[2.3] Fire EK Berserker (300k+ dps peak with chain, Vaal Pact, cheap to get started, now with video)

You're unlucky, really :/
I don't think reserving too much mana is a good idea, EK is expensive and you can only leech 20% of your max mana per second.
Last edited by Noisnamalark on Jun 20, 2016, 11:12:20 PM
I love the idea behind your build, but I always feel so naked without life regen! I wonder if there's a worthwhile way to make this as a Juggernaut with Blood Magic? You wouldn't have to worry about mana, physical damage, stun, freeze/chilled ground, or Temporal Chains, and life (and regen) would be very high. Kaom's Way and Essence Worm (with Arctic Armour or Haste) for rings. My biggest concerns would be low intelligence early on and generally low damage and dexterity. You'd have to avoid elemental reflect maps, but everything else should be doable. Maybe something like this:

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Aug 25, 2016, 2:34:04 PM
Is this build still viable in 2.4? I have thought about dropping few mana cost nodes for 100 mana cost+kitava's thirst perma IC and for example arc with curse on hit for second curse or to drop the blasphemy for something nicer.
Hi! I unknowingly made a similar build. I also had the idea to combo Roth's Reach + The Signal Fire, and I also use Kaom's Heart. But I focused a lot more on defenses and life than on damage in my build, and made it a Chieftain. It's also an Iron Will build. Currently playing in Essence with 7.2k life, a ton of regen and around 30k DPS. It'll reach around 8k life and maybe 60k DPS in the end, I believe.

I was going to make a guide and then saw yours posted :P. But maybe I'll still make my guide as I took a consideranly different approach. If I do so I'll mention your build in it.

Are you playing with this build in the Essence league?

Have fun!
Last edited by Rhoa_Power on Sep 19, 2016, 3:37:27 PM
I would like to ask, if it's a good idea in 2.4 too? I love EK and this build looks nice.

And how about to put an lv3 Empower in the 6L Chain? Isn't it a better idea than add fire dmg? The outcome would be higher imo.
I skilled my Maru today for this build and I actually love it! Thanks!
It's one of best builds I had so far. You should really update it to 2.4.

In general I see no big difference. The Skill-Tree is the same.
Last edited by Eisbehr on Sep 30, 2016, 8:47:00 AM
Played this build until 88 so far. Pretty high DPS. Without buffs I got ~180k, with buffs up to 460k. It has a pretty fast clearing speed and makes a lot of fun.

The only problem is the health or resistances. The regeneration and leach is damn good. One hit onto a monster and I'm fully charged. But if I got a hit I'm often instantly down on bosses. I got good resistances IMO and good gear. But I'm not sure how to improve this ...
Last edited by Eisbehr on Oct 9, 2016, 6:37:54 PM
Still love this build! lv91 for now.
I hope the build is still viable in 2.5. We will see ..
Will this build still be viable for 2.5?

Provably the Xoph'ethakk's Heart will be very interesting and might change a lot the tree, if you don't need to reach Avatar of Fire :/

Also:

"
Cover Enemies in Ash when they Hit you: Enemies that hit you are inflicted with an Ash debuff that causes them to take increased fire damage taken and have less movement speed.

Do you plan to update the guide? (Even if it's just theorycrafting at this point). Anyone is going to try this build with the amulet and a new tree? is the amulet even worth to use?
Last edited by Visca on Nov 30, 2016, 12:13:00 PM
The build is still as viable as before!
If'e compared my stats before and after patch and there is no change at all! So feel free to use this build, it's still great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info