What would Bind on Account items do to PoE?

What would happen if Div cards were Bind on Pickup.. cant be traded.. but made their drop rate increased substantially.

That's just one example. Does PoE have any use for this function?
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2016, 7:16:32 AM
"
laycast wrote:
What would happen if Div cards were Bind on Pickup.. cant be traded.. but made their drop rate increased substantially.

No. Completely undermines the philosophy of trading that Chris has spoken about at length on multiple occasions.
So only the cards are bound, yet you increase the drop rate meaning you'll have a load of gear flooding the market since IT isn't bound.

Anyway, it's a shit idea to justify increasing drop rates.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jun 28, 2016, 2:54:07 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
So only the cards are bound, yet you increase the drop rate meaning you'll have a load of gear flooding the market since IT isn't bound.

Obviously the implied corollary is the resulting items would be bound as well.

The only way div cards could have worked was making them bound and I knew as soon as I read the announcement about them they would never bind them and we'd be having these types of threads until the servers shut down.

It's too bad imo given how expensive those damn cards were for the supporters.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Jun 28, 2016, 2:59:08 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Obviously they would be bound as well....lol.

Div cards were made essentially for self found players to get uniques they wanted since it's drop is tied to certain zones. Look at how it turned out, you have to trade for them
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
I would bind currency to account to force people to barter items for items, like good old diablo 2

Flipper would then be way harder to do which would result in a less inflated economy
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
laycast wrote:

This would make the game more a arpg and less trade simulation game. Any game can have a use of this function, because the function offers a lot less limitation that we have now because of trading and balance around it
Last edited by miljan on Jun 28, 2016, 3:38:53 PM
You'd love D3, everything is accout bind. Such a great game.

Ho wait...
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
I would bind currency to account to force people to barter items for items, like good old diablo 2

Flipper would then be way harder to do which would result in a less inflated economy
You know that another "currency" would surface. My item for x Brittle Emporers.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
IceDeal wrote:
You'd love D3, everything is accout bind. Such a great game.

Ho wait...

So you're saying D3 was such a great game when it wasn't account bound?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info