Wind and Thunder

Hello. I have killed 7 Rare Galvanic Ribbons in a Temple map. Yes I am Sure they were galvanic ribbons and not the volatile one. No Windripper drop yet. Is this prophecy bugged?
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2016, 8:31:31 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
There's been a few posts about this already. From what I have seen, it appears to be bugged. Hartlin or another staffer may come in and say otherwise though after testing it. (I haven't played this league - Perandus burnout - so I can't say for certain).
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
I'm scared to even reply to this because it sounds like I'm saying "you're wrong", but that isn't the intent!

That said, I gave this another test locally. While the Galvanic Ribbon spawn can be fairly rare, it does spawn naturally. What I suspect may be occurring is you're encountering a Voltaic Guardian, which looks very similar (if not identical) to a Galvanic Ribbon.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Galvanic_Ribbon - You're looking for this guy
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voltaic_Guardian - This guy looks very similar, but doesn't count!

I wish I could just say "Yeah, this is bugged.", but everything with this prophecy seems to be functioning correctly.

If you take a look at that image, could you tell which one is a Galvanic Ribbon and which one is a Voltaic Guardian? When you're fighting a rare mob, it gets a special name, so you can't easily confirm that it's the correct mob for the prophecy.

This is what is creating the confusion among players. Hopefully that image helps clear things up a bit!
I'm in the same situation, having killed both Voltaxic and Galvanic rares with no rare item drop.
I've had kills in both the Temple and the Wates Pool.
Heh I've took a break since after week 1 of league..

Came back still have this prophecy since I go it..

I've ran 9 Shrines, 3 Olmec's, and prob wasted over 23 temple maps..

Now with temple maps it's just a pain in the ass just to get the right mob tile-set for some reason... (and no NOT rolling mob variety on the map to cut down on it changing tile-set)

This is frustrating to say the least..

1) mob was never on maps to begin with until it was changed in a recent patch..
2) mob spawn rate is low due to ever changing random tile-sets of mobs
3) what the hell really is different between a Voltaxic and Galvanic anyhow? I've compared normal galvanic's to voltaxic's and i'm not seeing much of a difference.

If this was on the Voltaxic base mob rather than a Galvanic this would make this prophecy better. Cause even if u did get Voltaxic in map it still has a low chance to be rare even if u roll nemesis on map.

GGG need to adjust the spawn rate of this mob or make it both Galvanic's and Voltaxic's.

True story I've had 3 jeweler touch prophecy's and 5 teller ones complete and this one is still active.. LOL.. (Did not buy either of the prophecy's)

I bet if we had timers on prophecy Wind and Thunder might be the longest prophecy that rots in the deadpool..

If there is a Hell! I'll see you there!
Here's my experience with this prophecy, i had 3 maps which spawned galvanic ribbons , but not once did a rare spawn.

Is there a chance that even though galvanic ribbons can now spawn in maps, its not possible for a rare galvanic ribbon to spawn?
"
DLKY wrote:
Here's my experience with this prophecy, i had 3 maps which spawned galvanic ribbons , but not once did a rare spawn.

Is there a chance that even though galvanic ribbons can now spawn in maps, its not possible for a rare galvanic ribbon to spawn?

When they changed it.. Galvanic wasn't in maps... Now they added it however..... good luck with A) either getting the damn thing to spawn.. B) getting a rare on top of that to spawn..

I finally gave up and got a ripper off poe.trade and used it as a skin.. for 10c..

This Prophecy is one of the worst for time completion once you get it.. It has to be longest standing one without a doubt that don't get completed. (Maybe just maybe new merc chars that got queen one is longer)

@ Hartlin_GGG That picture don't show us anything we don't really already know. Can you try this on Current Live servers and see what we are facing? I mean I know you can spawn anything in your own build to test but this gives us nothing what you showed us.

Last edited by Necx on Jun 29, 2016, 5:13:33 PM
"
Necx wrote:

@ Hartlin_GGG That picture don't show us anything we don't really already know. Can you try this on Current Live servers and see what we are facing? I mean I know you can spawn anything in your own build to test but this gives us nothing what you showed us.

Hey there, the picture wasn't meant to show anyone something they didn't already know, it was simply to illustrate that there is another variation of this monster that looks identical and uses the same skills. We've taken steps to alleviate this problem locally, which should be deployed in a future patch.

In the times that I've tested this, I've done it in a manner that a regular player would. I've entered maps via the map device, explored around the map killing things like any normal player would, and completed the prophecy legitimately.

All that said, I will pass along the feedback about this prophecy feeling too frustrating to complete - your feedback isn't falling on deaf ears!
Thank you for the reply and passing this along.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info