7L Blade Flurry - Ashrend, Gull & Flow Untethered - No Unrealistic Buffs/Abyssus -3mil DMG vs Shaper

"
Aalhamas wrote:
"
Lawyne wrote:
nice build dude, but are you sure Path of Building is counting correctly?

Blade Flurry only works with 1h swords, daggers and claws, so from Death's Hand you "only" get Unholy Might, free power charges from trash mobs and crit/aps from the dual wield nodes coz it is a 1h Mace.
the dual wield nodes count with any 1h offhand and Unholy Might u can get from Sin's Rebirth.
Doing this and having all those things up with charges to have the same config, I think PoB is messing up Blade Flurry with Death's Hand coz it is almost doubling your dps to Shaper (not shocked ofc) what shouldnt be possible

That's incorrect. Anyhow, if you have equipped two one handed weapons, it's consider dual wielding already. So to say, the bonus from dual wield applies even with the already amazing Death's Hand. Assuming I will not use Death's Hand and obtain the Unholy Might from Sin's Rebirth instead, which flask shall I replace with and what's better off-hand weapon to substitute Death's Hand?

In my own personal testing, I found that there is no better stick than Death's Hand for my Life Based Blade Flurry build.

Edit: This is also the reason why going "real" dual wielding is never a good choice. The game provides greater benefits by holding a "stat stick" while using one solid weapon. It allows you to get the dual wield bonus regardless.

i know that u already get the dw buff with Death's hand, but equiping any other 1h would cause this.
so what part of death's hand is coming over 1/3 of ur damage from? from flat phys? no it is local, from crit chance and attack speed? also local, beside the general dw buffs for asp and dw crit from the tree. so it can be only unholy might, so PoB must do smth wrong in this case.

the tooltip ingame is working differently, also the attacks per second.

dual wielding should be the best dps with 2 of ur dagger + sins rebirth, also the leech and everything. (not comparing costs ofc)
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne) [inactive]
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF
"
Lawyne wrote:
i know that u already get the dw buff with Death's hand, but equiping any other 1h would cause this.
so what part of death's hand is coming over 1/3 of ur damage from? from flat phys? no it is local, from crit chance and attack speed? also local, beside the general dw buffs for asp and dw crit from the tree. so it can be only unholy might, so PoB must do smth wrong in this case.

the tooltip ingame is working differently, also the attacks per second.

dual wielding should be the best dps with 2 of ur dagger + sins rebirth, also the leech and everything. (not comparing costs ofc)

Lets just put it this way, Unholy Might comes conveniently with Death's Hand and I don't have to sacrifice a flask slot which already limited in the first place for Sin's Rebirth. There is simply no better alternatives for Death's Hand for my build.

Dual wielding two Mirrored Dagger won't increase my build DPS at all due to below scenario.
1) If I use two Honour Etcher (mirrored dagger), then I have to replace the lost of Unholy Might with Sin's rebirth in my flask slot

2) Regardless which flasks I replace for Sin's Rebirth while having two Honour Etcher, I have lower DPS than yielding Honour Etcher + Death's Hand + 5 other flasks.

3) What if dual wielding two honour etcher without replacing my flask? Meaning no Unholy Might buff. Yep, DPS is lower again.

4) I don't use in game tooltip to provide you the answer at above, I used Path of Building.
Refer to Images below. You might want to try my build with the Path of Building codes and adjust it for your own testing. It's better that way.

Dual Wield Honour Etcher + Sin's Rebirth flask (replacing any flask will get an average of lower DPS like in the image below.)
Spoiler

Honour Etcher + Death's Hand + My Other (current) Flask Setup
Spoiler

Last edited by Aalhamas on May 31, 2017, 1:48:35 PM
config shaper boss, replace vinktars with sins rebirth :)

uncheck shocked boss tho, coz immun

but dont get me wrong, I really like ur build, just want to understand how death's hand is applying so much dps on PoB
Last edited by Lawyne on May 31, 2017, 6:13:10 PM
"
Lawyne wrote:
config shaper boss, replace vinktars with sins rebirth :)

uncheck shocked boss tho, coz immun

but dont get me wrong, I really like ur build, just want to understand how death's hand is applying so much dps on PoB

Actually Shaper or normal boss, it doesn't matter. In this scenario, I took normal boss to showcase you the differences in major numbers.
If you insist, let's say my build doesn't use Vinktar Flask at all and against shaper, regardless which flask I replace with Sin's Rebirth, it will still give me a lower dps while dual wield two mirrored dagger.

I'm actually enjoying the tweaking of Path of Building to highlight you this since I never look into the details before. I should thank you, actually.

Death's hand as a stat stick giving extra 30% physical dmg as chaos dmg is really huge without occupying a flask slot and won't lose the dual wield bonus. But of course, for ES or CI build, the off hand will be a shield anyway. So, it's only BiS for life build.
Last edited by Aalhamas on Jun 1, 2017, 1:03:49 AM
That is not entirely correct. In PoB you can take ANY 1h mace as stat stick and you get exactly the SAME dps like with Death's Hand as long as you have Unholy Might activated in the configuration.

