[2.2][BES/AS] 550K DPS Crit Earthquake / Vaal Ground Slam

Hello everyone! This is my first build guide so sorry if it's a little rough around the edges.

This is a guide for a super high DPS Crit EQ build. I had a ton of fun making the build and theory crafting how to get all of the parts to work. I made this build in the 2week Perandus event so it can be done easily in a full temp league.

Design idea
Spoiler
I wanted to make a crit eq build that would demolish end game content and bosses (including atziri) that would be fun to play and not be a traditional Marauder Karui build. I realized that Abyssus was the only way to get amazing dps, but the increased physical damage taken + reflect would make this a challenge so I finally figured out the sweet spot in mitigating that

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

+ Insane DPS
+ One Shot pretty much everything
+ Good Map clear - Vaal groundlsam helps with this
+ Works well in parties
+ No legacy gear required so good for temp leagues

- Reflect can be an issue if not careful
- Vulnerability maps suck
- Not insane clear speed - such as ST or CoC
- Accuracy is needed since we are crit

Required Items

Spoiler

This staff is core for this build. It offers a great phys damage amount, good crit chance, and the ability to gain power charges on knock back (which syncs perfectly with the Blunt Trauma passive node). Focus on getting as high of a phys dmg roll and critical strike chance roll as possible, lower the attack speed the better imo, but this is secondary.

Bring on the DPS! This helm offers insane DPS! It gives a large amount of flat phys as well as great melee crit multi! It does have the drawback of increasing the amount of physical damage you take from mobs as well as reflect, but we can help mitigate that. It also gives us some much desired all stats. When buying this helm look for the lowest increased damage taken roll with the highest crit multi roll you can afford. I would try to get 40-41% only, and sacrifice the crit multi if you need to. The Armour roll doesn't matter much.

This is the last core item to this build. Main reason we get this is mitigate a large amount of the increased physical damage taken because of the Abyssus. The -60% lightning res is brutal, but we can fix that with res on other gear + Purity of Lightning. Absolutely core to this build if you run abyssus... otherwise reflect will insta kill you.

Current Gear - rings, amulet, belt, and gloves could definitely be improved
Spoiler

Passive Tree
Spoiler
Current - lvl 87
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAwQDlgSzBbUPqxBiES8TcRa_Gjgc3CSLJP0mlScvKgsqOCsKMZ4y0TWSNdY2PTfUOtg64TsoPAU8LT0-QXJFCkVHRY5N41FHWK5Z813yXqVfsGBDYeJirGZUbIxuPW-ecFJyqXX9dqx3B4KbgwmDX4PMhFOEb4TFhXuHE42_jxqPRpBVkn2Yb5o7m7WcpJ2qn9-iAKYyplenCKhyrKqtjbFbtMW1SLc-vJq-gL68wGbC7MM6xPbGrslnykrPftQj1ELYvdwj5c_nVOoY62Pr7uw47T_tRO987_3yRfTG9zL7i_4K_o__3g==

Ideal - lvl 100 - picking up more life/jewels/crit chance

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAwQDlgSzBbUPqxBiES8TcRa_Gjgc3CP2JIsk_SaVJy8qCyo4KwowfDGeMtE1kjXWNj031DrYOuE7KDwFPC09PkFyRQpFR0WOTZJN41FHVUtYrlnzXfJepV-wYENh4mKsZlRoZWyMbj1vnnBScql1_Xasdwd7w4KbguSDCYNfg8yEU4RvhMWFe4cTjDaNfY2_jxqPRpARkFWSfZhvmjubtZyknaqf36IApjKmV6cIqHKsqq2NsVu0xbVItz68mr6AvrzAZsLswzrE9sauyWfKSs9-1CPUQti93CPlz-dU6hjrY-vu7DjtP-1E73zv_fAf8kXz3fTG9zL46_uL_gr-j__e

Jewels
Focus on Two Handed Crit Multi/Damage, Physical damage, Melee damage, Life, Crit Chance (if needed)
A Chill of Corruption is nice to have when mapping so that Vaal Ground Slam is up almost all the time
Spoiler

Gem/Links
Spoiler

Staff - Vaal Ground Slam, multistrike, inc aoe, melee phys, added fire - 6th socket is vaal lightning trap

Chest - EQ, Inc/conc Aoe, Less Duration, Melee Phys, Weapon Ele Dmg, Added Fire

Helm - CWDT, IC, Warlord's mark, Inc Duration

Boots - Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, Fortify, Ice Golem

Gloves - Rallying Cry, Purity of Lightning, Hatred

Stats
Spoiler

Defenses

HO - Inc Aoe - auras and golem

HO - Inc Aoe - auras, golem, flasks

HO - Conc - Auras, golem

HO - Conc - Auras, golem, flasks

Inc AOE - Full charges and flasks

Conc - Full charges and flasks

Conc - Full charges, flasks, and rallying cry (decent amount of enemies) if you had the 77% more damage to the aftershock you get roughly 550k dps

Video
Spoiler

Final thoughts.... Had a great time working on this build, atziri is doable for sure, just need to dodge her flameblasts and use a ruby flask. Trio and vaals are eazy mode. Hope you enough playing this build as much as I did!
Last edited by neodjr on May 23, 2016, 4:26:10 PM
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2016, 3:23:34 AM
Hey man!

Nice build, i play the same but i use the marauder start too!
Hello,

thanks for making me aware of the weapon !
I had a ice crash assassin with the helm and the coil, and some scion with dual varunastra for EQ.

This is the synergy. its walking alot slower, but wastes them all.
changed some, used even 2 intuitive leaps, waste them all. guess i need more life tho
i took slayer , and if i had found the marauder classes more suitable, i would have probably started at this point also
Borgfish i think the maurader is probably now a stronger choice for this build now, but in 2.2 the scion assassin/beserker was just so op op! The increased base crit chance plus the more damage and leech was great.. this build got nerfed pretty hard in 2.3 with the changes to scion leech... I think a true beserker could be the best pick now.
"
ocotvre wrote:
Hey man!

Nice build, i play the same but i use the marauder start too!

Yeah, the marauder is now the best pick for this build. RIP scion leech

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info