Make Uber Lab enchants items

"
Rowanbladex wrote:
they already are. you can LITERALLY just go buy the enchant from another player. it's exactly as you asked.

That all caps word doesn't mean what you think it means.
"
Nssheepster wrote:
It's been said before. Personally I made a couple threads suggesting that making those little skulls an item would keep what GGG wanted, the RNG of enchanting, but would also make it possible to farm something I DID enjoy, IE maps, and still get the lab benefits. It makes life easier for Lab Lovers and Lab Haters alike. But they got no traction, as do all the other threads suggesting changes to lab enchants.

I can deal with running the lab once per character. I can NOT deal with running the lab to try and RNG my way to 1 of 400 or so enchantments, to get what I want on my boots and helm. Even people who like lab dislike that amount of grinding. GGG has always been about RNG...AND a way to bypass RNG if you are unlucky or prefer to. Vorici, for example...RNG your way to a 6l, OR pay for it. There's an OR, there's an OPTION. Now GGG is just saying, suck it up, do this 1000 times and hope, or don't get this extra power we put in the game.

It would be great to have this done, but given how little traction threads for this have gotten...I just don't think GGG cares. Unless we can get like a bunch of Streamers all saying this, and saying it a lot, I don't even expect a GGG response, not even a "No, will never happen"

I had no expectations coming into the thread other than expressing what I thought would make the enchants more in line with their general thinking about "everything is an item".

I thought it is also in keeping with their philosophy of never removing the labor but allowing the itemization of nearly everything to displace the labor so that those who enjoy particular content do it and those who do not, use the rewards from the content they do to purchase the rewards from the content they do not.

Anyway, just a thought.
I would like this.
It feels bad when you find a good helmet only to not be able to use it because it doesn't have reduced earthquake duration or something of the sort.

I am sure some of you fucks know how this feels...

Sure that's an uber enchant that I just got but I have farmed merci labs countless fucking times on my Reach SA guy and I couldn't get anything remotely useful... So like normal human beings I got so sick and tired of lab grinds and got so bored so I rerolled a block melee shield charger and this is the first enchant I got from uber lab for this guy...
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
LoPan wrote:
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
they already are. you can LITERALLY just go buy the enchant from another player. it's exactly as you asked.

No they aren't. You can buy someone else's item w the enchant on it already. That doesn't mean that particular piece of gear is what you want for whatever your build is... Like I want 40% bv helm enchant. I'm not giving up my 500 Es helm for a tricorn that has the enchant.

You can LITERALLY buy someone's already enchanted gear.

You LITERALLY can't buy the enchant.

Nobody is going to enchant bases that terrible. Get real. :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jun 27, 2016, 2:24:31 AM
I would like to see a little more deterministic craft like say 3 choices one being one you got. Otherwise I aint enchanting shit. My GG uber killers dont even have enchants. fuck it. What for? My utility will only go up marginally and not make or break a build so the effort is pointless. Sorta like lvling to 100.

I dont have preciouses. I git er dun cheapest way possible with least amount of effort and that dont include astronomical odds of lab
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 27, 2016, 2:41:34 AM
I'd like more deterministic crafting too, but it's not gonna happen. The enchant system is designed to promote economic activity, not to self-find the right enchantments.

My SF strategy is to roll enchants on wildly used unique helmets, until it hits something appropriate enough, eg. a melee skill on a BoR or an Abyssus. Not necessarily a specific enchantment. Someday down the line I might reroll around such item...

Looking at enchantments as just a bonus, while the chests being the real targets of the run, also helps in dealing with this brutal RNG.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Perq wrote:
"
LoPan wrote:
"
Rowanbladex wrote:

No they aren't. You can buy someone else's item w the enchant on it already. That doesn't mean that particular piece of gear is what you want for whatever your build is... Like I want 40% bv helm enchant. I'm not giving up my 500 Es helm for a tricorn that has the enchant.

You can LITERALLY buy someone's already enchanted gear.

You LITERALLY can't buy the enchant.

Nobody is going to enchant bases that terrible. Get real. :P

You'd be surprised. I've seen worse.
IGN:Flickfrap
Yes, this seems like an awesome idea. Make Enchant's "sealable", like prophecies.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I would love it if the skulls were currency items (not for any particular enchantment, just for a random chance when used)! Nssheepster - do you have links to those other threads? Did any of them have mock-up pictures of the idea? I think it would be pretty awesome.

You would need 4 different skulls, so I guess they'd each need to have a different colour.

4 skulls? How so? Just have them list what difficulty they came from underneath. And no, nobody bothered to make pictures. At least not that I found.

- Sheepster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info