If you can't get your hands on a Devoto's early on, get a nice rare Eternal Burgonet to tide you over until you can afford a Devoto's. This build is still very viable without the Devoto's, it's just a very nice QoL item.
For the helmet enchantment, try to go for either 12% increased Earthquake radius, 40% increased Earthquake damage, or 30% reduced Earthquake duration. If you can't get an Earthquake enchantment, try to get 15% increased Leap Slam attack speed, 30% increased Enduring Cry cooldown recovery speed, or 36% increased Enduring Cry buff effect.

The gloves require four sockets but can get away with being three-linked. Gems: (RRRR) Enduring Cry, Reduced Mana, Increased Duration. Summon Flame Golem can be linked or by itself, but it does benefit from Reduced Mana. The other three have to be linked.
Note that if you want to take a more defensive stance, you can go with Chaos Golem instead of Flame Golem. This will grant you physical damage reduction instead of extra damage. You will need a blue socket for this.
If you are having trouble with mana, master-craft % of Physical Attack Damage leeched as Mana on to your gloves. This should take care of any mana regen woes that you have.
For the gloves enchantment, get either Commandment of Fury or Commandment of Spite. There are only 15 gloves enchantments so this shouldn't be too hard to get.

The boots require two red and two green sockets, with at least two of them (one red and one green) being linked. Other than that, links don't matter. Gems: (1 Red, 1 Green | 1 Red | 1 Green) Leap Slam, Faster Attacks. These are the two that must be linked. The other two gems are Blood Rage and Herald of Ash.
Make sure to get 30% increased movement speed on your boots.
For the boots enchantment, get regenerate 2.0% of life and mana per second if you were hit recently. There are only 15 boots enchantments as well, so this shouldn't be too hard to get either.
Note that the unique boots Death's Door (they have everything: +1 Endurance Charge, immunity to Bleeding, +% to all resists, 200% increased armour, and 25% increased movement speed) are very good for this build, but will be prohibitively expensive for most players.

On non-unique gear, prioritize increased armour, life, and strength, as well as any resistances you may need to cap them at 75%. Make sure to 20% quality everything.

Jewelry and Flasks
Spoiler

Jewelry

Standard Jewelry with resists and life. Those and Strength are the most important mods. A leather belt and two-stone ring are the best bases for you. The base of the amulet doesn't really matter but you'll probably want either a citrine (str & dex) or jade (dex) if you don't have dexterity on any of your other gear, or a paua (mana regen) if you're having mana issues.

Equip Kaom's Way in your other ring slot. Since this is a build that relies heavily on Endurance Charges, the Regen per Endurance Charge and +1 Endurance Charge are immensely useful. If you can't get a Kaom's Way right away, a Kaom's Sign can be substituted. It doesn't have the regen per Endurance Charge, but the +1 Endurance Charge on Kaom's Sign is still worth it, especially because you get extra elemental resistance per Endurance Charge, which you'll have active almost all the time.

Flasks

I like to have two life flasks, one with the Bubbling prefix and one with the Seething prefix. This isn't required but it helps out a lot with quick recovery (Remember, Bubbling = 50% less recovered, half instantly and half normally, and Seething = 66% less recovered, all instantly). I like to have one flask with the Staunching suffix for getting rid of bleed, and I have Curing on the other one for dealing with poison, although this isn't as necessary. Eternal Life Flasks are the best in my opinion for their amount of life recovered, recovery speed, and number of uses (although a Divine Flask is probably better for Seething). Flasks with the Catalyzed prefix are also nice.

A Quicksilver Flask for speed. I like the Ample prefix for extra uses and the Heat suffix for getting rid of Frozen (this is important for Strongboxes).

Another, very optional, Quicksilver Flask. I love having the combination of the Ample prefix for an extra use combined with the Adrenaline suffix for extra speed. Alternatively, another life flask or a hybrid flask can be nice to have.
You may want to use a Mana Flask until you can get the regenerate 2.0% of life and mana per second if you were hit recently enchantment on your boots.

