Put Ascendency points as a reward for defeating Malachai.

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
I understand how movement speed and regen can help with traps, I want to know why I keep seeing people talk about armor and %phys reduction like they can help with traps.

Floor spike traps are laughable with high armor and physical reductions and do like no damage at all, you also regen it all back before stun ends with a good HP regen.
Last edited by Raudram on Jul 20, 2016, 4:54:19 PM
"
"
sidtherat wrote:
lab is EASY to learn. it is mechanically easy, there are no surprise mofo - here is 2000hp/s degen just under your feet!

Malachai fight is a clusterf.. of gfx vomit and dubious gameplay design choices

i bet there is a much higher risk of stupid death when fighting Mala than Uber Izi (im not talking about traps because dying to traps is just playing stupid - L2P issue)

btw - no TP k? no TP and no chicken-logout? if logged out - then Harvest it is, again, from the start. still sounds better than ~8min zap trough Lab?

This post was not about lab being easy or not. It was about an alternative.

You said dying to traps is playing stupid, well, good for you.

What is easy to some is not to others. And being easy doesn't necessarily mean desirable. In what concerns arcade skills, back in the day, I played a lot of arcade games, from r-type to turrican. If I wanted I could still be playing that kind of games.

So from your personal experience, what you recommend?

1- level another build in HC till lvl 70 aprox to have another go at some uber trial? And keed doing that until it gets "easier"?

2- go learn patterns in SC, then return to HC and level another build (and pray some lag/rubberbanding doesn´t kill my build)?

3- play SC only?

3- some other option?

You have your opinion, others have theirs. I dont speak for anyone but be, so my opinion counts little to nothig. What is best for POE time will tell.
Mine is that traps are ruining POE, the uber ones in particular. Any alternative that takes them away is valid, either Malachai, Lab with Izaro, not traps or some other boss is ok.

+1
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
"
Uber trials, man! Thats what I wrote.
Last league (Perandus) I had leveled a build to lvl 89. It ripped at lvl 89, but did all trials ok). There were NO UBER TRIALS LAST LEAGUE.

Going blind into ubers on HC would be scary and stupid. If I'd play HC this time, I'd first go learn Uber trials in Std. And in HC I play builds with strong regen and lots of armor which can speed through trap gauntlets, instead of glass cannons that get twoshot by spikes.

I see people talking about armor and phys reduction a lot in regard to passing traps easier, but my understanding is that nothing in the game will mitigate trap damage - they take a set percentage of your health per unit time in contact with the trap no matter what.

Am I misinformed about that mechanic?

Armour does not help with the physical degen dmg most traps do but Phys% Reduction does.
These are different things. The easiest way to get Phys% reduction is with Endurance charges, one or two points on the tree work as well

When I am Running my guardian spec which runs 10 auras, Gets phys reduction and zealots Oath ES regen from every aura, also has 7 endurance charges and other regen from tree/vitality/gear I can literally sit in traps and be fine.
"
Turtledove wrote:
Sorry but your statements do not seem to reflect the reality of the situation. If traps are so wonderfully balanced already across the huge spectrum of build types then why are certain builds so heavily represented in the first few pages of the labyrinth ladders and others rarely show up?

For fun I looked through the prophecy labyrinth end game ladder for Elementalist and Necromancer. The first Elementalist shows up on page 6 and the first Necromancer shows up on page 18. Meanwhile, something close to half of the entries are for Juggernauts then maybe close to a quarter are Pathfinder. Movement speed and life regen rule the labyrinth, builds with little of those two attributes are second class citizens, at best, Necromancers are more like fifth class citizens, which puts them well into the labyrinth shitizens category. :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Sorry but your statements do not seem to reflect the reality of the situation. If traps are so wonderfully balanced already across the huge spectrum of build types then why are certain builds so heavily represented in the first few pages of the labyrinth ladders and others rarely show up?

For fun I looked through the prophecy labyrinth end game ladder for Elementalist and Necromancer. The first Elementalist shows up on page 6 and the first Necromancer shows up on page 18. Meanwhile, something close to half of the entries are for Juggernauts then maybe close to a quarter are Pathfinder. Movement speed and life regen rule the labyrinth, builds with little of those two attributes are second class citizens, at best, Necromancers are more like fifth class citizens, which puts them well into the labyrinth shitizens category. :-)

I'd say builds that are pathfinder most likely don't have life regen (because they have VP for instant leech), but they make up for it somewhat by having faster movement speed and flask that will auto refill.

lets also consider for a fact people don't really try to optimize their builds for running the lab fast, unless that is what they want to do, so elementalist or whatever class you want to pick is going to fall behind people that specifically build for the challenge.

Anyone can use phase run, blink arrow, leap slam or whatever movement abilities you want, in terms of raw movement speed, its always nice, but utilizing movement skills that dont care much about MS can also be beneficial.

Don't forget the whole people just copy what someone else does, last league the lab runners were dominated by like champions I think, because fortify works against some of the traps.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Guys, the biggest factor for speedrunning is being able to oneshot Izaro, traps are irrelevant and a non issue.
"
sidtherat wrote:

this is all talk in vein as the chances of ggg bowing to you two and few other guys repating the same stuff 10s of times is less than slim

Yeah. When people complained about free4all loot, GGG also didn't give in and never added a permanent allocation for items.... OH SHIT, they did! So yes, reasonable complains are heard by GGG and are taken care of if the time is right. And I think at some point GGG will add an alternative way to get the AC points.
If GGG adds an alternative way to get ascendency points it will most likely be attached to something that is not even in the game yet. Act 5 maybe? Something that is currently in development that we players do not know about yet. Odds are the labyrinth will still be the easier and quicker choice for ascending.

Personally I would rather they just make the lab more fun.

Spoiler
Town portals! They're great! I vote for being able to use them. I like going to town.
"
SudianX wrote:
If GGG adds an alternative way to get ascendency points it will most likely be attached to something that is not even in the game yet. Act 5 maybe? Something that is currently in development that we players do not know about yet. Odds are the labyrinth will still be the easier and quicker choice for ascending.

Spoiler
Town portals! They're great! I vote for being able to use them. I like going to town.

It isn't logical to use town portals because they trivialize all aspects of the layout encounters, out of life pots, just TP out and refill, at the last boss fight, just tp in more people to get enchantments. See why its a problem?

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
SudianX wrote:

Spoiler

It isn't logical to use town portals because they trivialize all aspects of the layout encounters, out of life pots, just TP out and refill, at the last boss fight, just tp in more people to get enchantments. See why its a problem?

No one is saying they can't do what they want. No one is saying all the people that quit will come back either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info