[2.3] Vanilla's Juggernaut Burning Prolif Discharge Build (10 End Charges)

This is my very first build guide, so please be gentle =P. Let me know if I'm missing anything and I'll gladly update this post. This build was made for Prophecy HC, but I have included a section for Softcore at the bottom with some changes.

Current Status: Level 90 PHC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Read First
Spoiler
When I first saw the Unrelenting node get buffed, I immediately thought of a Discharge build. What made me opt for the Burning Prolif variant was how Kripp made it very popular back in the day. Thus, this build was born. And to clarify, this is HC-viable. I am playing this build in HC Prophecy right now.

I also just want to explicitly say that not everything is 100% optimized / min-maxed. There are different ways to approach this build, and everything I will be saying is just one of the possibilities to achieve that. You may alter some things and make it worse. You may make it better. Both are completely fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction / Playstyle
Spoiler
This build heavily relies on the Juggernaut's Unrelenting node. It states that if you are to gain an Endurance Charge, you instead gain your maximum amount of Endurance Charges.

There are three main ways you generate Charges, ordered from more prevalent to less prevalent:
- 1) You run Warlord's Mark + Blasphemy, such that you gain Endurance Charges as cursed enemies are killed. What this means for Discharge is that you can discharge with 10 Endurance Charges on a pack of monsters, and immediately have 10 Endurance Charges and ready to discharge again after you've killed that pack due to Juggernaut's Unrelenting node
- 2) Enduring Cry. Pretty straight-forward. You cast it once and are at maximum Endurance Charges
- 3) Juggernaut's Unflinching node grants a 20% chance to grant an Endurance Charge when hit. Paired with Unrelenting, you get your maximum amount of Endurance Charges once this procs.

The playstyle is quite simple:
- 1) You begin by ECing a pack to generate max Endurance Charges
- 2) You discharge and let the burning prolif do its thing
- 3) You will be triggering Blasphemied Warlord's Mark's effect, giving you maximum Endurance Charges once again. You use Flame Surge to dispatch stragglers/Rares that are ignited
- 4) You sprint to the next pack and repeat, ensuring you kill at least 2-3 mobs every time you discharge, to have a near-infinite supply of Endurance Charges.
- 5) For single-target bosses, you will take out IC and weapon swap to Singularity + ROTP. Turn on RF, and begin to destroy the boss with RF. You need to ensure that you have max endurance charges up at all times during the boss fight, as that allows you to easily sustain RF.

I have cleared T12 Maps quite easily with this. I suspect this can go into the T13s and T14s.

Uber (Endgame) Labyrinth
Spoiler
This build is definitely Uber Labyrinth farmable. Just weapon swap to Singularity + ROTP and melt Izaro with RF + Flame Surge while dodging his big telegraphed hits. The most I get hit for is 2-ish K while I have full Endurance Charges up.

Certain builds go with the high-uptime of IC, but I prefer to keep all EC up just in case of the tiny window where IC may be down and you get hit by Izaro. It's certainly working for me so far.

Screenshot of clear:

Videos / Screenshots
Spoiler
Merc Dried Lake run <1min. Proof-of-Concept video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRDqmkrSMSA

T8 Canyon run 2 minutes. More demonstration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo4_gP1_Ab4

T9 Gorge run 3 minutes. Could've been done faster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRqVuNHUIKw

T10 Plateau run 3 minutes. Had to backtrack a little
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O803A1r7TuM

Will post a video of myself doing a T12/T13 run once I get a decent pool size of them in HC Prophecy.

Character Defense Sheet (10 End Charge + Granite)

Discharge Tooltip and Description

Flame Surge Tooltip and Description

Skill Gem Linkages
Spoiler
Discharge + Chance to Ignite + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Proliferation + Fire Penetration + Empower (Level 2/3)

Flame Surge + Controlled Destruction + Concentrated Effect + Fire Penetration

Purity of Fire
Warlord's Mark + Blasphemy

Enduring Cry + Increased Duration

Lightning Warp + Less Duration (if wand)
OR
Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks (if dagger)
OR
Shield Charge + Fortify (if sceptre)

Summon Fire Golem (can be Chaos or Stone Golem too)

Socketed in Singularity or ROTP:
Righteous Fire + Elemental Focus + Increased Burning Damage

Socketed in Wand or Shield:
Cast When Taken Taken + Immortal Call
(This ensures that when you weapon swap to Singularity+ROTP, you will not have CWDT+IC active, which is crucial because you want 100% uptime of your Endurance Charges. If CWDT+IC "steals" your Endurance Charges, you are susceptible in getting absolutely rekt during the downtime.)
---------------------------------

For the rest of the empty gem slots, you can fill it in with gems that would better support your character during that time.

Quality on Gems
Spoiler
Having a high quality Discharge is a nice bonus, but not mandatory due to the proliferation of the burn.