I use a Granite Flask for the occasional extra armour. The Iron Skin suffix is great for even more armour, but I don't really care about the prefix on this one.
A Rumi's Concoction is also very nice, especially for high-level maps.
A Stibnite Flask is another good alternate option.

Jewels

I allocate one jewel socket on my passive tree for this build. Some of the default quest jewels are pretty nice (such as Survival Skills and Warlord's Reach), but you might be interested in a jewel that is more tailored to this build. In this case, the most important mods (in order of importance) are Increased Maximum Life, Increased Physical Damage, Increased Area Damage, + to Strength, and Elemental Resistances.

Passive Tree
Spoiler

Passive Tree at level 85

Exilecraft Mirror

Order to Allocate Passives
- First, head left to get Warrior's Blood. Continue through Heart of the Warrior and Born to Fight.
- Next, grab Stamina, then get Barbarism and the mace damage nodes on the edge of the tree.
- Then head upwards into the Templar area and grab everything.
- After that, make a beeline for Constitution, the largest node in the Scion life rectangle. Also grab the jewel socket on the way (or come back for it).
- Ignore the rest of the life rectangle nodes for now, and head right some more into the Duelist area. Grab Master of the Arena, Mana Flows, Bravery, and Art of the Gladiator.
- Next grab everything below Master of the Arena except for Savagery
- Go back to grab the rest of the nodes on the Scion life rectangle, then the damage nodes leading up to the Duelist starting point, then Savagery. At some point be sure to grab the alternate starting node for the Marauder, as it's a very good phys damage node.
- If you plan on leveling past 85, just go for more nearby physical damage/armour nodes, or for more jewel sockets if you have the budget for good jewels.

Ascendancy
Moving on to the Ascendancy Tree (make sure to take Juggernaut), allocate these passives in this order:
1) Unflinching (+1 maximum Endurance Charge and chance to gain one on being hit)
2) Unrelenting (Increased damage, reduced damage taken, and when you would gain any number of Endurance Charges [Eventually that will be nine], you have a 25% chance to gain all nine charges. This is not quite as good as it was pre-2.4, when that chance was 100%, but it is still amazing. You just have to get into the habit of spamming Enduring Cry a little more often.)
3) Unyielding (Increased damage, life regen, and a generally buffed Fortify. This is when Fortify goes from great to amazing.)
4) Unbreakable (Double chest armour. This is pretty good but not essential, which is why it's last on the list. Also, you can't be stunned, which is pretty nice as well.)

If you're playing in a softcore league and you value speed over armour and stun immunity, you can take Unstoppable as your fourth Ascendancy point (more movement speed and immunity to slowing effects) instead of Unbreakable.

Leveling
Spoiler

- Refer to the section above about the Passive Tree for notes on what order to allocate passives while leveling.
- Always make sure you are using the highest level life flasks that you can at the time.
- As for skills, take Molten Strike as a quest reward for killing Hillock.
- Once you enter the Caverns of Wrath, take Sunder as a quest reward.
- Near this point you may want to consider using Clarity until you feel you don't need it anymore. Using the highest tier Mana Flask that you can at any given time will work too. You will eventually have to get rid of Clarity to use both Herald of Ash and Hatred.
- Set up Herald of Ash (mid Act 2 Normal) and Hatred (early Act 3 Normal) as soon as you can.
- After killing Gravicius in Act 3 Normal, take Earthquake as a quest reward. Try to keep Earthquake in a four-link from now on with Melee Physical Damage, Added Fire Damage, and Less Duration (a three-link will work fine, though, until you get your Marohi).
- You should be able to equip the ring Kaom's Way at the beginning of Act 4 Normal (or level 32).
- You should be able to equip Marohi Erqi at about mid Act 1 Merciless (or level 57).
- Also, upon entering Merciless, make sure to buy a good ring, amulet, and belt to greatly increase your resistances. You should be able to equip any of these by mid Act 1 Merciless at the very latest.
- You should be able to equip Devoto's Devotion at about early Act 4 Merciless (or level 67). Until then try to use a high level armour helmet.
- By level 69 you can equip all of the highest tier of armour items excluding map-only bases (body armour and boots at level 68, gloves at level 69), as well as Eternal Life Flasks (level 65).
- Buy a good Glorious Plate for your body armour (unless you're using The Brass Dome), Titan Greaves for your boots, and Titan Gauntlets for your gloves. Prioritize increased armour, life, and strength, as well as any resistances you need to cap them at 75%. Also make sure you have 30% movement speed on your boots.
- If you get to mapping level and you still need mana regen, make sure you equip gloves with an open prefix slot so that you can master craft (0.2 to 0.4)% of physical attack damage leeched as mana on to them. This should completely alleviate your mana regen woes until you can get the regenerate 2.0% of life and mana per second if you were hit recently enchantment on your boots.
- Make sure to 20% quality everything.
- Once you start mapping and getting into higher levels, look into getting some of the map-only base types. Bases that may benefit this build (depending on your specific needs, of course) include:
Blue Pearl Amulet (mana regen), Marble Amulet (life regen), Spiked Gloves (melee damage), Steel Ring (flat phys), Two-Toned Boots (dual res), and Vanguard Belt (armour + evasion). As always, prioritize increased armour, life, and strength, as well as any resistances you need to cap them at 75%.