When you set the config to Shaper, who is immun vs shock, and you replace Vinktar's with Sin's Rebirth to get UM and slot Honour Etcher to your offhand, you do slightly MORE damage to Shaper than with Death's Hand. But that is only vs shock immun monsters, so useless to build around that. I'm too lazy to upload the screenshots now because it is nothing that would be worth to change your build for, it is already minmaxed very properly and I never doubted that.

Fact is, you are right, using Death's Hand is the smartest offhand atm for any skill that doesnt attack with 2 weapons. And that is only because it gives free Unholy Might, while being able to use Vinktar's for shocking everything. That's the functionality I was so interested in.

And that is because, using a skill that is not "made for dual wielding" does not use both weapons simultaneously like when using for example Dual Strike. So Blade Flurry uses both weapons rotational what means that any weapon slotted in the offhand that has weaker LOCAL stats is pulling down the overall dps because each second hit is a weaker one. That means that using 2 Honour Etchers + Sin's Rebirth on Shaper does only profit from its GLOBAL boni like Crit Multiplier and its Implicit Crit Chance.

That also explains why using 2 Scourge Claws or Howa Claws is more dps than only one of them and a stat stick - because, and ONLY because of their (overpowered) GLOBAL boni. Nevertheless there might be a break-even-point sometimes.

That is what I wanted to know and also share to others, because I thought PoB is counting wrong.
Thanks for your participation and help to enlight me.

Last edited by Lawyne on Jun 1, 2017, 1:02:29 PM
Have you considered taking the Nullification node in the shadow area instead of a basic 5% or 4% life node? Might help with overcapping res's.

Loving this build btw.
"
Lawyne wrote:
That is not entirely correct. In PoB you can take ANY 1h mace as stat stick and you get exactly the SAME dps like with Death's Hand as long as you have Unholy Might activated in the configuration.

When you set the config to Shaper, who is immun vs shock, and you replace Vinktar's with Sin's Rebirth to get UM and slot Honour Etcher to your offhand, you do slightly MORE damage to Shaper than with Death's Hand. But that is only vs shock immun monsters, so useless to build around that. I'm too lazy to upload the screenshots now because it is nothing that would be worth to change your build for, it is already minmaxed very properly and I never doubted that.

Fact is, you are right, using Death's Hand is the smartest offhand atm for any skill that doesnt attack with 2 weapons. And that is only because it gives free Unholy Might, while being able to use Vinktar's for shocking everything. That's the functionality I was so interested in.

And that is because, using a skill that is not "made for dual wielding" does not use both weapons simultaneously like when using for example Dual Strike. So Blade Flurry uses both weapons rotational what means that any weapon slotted in the offhand that has weaker LOCAL stats is pulling down the overall dps because each second hit is a weaker one. That means that using 2 Honour Etchers + Sin's Rebirth on Shaper does only profit from its GLOBAL boni like Crit Multiplier and its Implicit Crit Chance.

That also explains why using 2 Scourge Claws or Howa Claws is more dps than only one of them and a stat stick - because, and ONLY because of their (overpowered) GLOBAL boni. Nevertheless there might be a break-even-point sometimes.

That is what I wanted to know and also share to others, because I thought PoB is counting wrong.
Thanks for your participation and help to enlight me.

Hi there. I found out it's my mistake configuring the Path of Building. It's not the application fault.

I retested and simulate the DPS against Shaper which is of course immune to shock and below are the results.

Against Shaper. Honour Etcher + Death's Hand + Atziri's Promise + Diamond Flask + Sulphur Flask + Taste of Hate + Lion's Roar = 2.08mil DPS
Spoiler

Against Shaper. Honour Etcher + Honour Etcher + Atziri's Promise + Diamond Flask + Sin's Rebirth + Taste of Hate + Lion's Roar = 2.12mil DPS
Spoiler

As a conclusion, the second setup is ideal for killing Shaper and Guardians alike. There is no DPS loss if we dual wield equal DPS weapon and instead it will boost the DPS given the conditions that the second weapon has Global effect such as Global Critical Strike Multiplier or Global Critical Strike Chance. Else, dual wield two weapons will provide no benefits if there is no global effect.

In a matter of fact, I gained 40k DPS by getting the second setup.
It's really nice to know, thank you so much.
"
DelphaeRs wrote:
Have you considered taking the Nullification node in the shadow area instead of a basic 5% or 4% life node? Might help with overcapping res's.

Loving this build btw.

Jesus, thank you so much brother! It's totally my oversight on that node. I always remember it has elemental resistance only and not Max Life %.

It definitely helps against map with elemental weakness or alikes.
in case of of no ele weakness maps or boss farming I recommend

"
Lawyne wrote:
in case of of no ele weakness maps or boss farming I recommend

Likewise but rarely ;D

I generally don't use it even if the map is T15 or lower since everything just die in one hit. The only content worth doing and exciting enough is Uber Atziri, T16 Twinned Vaal Temple, Guardians and Shaper which would need me to cap my resistance anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info