[2.3] Vanilla's Juggernaut Burning Prolif Discharge Build (10 End Charges)

"
hokieneer wrote:
So wanted to update on my build. I've lvl 87 and almost 88 and still rolling stuff. I seem to be RNG capped on tier10 maps for now, haven't had a single drop above that, but those haven't been much issue. I figured out I could reliably farm the uber lab, 4 full keys, as well with this build. Do have to watch some of the phases and not be stupid (he one shotted me yesterday because I thought I could tank the slam with + extra ele dmg + cursed with vulnerably, but I was wrong). I am running RF in a weapon swap with RoTP to burn down bosses, with my OoS debuff going as well. Only really had to pull it out for Izaro so far, most other map bosses I've been able to just burn down with the 1-2 discharges.

Yeah, any day where elemental damage is one of the Phases (Idols / Conduits / Essences
) make it extremely sketchy. I tend to avoid those days since I'm playing in PHC. For days where only his Phys is buffed, that's an easy day, since you can use Endurance Charges / IC to be immune to it.

"
hokieneer wrote:
I 6L my staff and added empower in it. I tried the Increased AOE/conc effect swap but it didn't offer me much. The standard AOE is plenty enough for clearing maps, and if you AOE too much you don't apply warlord's mark and lose out on that valuable leech. I had some slight mana regen issues if you discharge into a small pack with a 6L, so I bought a neck with some good mana regen on it. Probably wouldn't hurt to get some more mana regen on the tree and or jewels.

Interesting. Thanks for the test, I'll update the build guide with this information. And yeah, I guess if you're getting the Templar and Witch AoE nodes, there's plenty of AoE enough.

"
hokieneer wrote:
I dropped the +1 curse in favor of using the points for EE and extra Jewels/life. The OoS to proc EO and EE is amazing for bosses. I throw the orb out once every 8 seconds to keep the buff going. The EE debuff isn't need for 90% of the content so far, even after the discharge they still burn down. If a rare stays up after the discharge, I"ll throw the orb out for the -50% debuff for the burn and move on. For bosses I throw the Orb out before the discharge for the extra dmg. Another tool is to actually lightning warp into a pack, thus debuffing most of them before the discharge.

Yup, I've had some people who are playing my build PM me saying it's a strong alternative. I suspect it'll come very handy when you start tackling harder content like T11+ Maps. Even Uber Izaro with certain buffs can get quite tanky, so all the debuffing greatly helps.

"
hokieneer wrote:
Sitting at 6K life right now. Only 10K armor in town, but with all end charges up and/or a granite... phys damage is a non issue. And with the high life regen, bleed/choas doesn't scare me much either. Only really scary thing is the high cold/lightning damage.

Sounds about right. I think I had % Life in all of my Jewels so I was mid 6K-ish HP. As for Cold/Lightning damage, absolutely. This is the very reason why Uber Izaro elemental damage is so scary.

For general Mapping, I've had some close calls with Cold/Lightning Bearers, so definitely be on the lookout for those too.

"
hokieneer wrote:
Gear

I have some decent jewels, 2 I bought for not much, 1 I crafted, and 1 gg one I found.
I could get a Better Catalyst, but that one was only 2C on PSC because of the corruption. Wanted to test it out before I invested into it any more.

Looks like your final steps are:
- Getting everything to level 20 or even 21 if you want
- Getting better Life + Res on your Helm/Boots/Gloves so you can swap out the Ring for another Kaom's Way
- Get a non-vaaled Doryani's. 32% Ele Damage implicit will be a great boost to your Flame Surge single target damage
- Get 6-7% Life Jewels with either generic % Damage rolls or % Fire Damage rolls. Expensive though, so its up to you if you wanna craft em or buy em.

"
hokieneer wrote:
Tree

Looks good. I see a few changes for a SC variant of the build and I like it, especially the Duelist's area. What are your next 3-5 points going towards?
^

I haven't decided yet where I'm moving to. I feel like my damage is fine with 14 charges, EO, EE and a lvl 26 discharge. I'm at work, but when I get home I'll take a screen shot of the tooltip DPS. The staff is so strong. I'd probably opt for more life/cast speed/AOE at this point.