If you are wanting quality, the priority would go:
- 1) Discharge
- 2) Fire Pen
- 3) Warlord's Mark / Blasphemy
- 4) Elemental Prolif
- 5) Flame Surge
- 6) etc

Level 20 -> 20q Level 1 Recipe
Spoiler
Upon your gems hitting Level 20, the list of gems that are heavily recommended to do the recipe ASAP are:
- Less Duration
- Blasphemy
- Warlord's Mark
- Increased Burning Damage
- Enduring Cry
- Increased Duration

All of these will provide equal or greater value/power after re-leveling the quality'd gem to like level 10ish.

If you are leveling multiple copies of a particular gem (ex. Discharge), you can use the recipe on one of them and switch to a level 18-19 one in the mean time while the 20q Discharge levels up to an appropriate level to switch back.

Passive Skill Tree
Spoiler
This is my Passive Skill Tree at level 90.
http://tinyurl.com/z8kkdz2

My next 5 points are for Heart and Soul. Subject to change.

Ascendancy Nodes
Spoiler
Normal = Unflinching (+1 End Charge + Chance to gain one when Hit)
Cruel = Unrelenting (Incr Dmg Per End Charge + Max End Charges)
Merciless = Unstoppable (Incr Movespeed, Movespeed un-Modified)
Endgame = Unyielding if endgame Sceptre/Dagger. Unbreakable if endgame Wand.

Bandits
Spoiler
Normal = Help Oak (40 Life)
Cruel = Kill All (Passive Point)
Merciless = Help Oak (+1 Maximum Endurance Charge)

10 Endurance Charges
Spoiler
You start off with a base of 3 + 2 Kaom's Ways + 1 from helping Oak in Merciless + 1 from the Unflinching Node + 2 from the Passive Skill Tree + Corrupting a Belt to have +1 Endurance Charges = 10. You can even get up to 11 with the new pair of Unique boots that also makes you immune to Bleeds.

I will test out the new unique boots once I for-sure know that I will still be Res-capped.

My Gear
Spoiler
My gear right now at Level 90:

Itemizing / Gear Affixes
Spoiler
Kudos to noremac for writing this up!

"
noremac13 wrote:
You want to gear towards as much of the more broad stats as possible and focus little on the niche stats.

In order of importance you want:
1. Gem levels: Absolute most important thing as base damage of spells tends to exponentially improve beyond gem level 20. In a Searing Touch a 21 gem becomes 23 which is 356 average base damage per charge. In Realm Ender it is 421 average which is a 18% multiplicative base damage increase. Not factoring in the buffs from the higher level support gems as well.

2. "Damage" Modifiers: This is the most broad form of damage you can get but also the hardest to come by. You mainly get it from rare jewels but you can also find it on uniques such as Doon Cuebiyari. This will double dip with ignite but also benefits any non-elemental damage you deal if you happen to convert some to chaos or if you decide to do physical damage spells for single target like Bladefall or EK.

3. Elemental Damage and Area Damage: Slightly more niche stats but these can be interchangeable depending on your preference. For example if you want to use something like BladeFall for single target getting Area damage is more priority since elemental damage won't modify the Bladefall. If you want to use something like Flame Totem getting Elemental damage is more important since Flame Totem isn't an AoE.

4. Fire Damage: The most niche stat that still double dips with ignite but since ignite builds do mostly fire damage you won't likely be losing much by stacking it. However with Realm Ender using Cold to Fire mechanics you do want to take advantage of adding cold damage your spells which Fire Damage will not scale unless you fully convert all the cold to fire damage.

5. Burning Damage and Damage over Time Modifiers: These stats can be good but since they only modify the DoT and not the initial hit it is really weak in situations where you don't ignite or monsters are resistant to status ailments. Burning damage gives you less overall DPS compared to Spell Damage but with the added utility of not being reflected so you can do less initial damage to be safer against reflect mobs while scaling your damage over time instead.

999. Spell Damage: Absolute taint with ignite builds. Increasing your up-front damage while not increasing your burn just means you are more likely to kill yourself on reflect while not even benefiting your ignite that much for the increased risk. Makes Iron Will a really weak link and you are almost better off linking Culling Strike.

Uniques
Spoiler
This build utilizes 5 uniques:

- Kaom's Way x 2
- Kingsguard

For single-target bosses
- Rise of The Phoenix
- Singularity OR Doryani's Catalyst

I happened to self-find the Kingsguard early into Prophecy League so I said fuck it and used it to this day. The property that returns 100 life per Endurance Charge expired/consumed is absolutely amazing. It does not matter if you just discharged a pack of monsters, because that falls under the Consumed portion. If you happen to run out of time to Discharge, you'll still be gaining lots of life under the Expired portion.

By far the biggest advantage with Kingsguard is that the life return is instant.

Jewels
Spoiler
Try to get Life and Fire Damage on your Jewels. Damage Over Time and Area Damage are also good ones too.

