What would Bind on Account items do to PoE?

"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
I would bind currency to account to force people to barter items for items, like good old diablo 2

Flipper would then be way harder to do which would result in a less inflated economy
You know that another "currency" would surface. My item for x Brittle Emporers.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. We'd just have SoJ's all over again.

Anyways, the whole trade vs. self-found thing has always irked me. People love to preach about challenge and difficulty, and yet a trade-focused game is entirely antithetical to that. Like it or not, item binding is necessary for a healthy endgame. It forces people to deck out their character by running dungeons and hunting major bosses, which is a good thing as long as you have enough content for them to run (Which PoE, of course, does not). Sadly, GGG has already painted themselves into a corner on this because they never had a plan for endgame, so making T1 uniques bind-on-pickup would result in a huge backlash from the entitled no-lifers that think they run the show around here.

It all basically comes back to the fact that PoE has no end-game whatsoever.
This is a buff™
"
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
I would bind currency to account to force people to barter items for items, like good old diablo 2

Flipper would then be way harder to do which would result in a less inflated economy
You know that another "currency" would surface. My item for x Brittle Emporers.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. We'd just have SoJ's all over again.

Anyways, the whole trade vs. self-found thing has always irked me. People love to preach about challenge and difficulty, and yet a trade-focused game is entirely antithetical to that. Like it or not, item binding is necessary for a healthy endgame. It forces people to deck out their character by running dungeons and hunting major bosses, which is a good thing as long as you have enough content for them to run (Which PoE, of course, does not). Sadly, GGG has already painted themselves into a corner on this because they never had a plan for endgame, so making T1 uniques bind-on-pickup would result in a huge backlash from the entitled no-lifers that think they run the show around here.

It all basically comes back to the fact that PoE has no end-game whatsoever.

You're completely right. I was thinking and that was the conclusion I came to
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
Last edited by laycast on Jun 28, 2016, 5:25:07 PM
It will work against philosophy of the game that this game is all about trade and economy imo.
The game is what you make of it. If you trade, it's about trading. If you play solo, it's not. What account binding is attempting to accomplish is to make other players play the way you would want them to.

Quit it. Play the game the way you want, and let others play the game the way they want.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The game is what you make of it. If you trade, it's about trading. If you play solo, it's not. What account binding is attempting to accomplish is to make other players play the way you would want them to.

Quit it. Play the game the way you want, and let others play the game the way they want.

NO its not about that I its more about what GGG said in the past, I just dont want them to be hypocrites.
Anything that conflicts with the game being a trade simulator is considered a no-no.

You should know better, OP.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

A new currency would appear. Can anyone say "Stone of Jordan"? Or runes?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

WTB 6l vis mortis for 10 voidhearts and 4l atziri's disfavor
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Jun 28, 2016, 7:07:29 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Sure but those currency would be maps im pretty sure of it

the thing with map is that its a real consumable because it gives something pretty invariable, the XP in a map is always* the same

The problem with orbs being currency is that they are too much bound to RNG which make them less incline to be used as consumable and at some point they become useless because its easier to buy an item rather than trying to craft it

You always need map
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
They have said they are completely against any form of binding.

Even though the binding toolbox is a toolbox containing many tools which can be used in many different ways to different degrees with multiple conditions.

GGG prefer to let their game suffer because of a blanket policy.

Take the eternal orb, if there ever was a classic case for conditional binding results, this was it.

But GGG implemented the orb with no conditions on the orb itself and no conditions on the resulting items.

It broke the game, so they removed it.

No shit, GGG, you refuse to use the tools that allow these things without breaking the game.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jun 28, 2016, 7:25:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info