So the Orlando shooter has burial rights? You're shiting me...

"
Jennik wrote:
Are you serious here? You're trying to prove me wrong by quoting something entirely different than what I responded to that's from an entirely different post? Really?

It was NOT an entirely different post. You quoted and responded to a post on June 26, 2016 8:23 PM. The post that you quoted was made by diablofdb on June 26, 2016 8:09 PM. I quoted from the same exact post made by diablofdb on June 26, 2016 8:09 PM.

While I can't see the underlying code of the posts, the exact text you quoted "One week prior to the killing, an Imam in Orlando was making a speech about how we should all kill all homosexual." is only found in one quote. view-thread/1691818/page/5#p13436880

It was the post that you quoted.

"
Jennik wrote:
You have established a clear pattern of not being able to follow a conversation.

First off, if I made an error in what I quoted or stated, I'd be happy to admit it. I have done so in the past and will continue to do so in the future. We are all human and make mistakes. However, I think you assertion of following the conversation is erroneous and that the shoe is actually on the other foot.

Let's follow the conversation - here are diablofdb's prior statements in various posts in the thread expressing that it is more than sentiment that he is concerned about :

Spoiler
but let's be honest here, Islam is currently the only religion who is waging war and terrorism in the modern world.

(note waging war - not sentiment, but violent action)

Let me make myself clear, I am perfectly aware that is only a minority that is extremist. But I still hate Islam as a whole. It's a bad religion, it promote violence war and intolerance.

(Note promote violence war and intolerance - sentiment in "intolerance", but violence and war are not a matter of "sentiment")

And Islam is promoting violence against homosexuals, sorry but their religious leaders made speech few months ago about how Muslims should denounce every homosexuals around them to make it easier to exterminate them.

(Note - promoting violence, and easier to exterminate - again, these are more than sentiments)

I like how some people still try to defend these monsters who are mass killing... THEY ARE TERRORISTS THEY ARE MONSTERS. I'm not going to drop a single tear for any of them. World would be much better if we would get rid of all the extremist, and their religion of violence and intolerance.

(Note -mass killing - not a sentiment, but actual deaths. Maybe you didn't recognize that diablofdb was linking "their religion of violence and intolerance." with the actual violence, but that's what was happening in that paragraph.

And here is the entirety of the post that YOU quoted in YOUR response on June 26, 2016 8:23 PM, and to which I responded to:

So there is the Wesboro church that is refusing to marry 2 gay people in the USA and everyone denounce it and how horrible it is. But Islam condemn homosexuals to death and they get a free pass. Islam never was a religion of peace. One week prior to the killing, an Imam in Orlando was making a speech about how we should all kill all homosexual.

(Note condemn homosexuals to death - no need to explain this one again)

This is the text you quoted "One week prior to the killing, an Imam in Orlando was making a speech about how we should all kill all homosexual."

That text is ONLY found in the SAME post that has Islam condemn homosexuals to death made by diablofdb on June 26, 2016 8:09 PM.

For a conversation to be of any value, people need to listen as well as talk. Perhaps you were listening, but didn't understand the repeated connection between perspectives and actual violent outcomes that was being voiced by diablofdb. Perhaps you understood this was what was being said, but you chose to only respond to one aspect of it.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
This was a planned homicide, and his family is probably celebrating a successful mission.
I don't agree. The facts give me the distinct impression that the Orlando shooter was a bisexual yet deeply religious Muslim whose soul was crushed by the public speech of a bigoted imam.

The idea that Mateen was conflicted and disturbed by his cultural and religious perspectives on homosexuality could very well be a huge factor. Was the public speech before Mateen gave away his house? If that speech was made a month or more before he gave away his house, it might be the triggering event.

I'm not sure of the accuracy of the following:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/18/the-unhinged-home-that-raised-orlando-killer-omar-mateen.html (I'm sure more detailed and well researched information will come out over time)

But if Mateen was witnessing his mother abusing his father, and his father abusing his wife, then that would be a huge factor in destabilizing his thinking. IMO, it would be the primary cause of Mateen's violent tendencises, and his anger at other groups would be transferral.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I mean, just imagine hearing, either directly or through acquaintances, that the local leader has said God wants those of your sexual orientation to be rounded up for extermination. You suddenly feel doomed, certain in your paranoia that you'll be outed; you avoid contact with family and friends. As isolation and depression set in, you begin to wonder if that's really what God wants: your death, and the death of others like you. Because of your orientation, you're already familiar with where homosexuals congregate. And, after you kill as many as you can, you realize that you're next, that you won't walk away from this. Your thoughts turn to how people will remember you, so you search for a way, any way, to cover up your homosexual past, so you give credit for your actions to every Islamic terror organization you can think of, hoping one of them will claim responsibility. Because you'd rather your family, friends, and faith remember you as a terrorist than as gay. Maybe even God will accept this as an apology.