Overall My options are:

* Just more life from mara/Duelist area
* Blast Radius in witch
* 3 cast speed nodes above EO.
---
* Fire node up from witch
* Ele damage beside EE.

I have thought about respecing the templar area a bit... dropping some spell damage for more efficient path-ing to get a point or 2 for the cast speed and/or the ele damage nodes.

Not sure I like the 6 points into witch for 20% life and some ele res, without going to fire damage / blast radius from that. I mean I can get 18% for 4 nodes just in the mara/delist area and free up 2 points.

Actually, now I think about it, here are my best 2 choices:

* Go on to increased Radius nodes in witch
* spec out of the witch life, pick up life in mara/duelist, and get cast speed above EO. Any left over points from there would go to a 5th jewel or Life/mana regen at templar start.

BTW, hopefully this tree should have my jewels in it:

EDIT screen shots of discharge tooltip DPS with my set up:
Spoiler

6L with lvl 3 empower. 10 Endurage charges + 4 Frenzy Charges

With EO

W/O EO

Last edited by hokieneer on Jul 26, 2016, 11:14:25 PM
"
hokieneer wrote:
^
Spoiler

With EO

W/O EO

Damage looks very nice, but I have a few questions.
1. Is the DPS screenshot with RF?
2. How do you get your frenzy charges?

IGN: TrulyRighteous
Last edited by ArcanePenguin on Jul 28, 2016, 12:18:34 AM
"
ArcanePenguin wrote:
"
hokieneer wrote:
^
Spoiler

With EO

W/O EO

Damage looks very nice, but I have a few questions.
1. Is the DPS screenshot with RF?
2. How do you get your frenzy charges?

1) without RF. I only use that on weapon swap with RoTF for some bosses. It's never active with the discharge. Well accurately, the only bosses I've needed it on so far are Uber Izaro/Argus

2) Blood Rage
"
hokieneer wrote:
Actually, now I think about it, here are my best 2 choices:

* Go on to increased Radius nodes in witch
* spec out of the witch life, pick up life in mara/duelist, and get cast speed above EO. Any left over points from there would go to a 5th jewel or Life/mana regen at templar start.

Yeah, that sounds like a great plan. I do like how you've made a Softcore variant of this build and traded some defense for more offense. Very nice.

Jewels look pretty good too.

---------------------

I recently just hit 36 Challenges so I may retire the League soon after I use up all of my Pale Council sets and Offerings. Will definitely update the build guide once we see the 2.4 goodies in about month. Heck maybe by then I'll have thought up of another interesting build
I tried swapping out Purity of Fire for Flammability and felt it worked decently. Had to get the Whispers of Doom node ofc.
Quick question: Would the fire pen gem linked to discharge apply before flammability or vice versa?
IGN: TrulyRighteous
"
ArcanePenguin wrote:
I tried swapping out Purity of Fire for Flammability and felt it worked decently. Had to get the Whispers of Doom node ofc.
Quick question: Would the fire pen gem linked to discharge apply before flammability or vice versa?

Yeah, that works if you are trying to go for a more offensive approach compared to defensive. PoF is there to help with Reflect and help with gearing.

As for your question, Flammability should be first. IIRC, the order would be:
Cursing mob with Flammability -> mob's Fire Res lowers -> Fire Pen lowers mob's Fire Res even more simultaneously while you're Discharging.
Any thoughts on the changes in 2.4 to the Juggernaut's Unrelenting node(30% chance to get max end charges instead of 100%)?

I was planning on making a similar build to yours for the Essence League, but now I'm not so sure about Juggernaut anymore, and I'm looking at maybe going Chieftain instead.

Big downsides with Chieftain is obviously 1 less max endurance charge. And even with the nerf, the Jugg's Unrelenting node is still more efficient than the Chieftain version of 20% chance to gain 1 endurance charge(Ramako node).

In return, Chieftain have a lot of nice nodes related to fire damage, like life leech and fire pen, as well as some useful totem nodes to help with single target(flame totem).
I play this build in the new league.

What is the difference between armor and life point?

In my opinion, armor is slightly greater than life because I'm using realm ender.

But is it fair enough to do maps and labs with endurance charges?
Is this build still viable in HC with the change to the juggernaut node?
Last edited by VoltaireG on Oct 2, 2016, 8:40:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info