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Oak (+40 to maximum life)
Cruel: Oak (16% increased physical damage)
Merciless: Oak (+1 to maximum Endurance Charges)

Order to Prioritize Spending
Spoiler

1. Kaom's Sign
2. Marohi Erqi (don't worry about links yet)
3. Good jewelry - ring, amulet, and belt
4. Decent end-game armour
5. Devoto's Devotion
6. Five-link your Marohi (via The Jeweler's Touch Prophecy)
7. Better end-game armour
8. Five-link your armour (via The Jeweler's Touch Prophecy)
9. Kaom's Way (or The King's Path Prophecy, whichever is cheaper at the time)
10. Rumi's Concontion (if you want to use that)
11. Good jewel
12. Death's Door and/or The Brass Dome, if you happen to be extremely lucky or in the top 1%

Endgame
Spoiler

Map Mods
What you cannot do:
- Physical Reflect
- No life/mana regen (you kind of rely on this - it's still possible but not a good idea)
What you can do:
- Elemental Reflect (just take off your auras)
- Reduced life/mana regen (it's annoying but very doable)
- Elemental Equilibrium (you do some elemental, but mostly physical, damage)
- Blood Magic (just take off your auras, your regen is enough. Note: Do not run a map with Blood Magic and reduced life regen)
- Pretty much anything else, just watch out for combinations of rippy mods!

Labyrinth/Bosses
This character is designed to excel in the Endgame Labyrinth. Of course, you still need to watch out for traps, but your regen combined with your flasks should keep you from dying in most cases.
Izaro will be very easy, especially after you reach level 80+ and get your final Ascendancy point.

By level 90, you should easily be able to tank fully buffed Uber Izaro.

As for other bosses, I imagine any bosses that deal mostly physical damage will be very easy for you, such as Izaro and Ambrius. Conversely, bosses that deal large amounts of elemental damage, such as The Infernal King and Uber Atziri, will be much tougher for you. Still, with capped resistances and the appropriate flasks they should be doable.
Do note that I have not tried fighting any endgame bosses other than Uber Izaro.

Notes
Spoiler

- Besides armour (and resists of course), your main form of defense is physical damage reduction. There is a ton of this throughout your build, mostly from Fortify, Immortal Call being occasionally triggered, and a whopping nine Endurance Charges.
- You stack a ton of regeneration, elemental resistance, physical damage, and extra damage reduction per Endurance Charge. Since every fourth time you use Enduring Cry you gain all nine charges, and every time you hit an enemy with Earthquake you gain Fortify, you should have these buffs basically at all times during combat.
- Make sure to use Blood Rage occasionally to gain Frenzy Charges for even more speed and damage.
- The Vengeance skill is an active skill that you can't use. Instead it triggers when you get hit, dealing a counter-attack and giving a chance to blind enemies.
- Upon taking damage, along with Immortal Call being triggered, the Punishment curse is triggered, granting you even more physical damage against those enemies. If you have a five-link, Molten Shell will also be triggered for even more defense.
Last edited by AronJerda on Nov 25, 2016, 5:35:06 AM
Last bumped on Nov 25, 2016, 5:36:02 AM
I would like to level a juggernaut for running Uber Lab, does this build perform well for that? Can I see what your defense and offense tab just to see what I need to aim for?
"
BigBun wrote:
I would like to level a juggernaut for running Uber Lab, does this build perform well for that? Can I see what your defense and offense tab just to see what I need to aim for?