Here are some of the Jewels I have rolled and socketed:

Leveling / Transition
Spoiler
I heavily recommend waiting until you get Unrelenting before transitioning to this build. Once you hit level 61, you will be ready to transition into the build, because you have fleshed out the core of the tree. Coincidentally, level 61 is also the time you can equip Kingsguard. Your Tree will look like this at 61. (Tried it twice already)
http://tinyurl.com/zfedelk

You can level with Spells if that floats your boat.
- Flame Totem + Firestorm

You can also level with Melee if that floats your boat.
- Molten Strike until you get Sunder until you get Earthquake.

At ANY time you obtain a nice Jewel, spend your next two points obtaining the Jewel sockets you pass by on these Leveling trees.

At ANY time you need more Endurance Charges for leveling defenses, spend your next two points obtaining a +1 Max Endurance Charge node you pass by on these Leveling trees.

At ANY time you are Attribute-starved, spend your next point on a +30 node.

1-42 Points
http://tinyurl.com/hqqa3ls

43-66 Points
http://tinyurl.com/z8yqzxs

67-89 Points
http://tinyurl.com/hyhkof5

90-105 Points
http://tinyurl.com/hejm3ae

106-111 Points
http://tinyurl.com/jrxmk74

Once you are around Level 85, you can incorporate RF into your build so long as you:
- Can sustain it when you have your Endurance Charges up
- Have ROTP equipped
- Are still Resistance capped with ROTP

Experiment and if you can't run it, wait a few levels.

Softcore Variant of The Build
Spoiler

Endgame Skill Tree
http://tinyurl.com/zpv8pau

- Instead of a Wand/Shield, you will use the unique Realm Ender, which adds +4 Levels to Discharge, ultimately increasing the damage by quite a lot.

- Run Blood Rage + Increased Duration

- You will also spec into Ele EQ and Ele OL. To proc this, use Orb of Storms + Increased Critical Strikes + Increased AoE
Last edited by Ryant12 on Jul 28, 2016, 7:05:45 PM
Last bumped on Oct 2, 2016, 8:39:23 PM
is this viable for HC?
IGN: hyrenfreak
"
hyrenfreak wrote:
is this viable for HC?

Yes, it's very viable for HC. In fact, I'm playing it right now in HC Prophecy.

It's quite tanky. At level 86 right now, I'm at 6K HP and have a crap ton of Damage Reduction from 9-10 Endurance Charges, having a 100% uptime of them.
is there any specific talents you recommend to get early?
"
hyrenfreak wrote:

Not specifically, no. The tree I posted can be followed pretty linearly tbh, because for the most part, that is actually how I pathed. Heart of the Warrior -> Juggernaut -> Barbarism -> Arsonist -> Sanctity -> etc. If Flame Totem / Firestorm isn't your thing, you can always level with easy Melee skills like Earthquake until you are ready to make the transition to the build in early-Merciless.

I will update the Leveling section to include leveling tree brackets (ex. 1-20, 21-40) in about an hour or two.
"
Ryant12 wrote:
"
hyrenfreak wrote:

Not specifically, no. The tree I posted can be followed pretty linearly tbh, because for the most part, that is actually how I pathed. Heart of the Warrior -> Juggernaut -> Barbarism -> Arsonist -> Sanctity -> etc. If Flame Totem / Firestorm isn't your thing, you can always level with easy Melee skills like Earthquake until you are ready to make the transition to the build in early-Merciless.

I will update the Leveling section to include leveling tree brackets (ex. 1-20, 21-40) in about an hour or two.

ok cool thanks, cant wait to try it. also, Shield charge is spell? thats good to know if so
Last edited by hyrenfreak on Jun 11, 2016, 5:46:25 PM
"
hyrenfreak wrote:
ok cool thanks, cant wait to try it.

Just updated the Leveling section.

And you're very welcome. Let me know if you have any further questions/comments. Thank you.
Damn you OP! Now I have yet another build to add to my roster. I think this makes number 8 now... Its people like you who keep me busy non-stop! Thanks for being a jackass and posting such a damn good build. I shall haunt you in death for causing me to have such a lack of sleep in this life. Have a nice day! >:]
nice build, when i saw the new endu charge node i instantly thought about something like this
i will start this in hardcore soon!
"
Valshazir wrote:
Damn you OP! Now I have yet another build to add to my roster. I think this makes number 8 now... Its people like you who keep me busy non-stop! Thanks for being a jackass and posting such a damn good build. I shall haunt you in death for causing me to have such a lack of sleep in this life. Have a nice day! >:]

I feel your pain. I had about 7-8 build plans upon seeing the 2.3.0 Ascendancy node changes a few weeks ago. It ranged from Necromancer to Deadeye. Ultimately I decided Juggernaut Discharge because of its A) clearspeed and B) it doesn't seem like it's very popular when it should be imo.

"
prospecial wrote:
nice build, when i saw the new endu charge node i instantly thought about something like this
i will start this in hardcore soon!

Thank you! Let me know if you have any questions.

=====================================

I'm in the process of recording a rare Gorge run. I will update the OP once it's finished uploading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info