That's my hunch, anyway.

It's a good hunch. If Mateen was indeed bisexual, than I hope they don't try to downplay it, but instead use it as proof that we need more acceptance in society. I wish those running for office were pushing for free mental health (and vastly expanded services) rather than free college. A lot of people could be turned around from their downward spiral and have meaningful enjoyable lives.

You may have done a very good deed with your post Scrotie. I have a little birdie on the inside that can get the right message in THE right ear, but I have no idea to whether the timing will be soon enough. If it's too late, the political capital won't be there to make the idea worth adding. If the timing is right, then this page could change with an addition specifically addressing free mental health and domestic violence (and not just violence against women)

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Jun 27, 2016, 5:08:17 PM
Hmm. Best confirm hearsay which I've accepted as fact.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/13/british-imam-preached-death-gays-orlando-blames-media/

http://fusion.net/story/313063/orlando-terror-attack-muslim-lgbt/

It seems the speech occurred on March 29, 2016, but he's not a local imam (and despite claiming Iranian citizenship is actually a Brit). It's worth noting that the lines he's frequently quoted for are from a video of a panel given in 2013 at the University of Michigan campus in - deep sigh - the city I was raised in. It's also worth noting that WFTV News in Orlando covered the story, including clips of the 2013 speech, on March 29, meaning that Mateen did not need to attend to get the message - he just needed to watch the news.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/06/17/public-records-omar-mateen-gave-house-laws-10-wife-noor-salman-witnessed-transfer/

Mateen sold his belongings to his relatives for $10 seven days later, on April 5.

It's not really proven or anything, but I believe that Farrokh Sekaleshfar's message of intolerance directly or indirectly reached Mateen at a critical time, hardened his resolve, and spurred him to fully commit to his demented plan.

http://m.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/orlando-shooter-omar-mateen-was-gay-former-classma/nrfwW/ (pardon the mobile link)

There's a strong chance Mateen was bisexual (he was married with a 3-year-old son). Visiting gay clubs in April-June 2016 could be interpreted as reconnaissance, but reports go back to 2006.

So yeah. No major errors in my sources.

TL;DR: Fuck you, Farrokh Sekaleshfar. And wags of the finger to University of Michigan Dearborn and WFTV Orlando for the assist.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 27, 2016, 9:58:51 PM
I thought the AR 15 he used looked neat. Let em burn in hell for what he did with it though.

http://www.sigevolution.com/sigmcx

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
I thought the AR 15 he used looked neat. Let em burn in hell for what he did with it though.

A lot of people think like you, I heard sales of this weapon skyrocketed :P

I would like to remind once again the Onion's article: 'No way to prevent this, says only developed country in the world where this happens'.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 28, 2016, 3:11:28 AM
"
Bars wrote:

I would like to remind once again the Onion's article: 'No way to prevent this, says only developed country in the world where this happens'.

Wonder if the Onion author checked his facts: http://crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/

In the big picture, it's all just fear-mongering. More people die in car accidents on new years eve than from mass shootings in the entire year. Even horses have killed more people than all the mass shooters. There are agendas at play in the mass media, votes that can be won via exploiting the fear, and profits to be made peddling horror on the news.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Oh, if more people are dying for other reasons, it's totally OK then. Be sure to tell these statistics to the families of mass shooting victims, I'm sure they'll be sympathetic to this argument.

Apart from that, let's not go into statistics territory because the picture becomes ugly if you count victims of gun-related crime in general.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

A lot of people think like you, I heard sales of this weapon skyrocketed :P

Only im not American, oops

To be fair, its a cool gun but no civilian needs that.
Last edited by TheWretch on Jun 28, 2016, 3:00:53 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:

Therein lies a point of contention. The 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution isn't part of the Bill of "Needs."

I don't "need" to play PoE, either, but if some joker decides that, in their political/ideological opinion, I shouldn't, then we're gonna run into some friction. Of course, I'm not sure which, if any, of the enumerated Rights might cover playing PoE, but I'm reasonably confident that the Constitution doesn't grant the Federal Gub'mint the authority to prevent me from it. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

Therein lies a point of contention. The 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution isn't part of the Bill of "Needs."

I don't "need" to play PoE, either, but if some joker decides that, in their political/ideological opinion, I shouldn't, then we're gonna run into some friction. Of course, I'm not sure which, if any, of the enumerated Rights might cover playing PoE, but I'm reasonably confident that the Constitution doesn't grant the Federal Gub'mint the authority to prevent me from it. ='[.]'=

I'm cool with the right to own one. Sucks the losers and psychos ruin it for everyone else. Maybe better background checks? The guy was on an FBI watch list or something?

We don't get to even fire those at ranges here, which sucks. I dig firearms. That rifle looks fun as hell to shoot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info