Untrusting of third party websites

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/166290

This seems to be a very large problem of account security. A lot of people, now myself included, are losing all of their currency items and sometimes even other things such as maps or random items or gems.

I'm trying to figure out how this could be happening, but the only thing I can think of that I possibly could have done to get hacked is possibly tied to the --link removed-- currency website and the poe.xyz.is trade forum search website. These site owners clearly could have something to gain out of this, and could possibly be malicious sites. Other than that, I can confirm there is no breach of security on my end that a hacker could use, so unless GGG has a problem in account security or their servers, these websites are the only answer.

I'm not saying for sure that they are malicious websites, but I'm just giving a warning that people should probably be careful. This currency theft problem seems to be growing very quickly...
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
Last edited by ionface on May 21, 2013, 3:12:16 AM
did you, personally, use the same credentials on those 2 sites that you use on this site?

if so, then while i doubt it, it is certainly a possibility.

if not, then there is no way it could be those (2) sites.
Things with "increased" and "decreased" in the tooltip are additive ... where as "More" or "Less" are multiplicative ...
On the internet, never re-use credentials for anything.
Every site gets its own password, and each password should be dissimilar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info