I'll add screenshots later today. Off the top of my head I know my damage is around 38k with a Flame Golem, nine Endurance Charges, four Frenzy Charges and Fortify. 38k isn't godly but it's still enough for most bosses in the game.

This build should be able to run Uber Lab fine by around level 80. By 85, after I had my fourth Ascendancy Keystone, I was regularly killing fully buffed Uber Izaro.

Some other high level bosses such as The Infernal King and Uber Atziri may not be super viable due to their elemental damage, but I haven't attempted them yet.
Last edited by AronJerda on Jul 7, 2016, 11:27:27 AM
Redacted.

Didn't see this was from July.
Last edited by Cataract on Aug 25, 2016, 9:42:25 PM
I do plan on keeping the build up to date with current mechanics, if you ever have questions.
In doing
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAHuMxthYY_ONwAH3uT389IMGxha7jM_EWF2k9kjd1V8_wQQUIHlo7w6pblBHwBp34-RRbzsB3Gebl3mE2a4-CZZHfqmUxq45Dr02eHqHagthxPY8LQxfZU2pJ69scqmDX4PMHKe-p4TvaPKsqvcyidi3PlOlourawfAfWfPqGHzZaFj-ChLhLlN07aIAnz4aOHIP-Ot2rNeW8kXYvdNvBS0Esy3SkFWUb2aeu-3z3RRxz3464TWSeu_AZicvZlT60pHOaGXZfK2Nplf-jzwFFm-CB03j73wkquNq8kE26VHmtC8hNEE_d1M7O57F6wmUh9-yn98=

Some ideas:
- is conc better then add fire?
- because max charges is nerfed, whats point of imm call? U benefit from max charges (life regen + dmg reduction) and now its harder to get max, so whats point to loose them for couple seconds of imm call. So, Cast When Damage Taken , Molten Shell, Punishment , Increased Duration (all lvl 20)
- kaom heart? With this u can run cwdt lvl20, it triggers on 3.2k life and u can reach 8k and more with kaom .... thats more life regen.

helm leap - fa - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - stun (this will give end charges)
gloves cwdt - blood r - flame g - molten s
boots end cry - punishment - hatred - hoa (self cast punish, end cry on end izaro, 25% mana free, mana jewel or % leach on gloves will keep mana up)
"
NambrVan wrote:
In doing
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAHuMxthYY_ONwAH3uT389IMGxha7jM_EWF2k9kjd1V8_wQQUIHlo7w6pblBHwBp34-RRbzsB3Gebl3mE2a4-CZZHfqmUxq45Dr02eHqHagthxPY8LQxfZU2pJ69scqmDX4PMHKe-p4TvaPKsqvcyidi3PlOlourawfAfWfPqGHzZaFj-ChLhLlN07aIAnz4aOHIP-Ot2rNeW8kXYvdNvBS0Esy3SkFWUb2aeu-3z3RRxz3464TWSeu_AZicvZlT60pHOaGXZfK2Nplf-jzwFFm-CB03j73wkquNq8kE26VHmtC8hNEE_d1M7O57F6wmUh9-yn98=

Some ideas:
- because max charges is nerfed, whats point of imm call? U benefit from max charges (life regen + dmg reduction) and now its harder to get max, so whats point to loose them for couple seconds of imm call. So, Cast When Damage Taken , Molten Shell, Punishment , Increased Duration (all lvl 20)
- kaom heart? With this u can run cwdt lvl20, it triggers on 3.2k life and u can reach 8k and more with kaom .... thats more life regen.

helm leap - fa - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - stun (this will give end charges)
boots end cry - punishment - hatred - hoa (self cast punish, end cry on end izaro, 25% mana free, mana jewel or % leach on gloves will keep mana up)

You bring up some very good points, and I will do my best to address them.

