[2.3] Thundercane: Mjolner Uber Atziri Farmer

"
JohnEWalker wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for asking yet another question, but would frost blades be a stronger gem than lightning strike for clearing maps?

Thanks!

Frost Blades arent a spell and even if they were a spell its not lightning type so Mjolner wont fire that.

Good to have you back Dimensi0n. Take a look at my 2.3 Mjolner guide, maybe you will find some ideas worth implementing in your build aswell.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jun 26, 2016, 4:34:08 AM
I meant replacing the lightning strike on the kingsguard. Theyre both melee attacks with secondary projectiles, but the frost blades secondary will target enemies while lightning strike will hit only in straight lines behind the enemy
The two gems have the same projectiles and all, both projectiles actually chain and target enemies after they land as well. With lightning strike, it shoots out all the projectiles when you attack with it and if one of those projectiles hits an enemy, it chains and targets another enemy nearby. This is the same with frost blades, except that frost blades has a minor tweak to it. Frost blades only unleashes all of its projectiles if that first "frost blade" hits. Assuming that you always hit the first frost blade, it has the same effect as lightning strike (shoots out all projectiles in a cone). The only problem is that the first frost blade has a very small range and its only one blade. But yes, you can technically replace lightning strike with frost blade because they do the same thing (same projectiles and both chain), but lightning strike has the edge because it has an extremely larger range and is easier to hit with. In the end, it's a preference issue and if frost blade works for you, then by all means go for it! I personally enjoy lightning strike.
Hey, just a quick question, i feel my damage is a bit low, even whit 20/20 discharge and q20 on the gems you recomend. how long shuld i take to kill uber lab boss? etc seems a bit low on boss fights

Any advice?

Survival is super tho, and normal maps is fast and good, wounder if im doing something wrong on bossfights, or if im missing some vital part :)
Last edited by Furywrath on Jun 27, 2016, 4:57:16 PM
The final boss should take you no more than 10 seconds (depending on your party size). It takes me 10 seconds on a party of 2 for Final Izaro and even less when I go solo. Are you using molten strike? Can you link your gear and gems so I can have a look?
Last edited by Chatframe on Jun 27, 2016, 7:34:53 PM
hey, yea shure, im only lev 74, but if im not mistaken most of my passives til lev 90 are defensive ones. And its PSC so not legacy mjølner. but still spent 10+ mins fighting him at uber.

just upgraded my belt to
Last edited by Furywrath on Jun 28, 2016, 12:27:38 PM
a legacy based build guide in 2.3? lol. no offense but nobody really cares bout this.
"
a legacy based build guide in 2.3? lol. no offense but nobody really cares bout this.

Well i belive he is saying it works just fine wo legacy mjølner :) And the build in it self is realy fun and tanky, if i can figure out what im lacking for my dps this will be one hell of a strong build :)
Maybe you are having mana problems. Do you have a +2 mana gain on hit jewel? Are you noticing that Discharge is always on screen getting proc'd ridiculously fast? Also do you have Unreleneting? You need it for 9 perms charges. If none of that seems to be a problem, record your gameplay on Uber Lab and I can figure out what the problem is.
Yea things are sorting them self. +2 mana on hit helped a lot. Also uppgraded boots to
So 10 end charges now. Got some atk speed gems and leveld support skills some more. Its getting fast. Il test a uber lab to night, and see about kill time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info