HiltLess CWDT Berserker Build. I Hurt Myself today.. To proc my CWDT...

After finishing uber lab I would recommend getting Savagery sooner. With the 100% leech you can stay alive forever unless you get one shot, but without it if your dps is low you'll run out of flasks when you take big spike damage. If you need a way to set off savagery for a boss start or reflect mob/map use a doedres elixir to self damage.
Last edited by _KaOtiC_ on Sep 25, 2016, 5:49:15 AM
"
hypocraties wrote:
Trying out this build, heres my current guy:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAQHcBLMFLQmWDc0OPBQgFE0UcRiRGS4aOBo-HM4hkCQ3Jy8n7So4Kk0rUDWSOQ46UjrYOuE8BT0PPfw_J0d-SshN41BHUUxYY18_X7Bf0GVNaPJuqm87b5507Xasd-N35XgNeHp5aHrvfLt9W331ggeExYTZhO-FUodqjM-QVZd5m7WiAKZXqSepbqmUrEetja9sr6e18ryfvTa-p78IwBrAZsEEwzrEFcT2xYrG2MpKz37Yvdlh2XzaweRR6hDqGOsJ7w7vfPAf8i_2SPhf-Ov8S_5U_o8=

I dont have uber lab done yet so bosses are still kinda hard i end up running out of flasks and cant out-leech many of them, but im doing t6-7s right now.

I didnt have enough respec points to change my guy completely but i think my build got fairly close

these are my items so far not sure what i need to change... What should my first upgrade be?

Swap either gloves or helm 4Ls to boots and use one similar to these two for your 4L cwdt.
"
SteamHämmer wrote:

Never use fortify on cyclone unless you are on hard bosses that can oneshot you or really rippy maps, it lower your clear speed by tenfold

Carcass jack increase the aoe and damage of your cyclone and spells, belly gives you armour and Armour makes you reflect less to yourself

Btw you should change your belt assap, something rare with life ress and flask bonus should be bis unless im missing some new essence shit i havent played yet.
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Last edited by JohnOldman on Sep 25, 2016, 3:12:46 PM
nevermind just saw that savagery only procs off of life not energy shield so can't be done.
Last edited by _KaOtiC_ on Sep 26, 2016, 5:09:06 PM
Why do you use Fortify w/ Scold's? Won't that require more fevered mind jewels to trigger Cloaked?
"
MisterSmyth wrote:
Why do you use Fortify w/ Scold's? Won't that require more fevered mind jewels to trigger Cloaked?

Because you lose more life from helmet being 0 life vs a rare with up to 90 odd, lots of 5-7% life jewels change to fevered mind and it becomes very easy to die due to the amount of self damage you can do so quickly. It also pumps out so much more dps that you are better off being safer from one shots with fortify then without it.
I want to thanks JohnOldman again for this build ! In the Scold's Bridle version, I just beat Core Dual-Boss / Tri-Curse / 2 mobs res +80% / 3 endurance charge alone (guys in party weren't there during the whole map) !

The proof :

Very great build !!
Last edited by Les_Larmes_du_Styx on Oct 2, 2016, 6:41:49 PM
Testing scolds right now with 2 fevered mind and a 6 link sword(Cyclone+faster attack+fortify+Melee Physical+Conc effect+Weapon elemental damage=303mana cost) I'm able to produce savagery on 6778hp. This setup makes me do 1670 self damage without fortify with only 6% reduction via armor, so after fortify 1670-20%=1336(if the reductions are combined 1670+6%(my armor) then minus 26% it will be 1309). 6778-5676(85%)=1102 self damage required to proc savagery. This leaves me a good 200+ damage wiggle room for leveling up hp gains etc.

Think I will cap my cwdt gems at level 16 2394 damage taken so they go off every second cyclone, Ill test some level 20 gems too and see what feels better I think more casts is a bit safer as it will leech more often for me.
Last edited by _KaOtiC_ on Oct 4, 2016, 1:16:01 PM
"
I want to thanks JohnOldman again for this build ! In the Scold's Bridle version, I just beat Core Dual-Boss / Tri-Curse / 2 mobs res +80% / 3 endurance charge alone (guys in party weren't there during the whole map) !

The proof :

Very great build !!

Glad to see there are people enjoying the build ^_^
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
"
JohnOldman wrote:

;-)

New challenges done (still with 2 5L) :

- Kill Abaxoth on T13 with Vulnerability / Temporal Chain and -16 max res (easy one ^_^)

- Kill All the Guardians of the Void

\o/

Tips for the Guardians : reflect elem "Mirrored" blue map is your friend / classic build with max life is better for the Minotaur - damage are so high, you'll be on "Cloak in savagery mode" all the time !

Next challenge (I would like to 6L my Carcass before trying it...) :

- The Shaper

"
"
JohnOldman wrote:

;-)

New challenges done (still with 2 5L) :

- Kill Abaxoth on T13 with Vulnerability / Temporal Chain and -16 max res (easy one ^_^)

- Kill All the Guardians of the Void

\o/

Tips for the Guardians : reflect elem "Mirrored" blue map is your friend / classic build with max life is better for the Minotaur - damage are so high, you'll be on "Cloak in savagery mode" all the time !

Next challenge (I would like to 6L my Carcass before trying it...) :

- The Shaper

Nice, I just converted to scolds working nicely didn't try bosses yet. I'll link my gear and some observations and things I'm doing differently (my tree is much different also).
I was just testing to wear belly of the beast to keep 7500-8000life but it seems there is a bug with armor damage reduction and savagery procing. I was well past the 15% self damage required but savagery refuses to go off when fortify is up when I have belly of the beast on or another armor with 500 base, I'm taking 150 damage past the 15% required so there has to be a bug.
Last edited by _KaOtiC_ on Oct 6, 2016, 12:52:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info