- First, your skill tree is good, but it seems to prioritize life/armour over damage. This is perfectly fine, and you should go for it if you want. I also imagine it would be better for hardcore.

- Added Fire Damage gives you 44% of your physical damage added as extra fire damage, whereas Concentrated Effect gives you 59% more area damage (both at level 20). While Conc Effect has a bigger number, I grab a lot of nodes that scale physical damage (there are very few nodes that scale area damage, comparatively). So Added Fire should be better. Plus, you have a larger area of effect.

- I originally created this build in 2.3 and "updated" it for 2.4 before the patch notes were released. Now, it's my fault for jumping the gun, but even with the Juggernaut nerf, this is a very good setup. You just have to get into the habit of spamming Enduring Cry more often. Additionally, remember that Enduring Cry gives you charges based on how many monsters are nearby, which usually comes out to more than 1 charge per use (and you still get all charges 25% of the time).

- Also, you generally don't want CWDT and its linked gems at level 20, because the damage threshold is higher. Meaning, you have to take more damage in order for the supported skills to trigger, causing Immortal Call to trigger less often and you to take more damage before it does trigger, putting you further in danger.

- Kaom's Heart is a very good idea for those who can afford one, but that's not really what this build is about. Having no sockets on the chest requires me to reprioritize which skills are used in this build, which is mainly why I don't include it.

- Your gems setup also looks fine. It's not the one I use, and that's all down to preference. I would rather self-cast Enduring Cry and trigger Punishment with CWDT. As for mana, I regenerate it quickly enough, even in reduced regen maps. Your solution works fine, but requires me to change a fundamental aspect of the build.

In conclusion, you have some good ideas, but I feel that they don't really fit my build. Thanks for your input, though.
Last edited by AronJerda on Sep 1, 2016, 9:13:29 PM
"
Excalibur__ wrote:
"
NambrVan wrote:
In doing

Some ideas:

You bring up some very good points, and I will do my best to address them.

- First, your skill tree is good, but it seems to prioritize life/armour over damage. This is perfectly fine, and you should go for it if you want. I also imagine it would be better for hardcore.

- Added Fire Damage gives you 44% of your physical damage added as extra fire damage, whereas Concentrated Effect gives you 59% more area damage (both at level 20). While Conc Effect has a bigger number, I grab a lot of nodes that scale physical damage (there are very few nodes that scale area damage, comparatively). So Added Fire should be better. Plus, you have a larger area of effect.

- I originally created this build in 2.3 and "updated" it for 2.4 before the patch notes were released. Now, it's my fault for jumping the gun, but even with the Juggernaut nerf, this is a very good setup. You just have to get into the habit of spamming Enduring Cry more often. Additionally, remember that Enduring Cry gives you charges based on how many monsters are nearby, which usually comes out to more than 1 charge per use (and you still get all charges 25% of the time).

- Also, you generally don't want CWDT and its linked gems at level 20, because the damage threshold is higher. Meaning, you have to take more damage in order for the supported skills to trigger, causing Immortal Call to trigger less often and you to take more damage before it does trigger, putting you further in danger.

- Kaom's Heart is a very good idea for those who can afford one, but that's not really what this build is about. Having no sockets on the chest requires me to reprioritize which skills are used in this build, which is mainly why I don't include it.

- Your gems setup also looks fine. It's not the one I use, and that's all down to preference. I would rather self-cast Enduring Cry and trigger Punishment with CWDT. As for mana, I regenerate it quickly enough, even in reduced regen maps. Your solution works fine, but requires me to change a fundamental aspect of the build.

In conclusion, you have some good ideas, but I feel that they don't really fit my build. Thanks for your input, though.

Added Fire Damage is additive, Concentrated Effect is multiplicative.. it's going to blow away Added Fire, yes?
111 int for conc 20, add fire is easier ...
can i use 2 kaom rings? i think i will have enough res with enduring cry

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info