[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
m00n92 wrote:
Any chance for video soon? with update i would like to reset my Templar and maybe give it a try ?
Well all builds for templars seems meh for me but this one rly got my attention :)

My PC haates being recorded so I only took a really short video clearing until I found the boss but people really want videos so here is one and I'll try and make some more later

Tier 12 Arsenal map. Mobs have GMP and haste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHvHxjneUGo

"
youpine wrote:
Hey, big fan :) Got to 90 with your build in previous league, first time I had such success with a character! So I'm very eager to go at the templar version for new league
I know you've explained the skill tree progression but I would love it very very much if you'd find some time and make skill tree progression links
There's just this pleasure in following the path and makes leveling seem a lot less frustrating when you complete a skill tree tier and move to the next one, if that makes any sense
either way keep up the great work and thank you for all your efforts so far :)

also hey why do we need block chance, for the stun thing?

I'm glad that you enjoyed my last character so much :)

I'm iffy on how well this character will do in a new league as it really wants its unique gear but I hope it works out for you.

I'll look into making tree links for the build after work today

The Bastion of Hope gives you a chance for stun immunity until you get unwavering stance for the more reliable "immune all the time" as that doesn't happen until late in the build. Then its left because 5% block chance is still decent enough to have and no better option to make it worth changing it
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
youpine wrote:
Hey, big fan :) Got to 90 with your build in previous league, first time I had such success with a character! So I'm very eager to go at the templar version for new league
I know you've explained the skill tree progression but I would love it very very much if you'd find some time and make skill tree progression links
There's just this pleasure in following the path and makes leveling seem a lot less frustrating when you complete a skill tree tier and move to the next one, if that makes any sense
either way keep up the great work and thank you for all your efforts so far :)

also hey why do we need block chance, for the stun thing?

I'm glad that you enjoyed my last character so much :)

I'm iffy on how well this character will do in a new league as it really wants its unique gear but I hope it works out for you.

I'll look into making tree links for the build after work today

The Bastion of Hope gives you a chance for stun immunity until you get unwavering stance for the more reliable "immune all the time" as that doesn't happen until late in the build. Then its left because 5% block chance is still decent enough to have and no better option to make it worth changing it

I know how it is with uniques :) Started with none, farmed up currency with character and bought them all eventually, really felt nice progressing in power and noticing how each item affects so much
Even got my very first shavs! All the maps in the endgame felt like a breeze, everything died so quickly and I got all the 3 challenge rewards from league using your build from scratch - so it can be done
-seal of approval-
thanks for the quick reply, looking forward to going at it in about 11 hours from now
the trees would be so great, thank you man ^^
I see, haste is good to speed up farming maps.
Same reason i added Alchemy nod, gives extra mov speed from onslaught and quicksilver

Ill start it as flame totem, grab spell dmg/elementals on the templar area, grab the elemental triangle, then start to run to witch/shadow and get CI. as soon as i get whispering i make a massive regret changes to grab vaal pact/es leech and fix the start of the tree.

I have to study today for geotechnics for saturday T_T so ill play more on weekend FeelsBadMan
Why is Shavs neeeded, when we go CI in skilltree?

Sorry for noob question
"
Espenhein wrote:
Why is Shavs neeeded, when we go CI in skilltree?

Sorry for noob question

The tree in this build doesn't get CI. Its a lowlife build.

If you are thinking about the comment above they are thinking about using CI to level and change later when they have gear
Do you think that this build can be playable with totems, with like quad or triple totems maybe ?
"
ozmet1231 wrote:
Do you think that this build can be playable with totems, with like quad or triple totems maybe ?

For that many totems you'd be going Hierophant instead of guardian.

Pros
- Slightly higher ES pool
- Can drop many totems as you go
- Can save the points spent on Vaal pact and Ghost Reaver

Cons
- lower aura effectiveness means needs you need to spend more points on resistances in the tree
- Lose all the guardians physical mitigation and armour. Physical now dangerous
- Can no longer leech. Would probably need to get more Es recharge rate from the tree

I only made it to around level 40 trying out totems before giving up on them so maybe it could work. I don't particularly like totems, they take a while to place and then to actually start casting and you can't leech with them which just makes everything more dangerous for an ES build that cannot use health flasks.
Anyone played the Elementalist and Guardian versions? I really can't decide which way to go. They both seem to have upsides/downsides comparatively and curious if anyone has a preference. Thanks.
IGN: Valisirin
nvm
Last edited by Zatlan on Feb 1, 2017, 6:52:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info