[2.3]Bezerks Tanky Blade Vortex 7.7k life 60k tooltip Atzir/Uber Izaro ez mode

Hello everyone! This is a build guide for the boss killing machine know as Marauder Blade Vortex! A blade vortex marauder you might ask?! Ascendancies are crazy, let's just say that. Here are a few other builds i've done that you can try out as well.

CoC Lacerate
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1682033

Crit EQ
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1664621

Concept:
My friend and I wanted to make a life based BV character that could have lots of sustain through leech, high life pool, and good damage. Basically we wanted to create a sudo life version of Blast_Capp's Low Life BV that would cost a lot less. We stack a lot of strength on passive tree and gear so that our Iron Will does A LOT for us!

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

+ Facetank just about anything
+ Run all map mods (except no regen + no leech maps... but let's be honest who can combo that)
+ Reflect Proof
+ Carry people through all labs (great source of income)
+ Good clearspeed (not great)
+ Relatively cheap to start and scales well with currency

- Lab traps can suck since we are VP
- Movement/clear speed lacks a bit (but we are focused on facetanking end game content
- Dexterity while leveling is hard to come by

Passive Tree - Bandits
Spoiler

lvl 90
www.poeurl.com/HLv

Oak-Oak-Kill
Life-Phys Damage-Passive

Gear
Spoiler

Core to the build! This weapon gives us a lvl 30 spell echo (making it a 7link) 155% spell damage and 100% increased mana (which makes our Mind Over Matter much stronger). Super cheap to buy a 5L (20c or less).

Lots of flat life, armor, and it gives us increased fire damage. I used a 1 socket Belly of the Beast (like 5c) until i could afford the Kaoms.

Good rare with strength, life, armor, chaos resist, and any else you might need.

Good rare with Dex, life, and resists

Good rare with strength, life, resists, armor, and movement speed

Both rings need life, resists, and mana regen/flat mana. One ring needs to be an unset ring, and one ring needs to have 30+ dex on it.

Rare with a lot of strength, life, spell damage, and some resists (depends on what you need)

Rustic Sash with life, armor, strength, and resists

Prismatic swords are great for weapon swap because they give us Whirling Blades with a lot of movement speed. Remember that any blades you have up will do no damage when you weapon swap.

Skill Gems
Spoiler

I have yet to 20/20 all my gems so there is room for improvement on the build

Weapon - BV, Added Fire, Controlled Destruction, Faster Casting, Inc Aoe/Conc Effect, Iron Will
For a 5l drop Iron Will

Helm - Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, Fortify, Molten Shell

Gloves - Clarity, Hatred, Decoy totem (can be swapped with something else), Vaal Haste

Boots - CWDT, IC, Warlord's Mark, Inc Duration

Unset Ring - Summon lighting golem

Flasks
Spoiler

Core flasks are Atziri and Taste of Hate. Both of which you could do without, but they help a lot with sustain and damage. I use a granite flask with movement speed rather than a quicksilver, but this is up for debate.

Jewels
Spoiler

Life, Spell Damage, Spell Damage with a Staff, Cast speed

Stats - coming soon

Videos

Anyhow, hope you enjoy!
Last edited by neodjr on Jul 3, 2016, 11:57:22 PM
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 5:37:54 PM
Is there another cheap weapon i can use while i get the currency required to get the pledge of hands or should i just use a random 6 link?
one of these should work:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Amplification_Rod
Nice build, I might try this. Why not take Pain Attunement for (30% dmg when on low life) for one more point? Anything that drops you to 35% hp will surely include some type of savage hit, so you get 50% more dmg from Cloaked in Savagery and then another +30% from Pain Attunement. It seems to synergize nicely with the crazy life leech you're guaranteed to have when Pain Attunement procs.

Anyhow, how do you expect this build will perform vs the new atlas bosses?
hi,

interesting build

i might try it in the new league

any hints on the leveling phase ? (as you can't use the pledge until level 68+, and probably won't have a 6L either, but a cheap 5L torso until then)

thanks !
In what order do you take your ascendancy points?
dead thread already ?
i'm trying your build in Essence and enjoying it atm :) thanks a lot for it
even if BV was nerfed (50 to 20 stacks) it still works OK

currently level 85, my stuff is quite bad, except i was lucky 6Linking the staff, and getting a kaom (i'll change my neck/rings soon)

about 6.5k life, all res capped.
gems level 19 (no quality), about 26k DPS in hideout written on the icon.
can't wait to be level 90+ to get additional jewels and gems level 20

can do pretty much all maps, merciless lab is a joke.

only thing, i tried atziri, trash mobs are a joke, duo vaal is a joke, and died hard on the 3-bosses, just on the last one, Y'ara'az.
he is just.. 1 shotting me. can't hit him, 1 shot, RIP.
maybe because its the remaining one and i have to strike him first ?

other than that, didn't try any T10+ maps yet, but before that it's easy everywhere

nice build

here is my bad stuff

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAPuBAcEswj0D6sRLRQgFr8YPBhWGjgaPhzcHb4fAiGQIvQkNySLJpUnLyj6KS4qOCycMtEzhzWSNsU62DwFPV89_D8nQYdFR0WdSshMs1BCUlNTNVNSVUtVxlZIVw1YY1ltWfNfP1-YX9Bh4mpDbAttGW6qcql2rHyDfLiCB4KbgseD24P3hTKFe4w2jM-PGpBVkyeXlZf0mjua4J_fogCsqq2NtfK3PriTvSe_CMBUwGbDOsbYzzLPftIh1abYJNi92WHqEOoY6-7sOO087w7vfPGs8kH2SPcy-F_56P4K
Last edited by frenchlion on Sep 13, 2016, 12:13:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info