[2.3] (Trickster) Ethereal Knives MF Build. 8.5k ES, 150k DPS, 200+ IIR, 43 IIQ, Triple Blasphemy

"
TheHolyDragon wrote:
Is there a budget version for my lv 82 character in prophecy league? i cant afford heterics or a lv 4 empower O:

As long as you can afford a 5l Shavs, you can make a really strong character with minor modifications. I will try to add a budget version in the next couple of days.
"
habkor wrote:
"
bobosayhello wrote:
"
RedRocker16 wrote:
I would be interested in at least a tree priority in for leveling

Me too. I really want to try this build out.

Hi, I have now updated the leveling section. I hope you can start from there.

Thanks a lot for your hard work. I will try it out and report back.
77k dps? Im sitting at 32k with my items, seems im only missing the proj speed (60%)? Anything else?

Thanks

Spoiler

Creator
"
sSasori wrote:
77k dps? Im sitting at 32k with my items, seems im only missing the proj speed (60%)? Anything else?

Thanks

Spoiler

If you upgrade your EK to lvl 21 (costly, I know), your damage will immediately increase by 35%. So this will give you 32k * 1.35 ~ 43k. There is also some room for improvement with your jewels... some of them only have 1 or 2 damage mods. A good jewel can give me up to 6k additional DPS or so, so that makes quite some difference. It should be quite easy to reach at least 60k DPS, even with jewels that only have 3 damage mods (aim for >40% increased damage total, where 3% cast speed is worth about 10% damage). Let me know how this works out.
I just got my Heretic's Veil but I don't quite understand why the gems should be setup like this:

Temporal Chains and Projectile Weakness linked to Enhance. Enfeeble unlinked.

Is this the best setup of curses for this build, why should we let the Enfeeable unlinked?
And if the helmet already comes in 4 links, I need to make it back to 3 links, right?
Also, is there any alternative setup of curses for this build if I don't have the Enhance gem?

Thanks.
Last edited by bobosayhello on Jul 16, 2016, 11:12:03 PM
"
habkor wrote:

If you upgrade your EK to lvl 21 (costly, I know), your damage will immediately increase by 35%. So this will give you 32k * 1.35 ~ 43k. There is also some room for improvement with your jewels... some of them only have 1 or 2 damage mods. A good jewel can give me up to 6k additional DPS or so, so that makes quite some difference. It should be quite easy to reach at least 60k DPS, even with jewels that only have 3 damage mods (aim for >40% increased damage total, where 3% cast speed is worth about 10% damage). Let me know how this works out.

For sure.
I Just through in whatever jewels I had laying around, I will try to upgrade those soon.

Uber lab done today, had some close calls. Switched out IIQ for Added fire
Creator
"
bobosayhello wrote:
I just got my Heretic's Veil but I don't quite understand why the gems should be setup like this:

Temporal Chains and Projectile Weakness linked to Enhance. Enfeeble unlinked.

Is this the best setup of curses for this build, why should we let the Enfeeable unlinked?
And if the helmet already comes in 4 links, I need to make it back to 3 links, right?
Also, is there any alternative setup of curses for this build if I don't have the Enhance gem?

Thanks.

Hey, sorry for being unclear about this. Ideally, we would also connect Enfeeble to Enhance, but this is not possible (without adaptions) as it reserves too much mana. Since both Temporal Chains and Projectile Weakness benefit much more from added quality, I chose to keep Enfeeble unlinked.

And yeah, if your Heretic's comes with 4 links, you need to break it down to 3+1 links. This should take a few fusings at most. Of course, you need to recolor accordingly.

Regarding an alternative setup of curses without Enhance: I have not really thought about that. It's more than sufficient initially to just buy a corrupted lvl 3 Enhance, which should be available for less than 1 Ex. This is enough to greatly boost the build's effectiveness.
Bump. Added a new section on defense. This is really an extremely tanky build viable for all maps including T15s. Basically, I only die when I'm being careless and run into Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers (and fail to react accordingly). However, extremely strong map bosses should still be avoided unless you know exactly what you are doing (Core Malachai etc.).
Any thoughts on how to do this build without CI? Such as gear and ascendancy paths?
Last edited by zage on Jul 30, 2016, 12:44:08 PM
"
zage wrote:
Any thoughts on how to do this build without CI? Such as gear and ascendancy paths?

Hey, I think you are mixing up some things here. This is not a CI build, but a low-life build. Hence we need to use Shavronne's Wrappings (which provides relatively low ES, but gives us the required "Chaos damage does not bypass energy shield"), but can make use of Pain Attunement (30% more spell damage) and reserve 4 auras on life (with the specified setup).

I could post a CI version of this build, but I think it would not come near the current build's max potential. If you are looking for a life-based version, I have to refer you to other EK guides. There is a decent one in the Marauder subforum, for example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info