HiltLess CWDT Berserker Build. I Hurt Myself today.. To proc my CWDT...

Based on your testing, do you thnk the phys version is better, I would guess so as any phys scalling can help?

With the new supports you could run Ruthless and/or Maim in cyclone for more single target dps. Ruthlessness has mana multiplier (110 vs 120) and might be better than added fire for cyclone. Maim could also be better than hypothermia as it will increase the dps of cyclone & chest set up. Get 30% more phys + 14% increased damage taken. As well as having another lower mana multiplier of 115 vs 120. Also the quality bonuses one both are better giving even more dps.

Edit: Do you think adding additional accuracy would be good or just a wasted socket. Get more hits to trigger more often, but then lose on a dps link in the set up. Could also go for RT but that would lose 8 or so points to stretch there which might make up for the dps change.
Last edited by morinr on Jul 27, 2017, 10:33:47 AM
I have played a phys only cycloner to level 85 on a slayer (non VP) and a level 91 on a berserker (VP)

This build has incredible clear speed and can deal with a variety of map mods with ease, i feel the damage on bosses T12+ however is lacklustre and quite weak.

My plan is to play a phys cyclone chieftain until i can afford a Ngamahu's - then I will swap over to the cookie cutter Nga build.

Happy to answer and questions relating to my play on the beta.
IGN Beastiary AwGeezRick
Hi guys. I wonder if new Dark Pact is viable for this build? Any thoughts?

Gem description from patch notes and reddit datamine

"
Added a new Intelligence Skill Gem - Dark Pact: Sacrifice a portion of your skeleton minion's life to deal chaos damage in an area around it. This effect will chain to your other nearby skeletons. If you control no skeletons in the targeted area, you will sacrifice a portion of your own life and deal greater chaos damage in a larger area.

Last edited by Archan111 on Aug 2, 2017, 6:09:09 AM
"
Archan111 wrote:
Hi guys. I wonder if new Dark Pact is viable for this build? Any thoughts?

To quote Bex, from the skill preview post :
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
The skill doesn't do damage to you or your skeletons, it instead instantly removes life, so the skill does not work with Cast when Damage Taken and other self-damage setups and cannot be mitigated. Instead, the caster must use leech or other forms of life recovery to sustain their own life when used on themselves, or resummon their skeletons if they die.

So if you planned to use Dark Pact to proc your CwDT, it won't work.
And if you were talking about using it as a damage source, I don't think it will be very usefull, considering the life sacrificed each cast. But I'm no theoricrafter, so I may be wrong here.
Thanks for notice about this quote. So gem isn't that powerful as i thought :D
Also, as for the damage source - life sacrifice seems not a problem with this build(cloaked in savagery ascendancy talent) O_o
well, with an internal cooldown of 250ms, cwdt will proc 4 times each sec, which will translate in a 24% life paid each sec (if the life paid is the same for the player and the skeletons).
If nothing proc Cloaked (remeber, you have to take a savage hit for it to proc) then you will see your life drain in a flash.

Also, there are 2 versions of the build at the moment.
Elem version use Ele Overload to boost the cwdt set ups, and Dark Pact damage will not benefit from it, so I think it won't be a good choise for it.
Physical version use some increased physical nodes and added fire damage support gem to scale the cwdt set up damage, so here too, the chaos damage from Dark Pact won't benefit.

If you really want to use Dark Pact, you would need to change some nodes in the tree and the spells used in the main (torso) cwdt set up to better work with dark pact/chaos damage. It may work, and even be good, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to make a guess at the build right now.

Hope you can make it work if you really want to try that spell.
Have a nice game.
Last edited by Atori on Aug 2, 2017, 7:17:28 AM
Well, since i was curious about it, I quickly went and checked some things to make a chaos version of the build.

There are very few chaos spell that could work with CwDT (I believe channeled spells wont work with it, feel free to correct me).

So we only have left :
Essence drain
Wither
Contagion
Dark Pact
Desecrate

The only real damage dealer here are Dark Pact and Essence drain. Desecrate and Wither have really low damage, so the only spell left to complete our 3 spells cwdt set up is Contagion, which damage is nothing to write home about, but it will help in aoe situation by spreading ED.

So the set up could be :
CwDT > Dark Pact > ED > Contagion > Controlled Destruction > Void Manipulation

For the cyclone set up :
Cyclone > Faster attack > a mix of added chaos damage/Decay/Vile toxin/Poison/Lesser Poison/inc AoE

For the tree, remove Force Shaper and either go for Atrophy (max chaos damage) or Method to the Madness (Chaos damage + Chaos resist).

If anyone have any more ideas, feel free to share.
Last edited by Atori on Aug 2, 2017, 8:24:35 AM
Don't think it would be worth investing in chaos skills. I would personally just doing the phys version I am thinking of doing this as my league starter. Not too expensive and can tank most of the game with the life leech of bezerker.
Thanks for the build, could you update the passive tree for 3.0 or is there some video that shows the passive tree?
"
Thanks for the build, could you update the passive tree for 3.0 or is there some video that shows the passive tree?

Hi, here are the 2 trees in 3.0 :

Physical :
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHcBx4I9A5ID6sRLxGWFCAV7Ra_FukhkCLiIuoi9CQ3JIsmlSo4Kk0rCiycMZ4yATWSNj064T1fPfw_J0d-R-JJUUmxSshLV03jUEdRTFJTVL1VS1WFWGNcQF3yXz9fsF_QYeJh62KsZU1qQ2wLbIxtGW6qbztvnnX9d-N4DXloelN7jHvDfVt_xoMJhG-ExYTZh2qKr4w2jM-P-pARkyeVLpaLl5WX9JhXm7WdqqEvpDmly6ZXqW6plKxHshm1SLXyvOq9Nr6Kvqe_CMAawOPBBMM6xtjKSs961ELVudfP2L3kUeoQ62PvDu-I8NXxs_JF9kj4X_k3_gr-jw==

Elem :
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHcBAcI9A-rES8UIBa_HwIi4iLqIvQkiyaVKjgqTSycMZ4yATWSNj02xTpYOuE9Xz38PydHfkfiSbFKyEtXTLNN41BCUEdRTFJTUzVVS1WFVcZWSFhjXz9fsGHiYetirGVNakNsC2yMbRltbG6qbztvnnfjeA15aHpTe4x7w31bgwmD24TFhNmHaoqvivCMNozPkBGTJ5eVl_SbtZ2qoS-kOaXLplepbqmUrEeyGbVItfK86r02voq-p8AawOPBBMM6xILG2MpKypDPetAf18_YJNi95FHpRutj7w7viO_r8bPyRfZI-Tf-Cv6P

The only changes are in the witch starting area, where the %life + %mana moved a bit and lost 1 node (we go from 20% life + 28% mana [4 passives] to 18% life + 28% mana [3 passives]). With the left over point, we can grab Occultist's dominion (16% spell damage & 20 intelligence).

Mind you, that's my take on the update, trying to stay identical to the previous trees. There may have been other changes elsewhere in the tree that may be more optimal in 3.0.

Have fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info