It's time for preleveled/preascended characters to enter the shop or be made available somehow.

I dont see why not. Stash tabs are already paying for an advantage. And dont give the can use mules. While you are taking 15 min a map organizing and switching toons to store shit. I farm 3 more maps and simply drop items in demoninated tabs in a few seconds. Not to mention your mules are limited my tabs arnt.

I can list more stuff and get more stuff with tabs. PTW IMO.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 23, 2016, 3:48:01 PM
Wouldn't doubt it if GGG ended up doing this.

They don't sell in game advantage.. Sell trading stash tabs. Sold beta access. For people to test and them to not fix anything, because once it was out of beta it was still fucking beta.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
Pay-to-Win can make some quick cash for GGG, but it will also kill the game quickly. Chris repeatedly stated that PoE is meant to be an ongoing, constantly developing game. Cashing out is obviously not in his plans.

I can see GGG removing the Cruel difficulty to cut the leveling boredom, as so many people suggested. But pay-to-win will never be a part of PoE. Or so we can hope.
Cynicism aside, the issue is that there are multiple definitions of what is considered "winning" that differs from person to person. Like morbo mentioned, some people might pursue wealth (exalts in cash shop), some people pursue character power, some just want to finish Merciless and move on to the next game.

The way the game developers probably see it, the 1 to X (60, 70, 80, whatever) grind is a legitimate challenge that is a core part of the game, so I don't see your suggestion coming in anytime soon.

Cynicism returning, the stash tab issue is kind of interesting. There are a couple possibilities. One is that there aren't many, or zero, economically aware game developers on the team, so they don't really include transaction costs within prices, and they don't even see trade convenience as a trade advantage (e.g. someone drives a while to the mall and pays $15 for a shirt. That person thinks of the cost of the shirt as $15, even though she or he may have spent $5 on gas getting to the mall and went right home afterwards. Don't even get me started on opportunity costs.).

More likely is that their deal making with Garena has "corrupted" them a fair bit. In which case they probably made the assumption that the portion of the playerbase that is both economically aware and cares deeply about P2W ethics is not significant. "Significant" here could mean a couple of things, most likely referring to effect in profit margin. I.e. yes, some players will have those 2 traits will be there and forfeit sales and cause further lost sales through spreading of economic awareness, but the loss from a betrayal of values is far less than the additional gain from sales of new product.

Honestly, as a business student, I would rankle a bit at the betrayal of values part, but I can't fault them for (potentially) pursuing the profit margin decision. Like, personally, yeah, pay to win is awful when it destroys fun, but seriously, why not pay a couple bucks of real money to get a nicer trade experience in game? You still have to work for your currency (orbs), and it's not like solo self found is impossible or a less legitimate playstyle than trading.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jun 23, 2016, 4:23:51 PM
To gate the only thing that makes fun here = skilltree

its done imo

here happens the same shit i have seen in sooo many games before...

i am very frustrated about the gamechanges

act 5 - more nice maps - new monster/bosses was all the game needed till act 100 or whatever.

nostalgic nice action

and the discussion about "Noobs-Casuals and Pros" are real blah.

everybody can play so slow or fast as he want.

meta.......

i am not in competition with anyone.

i played with fun till the lab came out.

now i am more off than on.... deja vu like in the game before.

oh noooo not again.....

Last edited by MagicalMove on Jun 23, 2016, 5:03:22 PM
Never gonna happen.

However, it's totally fine to get rushed through the entire game, never even touch or get touched by a single monster, stand in a safe area while your rush runs trials and lab traps then pulls the lever at the end to let you through skipping the danger (these exist, like WTF?) and then stand OUTSIDE THE FUCKING BOSS ROOM while your rush kills the boss to get your ascendancy.

GGG, pls.

Casually casual.

"However, it's totally fine to get rushed through the entire game, never even touch or get touched by a single monster, stand in a safe area while your rush runs trials and lab traps then pulls the lever at the end to let you through skipping the danger (these exist, like WTF?) and then stand OUTSIDE THE FUCKING BOSS ROOM while your rush kills the boss to get your ascendancy."

Um, where do I go to get this service please? It sounds like just what I need.

I'd pay about $30 for the option to have any new character I make start in Act 1 Merc, level 60, no gear, and select the first 2 bandit rewards.

Why? The game doesn't start until this point anyway, and it's really tiresome to do over and over when all I want to do is play new/different builds--not grinding fkn levels all days to get to where the game becomes playable.

Is it going to happen? I doubt it. It's almost impossible considering the knee-jerk reaction this community has to anything new--let alone something that appears to be p2w (though actually isn't) or any sort of conveniences (AH, Stash Tabs, Boosted Characters, etc).

But there is the other side of it... I would pay. So would others.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
I'd pay about $30 for the option to have any new character I make start in Act 1 Merc, level 60, no gear, and select the first 2 bandit rewards.

Why? The game doesn't start until this point anyway, and it's really tiresome to do over and over when all I want to do is play new/different builds--not grinding fkn levels all days to get to where the game becomes playable.

Same here, I've invested thousands of hours collecting gear and leveling Masters in Standard since Closed Beta. My legacy characters are all stuck in their mid-80's because red maps never drop. I have zero interest in slagging through Normal and Cruel Prophecy with impoverished characters that will just get dumped back into Standard in a few months anyway.

And no one really cares what happens in Standard, right?

So make MTX purchases of level-60 Merciless characters available in Standard only. Races and challenge leagues remain pure, everyone gets what they want, and GGG makes well-earned profit.
Are you guys starting to resurrect the premium tab controverse ? I thought we were done with that shit.

Spoiler
I even remember posting a trick using those useless cards you get in steam to get a free upgrade

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info