It's a labyrinth, not a dungeon...

Nowhere in the definition of labyrinth is there anything about traps or hazards. It was a complete failure to pull that out of the air and add traps into a labyrinth and it's completely unnecessary.

Traps, as they are, are the reason people hate the lab. Traps are the thing that don't belong in this game. Traps are what isn't balanced.

- Traps like this don't belong in an ARPG style game. You should remove them to a Zana mod if a few people truly do like it, not part of the core game and especially not put core character development behind it.
- Traps for some build are completely laughable and can simply be ran through. Other builds, they are just completely unforgivable. This is content that every build has to go through, so it really sours the game for everyone that doesn't have the 'right' build for lab.
- Traps are just boring as hell. They aren't fun, they only feel dangerous because of shitty servers and lag. There's no sense of accomplishment of actually getting through traps or rewards from the traps.
- People spend time crafting their build and play style for the game, not for a single freak side show area. To completely negate and take that away from someone defeats the reward of making your character a certain way. I'm talking about the ignoring everything, traps do X damage. You built your guy to withstand phys damage? Well, forget that, you take massive phys damage from this twirling log! It completely ignores the players decisions in the game and just removes emersion from the game. 'I can laugh at all of the phys damage bosses, but die to a measly cute wittle saw blade.' (wtf)

If you just can't get away from traps, remove them from being frogger. I could understand having in rooms where if you stand over a noticeable area you will trigger spikes. Or maybe that the floor will turn to fire if you don't destroy something in time, or have to find your way to what ever is causing the lava on the floor. But to just stand there and wait for jack shit just 'cause', is idiocy. :/ Or have an item sitting in the room that if it gets destroyed due to your carelessness it will hurl the log with spikes through the room. Traps should be two way engaging, not just test your waiting ability. Lag and server crashes won't trigger it, it becomes a penalty of your actions, or lack thereof. Just come on, frogger in this game is really such a poor choice of trap style. After all, the keyword here is labyrinth, not torture dungeon.

If traps were removed/reworked, I'd actually play and really enjoy the lab.

Spoiler
It was hard typing those last three words together.
Last bumped on Jul 5, 2016, 8:03:49 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Siochan wrote:
Traps, as they are, are the reason people hate the lab.
Tell that to all the people complaining about izaro being too hard for their build.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I like the traps except for when rubber banding and other technical issues cause me to die to them.
I had the funny thought if it wasn't for Izaro you could "succeed" with a char without any offensive skill just movement speed and life regeneration...

...in an ARPG...

that's just so much lol XD
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
"
I had the funny thought if it wasn't for Izaro you could "succeed" with a char without any offensive skill just movement speed and life regeneration...

...in an ARPG...

that's just so much lol XD

I like just about every component of the lab... separately. But put them all together and it's just horribly frustrating. There is no fun in it, and it simply exists to force players into choosing builds that trivialize it all. Some mechanics don't compliment each other very well. Some ideas work against the very game they are put in.
Last edited by Redfeather_1975 on Jul 3, 2016, 1:44:20 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:
Traps, as they are, are the reason people hate the lab.
Tell that to all the people complaining about izaro being too hard for their build.

At least Izaro fits in an ARPG. At least Izaro fits in a labyrinth. At least Izaro makes sense. Frogger traps do none of those.
This again... The fact that you're posting these labyrinth hate comments again and again for like 2 months at least just shows that expressing your opinion isn't enough for you, you're intentionally attacking the game developers repeatedly and enjoying it. Seriously kid, I think that people heard enough of you already, cut this crap.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Jul 3, 2016, 2:04:35 PM
traps dont bother me. Its being on lock down mainly like cant trade in lab cant attend to RL stuff if need be.

everyone has a different gripe about lab.
Git R Dun!
My only complaint about the lab is you have to start over if you die. I play softcore so I shouldn't be forced into this hardcore playstyle.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Siochan wrote:
At least Izaro fits in an ARPG.

And going by the generally accepted definition of 'arpg' so do traps.

"
Siochan wrote:
At least Izaro makes sense. Frogger traps do none of those.

What doesn't make sense is this constant comparison to frogger. Frogger is unforgiving, one hit and start over. The only way this happens in the laby is if you're playing a suboptimal build, through extremely poor playing (e.g. running with the traps) or because of poor latency (which is a problem of an even smaller subset of the laby haters). And if this is the case, the laby is the least of your worries.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info