[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
Gestrell wrote:
I used this build for a basis to mine, I hit 91 today and let me tell you, it's solid. Do ubers easy, the leech is great, defenses on point, movement very good granted I have a pimped lw setup.

I've had no problem so far, although in early levels it is difficult to stick with. It was worth it though.

Glad to hear your experience is going well :)
Sorry this might be a nob question but how did you have such resist?

Can u have a breakdown of each resistance sources u have? (like how much on auras after effective nodes, gearing)

Thanks
Actually, now that i don't need the enlightens anymore I'm using an empower on my helmet instead putting my resistances up to 83%. the only change i had to make was run a low level clarity instead of a max 21.20 clarity because of the mana multi on empower, this also gave me a slot to put vaal discipline into my gloves since i don't need the enlighten anymore, granted i veered from his tree, but credit is his for guiding me in the right direction.
@greendragon
Its actually just really easy. The purity auras each gives +4% max res for their own type and this build just runs them all which is not very common for builds. With all the aura effectiveness from tree and guardian it gets boosted to +6% max res. No gear or anything else fancy needed

@Gestrell ah yes I used to empower the auras back when the build was a witch and scion. The Templar went back and forth using it but it really depends on your mana total and clarity level so I wanted to keep it simple. Juggling what is where and using enlightens or not changes as your mana total increases as the best situation is always to reserve as much as possible while keeping 120ish free to cast the storm. Extra levels on the purities is pretty much overkill at that point but is really good on discipline

Out of curiosity how is your tree differ? Getting the extra 4% mana reservation nodes?
"
Gestrell wrote:
Actually, now that i don't need the enlightens anymore I'm using an empower on my helmet instead putting my resistances up to 83%. the only change i had to make was run a low level clarity instead of a max 21.20 clarity because of the mana multi on empower, this also gave me a slot to put vaal discipline into my gloves since i don't need the enlighten anymore, granted i veered from his tree, but credit is his for guiding me in the right direction.

Are you running UBR Atziri and can you give any info on how safely you can do it? As in, is it hardcore viable to "farm" uber atziri with this build?

Obviously ubr atziri will always have its risks, but would you say it's a 50/50 chance of not dying or could you do 50 runs without dying (lag or computer issues aside?) granted you know all the mechanics and play it decently (not saying perfectly because then in theory any build is safe).
There's no doubt his build can do Uber Atziri.

A few things bug me about the build, (its probably that I have a different mentality for theorycrafting), but the end results are clear, he has 9k+ ES and more damage than a CI variant, as well as has the defensive benefits of the Guardian.

Even cost wise, Shavronne's doesn't need to be 6L and the rest of the gear is cheap.

"
Bloodmatter wrote:
There's no doubt his build can do Uber Atziri.

Not trying to be a smartass, but that wasn't my question at all. There are many builds that can do Uber Atziri, but the risks of dying vary immensely between the builds, and I would like to get some firsthand information if possible. There are videos of the elementalist/witch version of this build doing ubr atziri, but it's hardly HC viable from my perspective.
The only builds that can guarantee Uber in HC are builds that abuse curses, especially temporal chains, builds such as Bladefall Mines and Essence Drain. That is because they're built specifically to nullify boss mechanics.

Excluding those builds, I would rate this build on the safer side. The Alluring Abyss is a skill based map, so if played properly, this build should be able to clear the map with ease, I would expect a death every 1 in 10 runs, specifically from a Crit Spear followed by unlucky lightning storm placement in the Split Phase.

However, I think that this build can also abuse curses, if you really want guaranteed Uber Kills on HC, I would definitely consider using 2+ curses, making the fights trivial.

I've been giving it some thought and I really want to try a hybrid Whispering Ice totem build with the Heirophant and use your build as a framework.

I'm thinking that I can just swap the Life Leech gem for Spell Totem and the Spell Echo gem for Concentrated Effect; and use the points that would have gone towards getting the life-leech related nodes and Unwavering Stance towards Totemic Mastery and Shaman's Dominion since I don't need to be so worried about getting stunned.

In addition, with the mana reduction from Sanctuary of Thought I could likely get away with not using Clarity and since I wouldn't be going low-life I could use the Beast Fur Shawl instead of Shavronne's Wrappings, (saving 6 exalted orbs or so) about and rely on MoM and Divine Guidance to help mitigate chaos damage.

Passive Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAE8E-d03RysmaFprrAOaBFFFR3UqOha1BDLRwGZxYoaC5CLr7ilP1aZ8g4UypwjsOBEt2CSCm4V7LJw2xVZIZlQQWIPzHwKUb6-bRKEEB3IPrhLr5EyzWfNmnl8q0B-XlRo4rKr60u_rUlOQVXKpFy89X5f0xPaJ2GTnJLBtGcauaFhV1oCkIvQ8LRDM15ZsC4Nfg8wrtpMntz6MRr6Kf8ZBh_iToS_K0xGWwcX56LQMDkjsGBg8RnGiLl3ycLu9J-GIgwlQQtkTGFYdqm-esZCMNi9v_knKSi2oX7C-gJu1wzqExRmKlwb7CcSi9trfmBqPYlo=

Does that seem plausible?
It just now occurs to me that I'd be reserving most of my mana with the elemental auras so it might not be.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Is this possible on a budget version, i.e. with Solaris Lorica and without the Enlighten gems?

I'd love to do this as a starter, once the new leagues start.
IGN: ArrowInYourForsakenKnee

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info