[2.3] |TRI| Poor man's flicker strike

Do you tire of rich boys and their item showcase builds? Are you starting a new league and have no idea how to farm up? Well search no more, this build here will allow you to create a fun and simple character that will allow to farm all those showcase items without needing to have them beforehand.

Goal of the build
-Reach endgame without spending a single dime
-Have a reliable build to clear mid level maps
-Ruin my eyes from all the flickers

Pros:
- Very Very Very Cheap
- Infinite attack (you will get lost in the map)
- You don't need to worry about mana
- Lots of defenses (Evasion, Dodge, Block, and a little ES later on)
- Can do almost ALL map mods
- You are fast in all aspects

Cons:
- You can probably only get so far
- At endgame you will feel paper if you stop moving
- You probably need to a new character to achieve uber endgame
- My god the desyncs

WARNING:
This build most likely will not carry you to uber endgame, but I promise that mapping up to T8 should be viable, as of date I haven't acquired a map higher than that so I can't promise anything.

Old Gear that (all self found and still 30k dps)
Spoiler

I found these shortly before my new gear:

My Current Gear (I farmed these none were bought)
Spoiler

Yes these may cost you a bit but you can always find them like me

I currently achieve a nice 55k dps with this gear, I do plan on improving and streamlining the build to increase survivability and clear speed

Leveling:
Spoiler

Final Skill Tree (Still fiddling, but is complete in most part)

20 pts

40pts

60pts

80pts

100pts

Bandits: Oak, Oak, Kraityn
Ascendancy: Walk the Aether, Ghost Dance, Shade From, Swift Killer

Leveling Tips:
Spoiler
For the easiest journey to act 3 normal to acquire flicker strike, I would find elreon as soon as possible and level him to buy his ring. After getting his ring you can use Blade vortex to speed lvl without concerns over mana.
Personally I leveled using frost blades > Wild Strike

For clearing normal lab, you don't have to worry too much, I even cleared it using frenzy + flicker strike, and after grabbing your first Ascendancy you are good to go.

Gem Links
Spoiler
This is the important part:
You need to grab blasphemy asap and link it with poachers mark, this will be the main source of your frenzy charges.

Main links:
Flicker Strike > Multi Strike > Melee Splash > Melee Physical Damage > Ice Bite (if you generate enough charges you can drop this) > Added Fire Damage > Options when you drop Ice bite (Hypothermia, Increased critical damage, Fortify, Poison)

Please note that only the first 4 are mandatory, rest is optional for additional damage/utility

Frenzy > Faster Attack > Optional (refer to above for suggestions)

Mobility:
Whirling Blades > Faster Attack > Fortify (not needed if you can't find enough sockets)

Doping (if you gotta clear fast or need more charges):
Blood Rage > Reduced Duration

Power Charge Generation (not needed):
Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1 preferably)> Blade Vortex (as High lvl as CWDT can support)> Power charge on crit > Increased Duration

Uniques to consider (if you are lucky enough to find them)
Spoiler

The spell dodge is very useful if you have a hard time with aoe bursting you down.
For bino's you can socket poison with frenzy for guaranteed healing, but of course our crits already poison, so its up to preferences.
+2 movement skill? increased attack speed? More damage? yes please!
Nice defenses, though a good rare probably could do better, but why would you be here then?

FAQ:
Spoiler
Not enough intelligence? There is a +30 int node "theif's craft" very close to the "revenge of the hunted" node

I will post pictures once I figure out how to show them.
Last edited by QuietSea on Jul 7, 2016, 5:00:14 PM
Last bumped on Nov 13, 2016, 11:33:30 PM
Reserved
Just prior to reading this i bricked my lightning warp miner, ending up with 2 exalts wasted and a flicker strike build that deals 1.2k damage @_@ . I need your help in 10 hours when im awake again... Nice write up, hope you can help me out in prophecy :)
I am more than happy to help, just post questions and I will answer them in the FAQ section.
I am having a little problem with getting intelligence. I am new to the game and this is my second character which I am playing in the prophecy league. I am lvl 35 at the moment and cant equip either blasphemy (for the blasphemy, poachers mark combo) or a self found dagger because I have only 46 intelligence.

would be good?
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Currently leveling up this build. At level 44 and things are going pretty smooth, enjoying it a lot.

Could you post which Ascendancy nodes to pick?
"
Currently leveling up this build. At level 44 and things are going pretty smooth, enjoying it a lot.

Could you post which Ascendancy nodes to pick?

The ascendancy's are in the leveling section, at the bottom just under bandit choices.

"
I am having a little problem with getting intelligence. I am new to the game and this is my second character which I am playing in the prophecy league. I am lvl 35 at the moment and cant equip either blasphemy (for the blasphemy, poachers mark combo) or a self found dagger because I have only 46 intelligence.

There a +30 int node just off the main tree, near the "revenge of the hunted node" you can pick that up till you find gear that will give you enough intelligence.

"
would be good?

The helmet looks solid and even has a flicker modifier, though the rolls aren't the highest, for all intensive purposes it should serve well.
would it be worth it to run any other auras, herald of ash for example? a bit of quality should buff the added fire damage on flicker too?
"
would it be worth it to run any other auras, herald of ash for example? a bit of quality should buff the added fire damage on flicker too?

You could do that, but you would need to grab the charisma nodes in order to get enough mana, unless you want to pay out some cash to get the enlighten gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info