Eternal orbs.. Should they come back?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
Eternals shouldnt have existed in the first place. Very bad choice when GGG put it in, and glad GGG saw the problem and took it out.
Sure the damage has been done but it will fix itself slowly over time.

It was a very good exalts sink. Sometimes guys would spend up to 5000 exalts eternal/exalting. Not to mention min/maxers love it. Makes sense all around to me.

Why "shouldnt they exist"??

They can still do this without the eternals. Instead of burning 5k exalts they will need 50k exalts or more doing the old school scour method. Talk about exalt sink.

Oh and if you think 50k+ exalt is insane, the kid (or his group) that made glyphs mark at one point said he had made over 2 million exalts mainly converted to mirrors due to stash tab limitation... thanks eternal orbs.

And i wonder where all these currencies went...

Kaching
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 28, 2016, 7:17:09 AM
What this game needs is far less power creep... not more.
Why they were removed from game in first place? Ol' good "no fun allowed"?
Yes they should be back, no reason not to.
ahh; reach bow is a thing now.. no need for mirrors OR eternals; GGG is now making the OP stuff themself :)
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Chris posted the reason for removing Eternal Orbs in the Development manifesto post here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1302066

"
We introduced Eternal Orbs in the 0.11.0 patch two years ago. Since then, the impact they've had on Path of Exile and its economy hasn't been what we initially intended.

"
At the release of the next Path of Exile expansion after The Awakening, we'll review economic data and make a decision about whether they are restored or will continue to be disabled.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Chris posted the reason for removing Eternal Orbs in the Development manifesto post here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1302066

"
We introduced Eternal Orbs in the 0.11.0 patch two years ago. Since then, the impact they've had on Path of Exile and its economy hasn't been what we initially intended.

"
At the release of the next Path of Exile expansion after The Awakening, we'll review economic data and make a decision about whether they are restored or will continue to be disabled.

Eternal orbs are officially dead to the end
-Confirmed
Last edited by GodKas on Jun 28, 2016, 9:11:35 AM
I think they should return. I love them, they allowed me to exalt items without fear. When eternals dropped, I actually crafted things! It was nice being able to craft things, I was able to finish up a few items because of them. These days I just sell off my exalts. I will never use them, because I am not in the top 1% that can afford to lose an exalt to a failed craft.

I think they should be changed like an above poster said - make them so you can eternal an item once. So mirrored items dont have multiple versions and other things. I think they dropped too often for how powerful they were. I think if readded, they should be put in the middle of of exalt and mirror drop rate. This would limit the flow of gg mirror service items in temp leagues. Honestly I do not think I have seen a mirror service in a temp league since they were removed. This makes it so mirrors are only really used in standard. Is this how you want mirros to be used GGG? It would be great to be able to mirror an item in temp leagues.

They were good, just too common for their power.
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
I will never use them, because I am not in the top 1% that can afford to lose an exalt to a failed craft.

An eternal won't give you the exalt back if you get a bad mod out of it. It only allows you to try again with another exalt.

Meta-mods also allow for a sort of checkpoint halfway through crafting an item, although crafting a perfect item still requires more exalts than before.

As a self-found player, that kind of crafting is out of my reach, eternals or no. I might eventually get to a point where I YOLO exalt really good items, but so far I only have four exalts across all leagues and none of my items is really worthy.
"
databeaver wrote:
"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
I will never use them, because I am not in the top 1% that can afford to lose an exalt to a failed craft.

An eternal won't give you the exalt back if you get a bad mod out of it. It only allows you to try again with another exalt.

Meta-mods also allow for a sort of checkpoint halfway through crafting an item, although crafting a perfect item still requires more exalts than before.

As a self-found player, that kind of crafting is out of my reach, eternals or no. I might eventually get to a point where I YOLO exalt really good items, but so far I only have four exalts across all leagues and none of my items is really worthy.

Yeah maybe I worded that poorly. It is more of I do not feel like I wasted the exalt + possibly bricked the item. I know of the master meta mod shit, but I have never gotten a master to 8 so never got the chance to try it.
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
With meta mods on masters, bringing back eternals will be one of the retardedest decision ever form GGG.

And like I said before, eternals ultimately kills exalt sink. Just like the retarded glyph's mark, they spend only like 3k exalts and made 2 million exalts from just mirror service and flipping exalts/mirrors, and all the currency goes to them ultimately because of eternals allowing them to craft 6x T1 for very little investment. And guess what 9 outta 10 they probably converted their 2 million exalts to cash when they quit PoE...

Good thing GGG isnt stupid, and finally took it out.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 28, 2016, 4:47:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info