[2.3] Explosive Arrow Elementalist (HC, Fast Clear)

In the FAQ you only mention you rather have a bigger aoe for ele prolif instead of taking beacon of ruin.
But what about the potential damage boost from 1-2 addiontal gem slots freed by replacing inc aoe and ele prolif?

Last edited by Rhanoss on Jun 23, 2016, 6:29:50 PM
"
Rhanoss wrote:
In the FAQ you only mention you rather have a bigger aoe for ele prolif instead of taking beacon of ruin.
But what about the potential damage boost from 1-2 addiontal gem slots freed by replacing inc aoe and ele prolif?

In the current state of the game damage is no issue, AoE/Clearspeed is your limitation. If you hit for 20.000.000 dps in an area the size of a frog(the after-nerf size), your clearspeed will be shit, you'd have to shoot a lot to clear a screen. If you do less dps, but do it on your entire screen, maybe for some mobs in T15 with fire res and elemental equilibrium and monster damage you have to shoot a few times, but at least your screen is clear then. You simply don't need the damage.
What's the best possible lab helm enchant for EA?
IAS probably not so good, radius for AoE clear, damage for high tier maps / bosses?
So, how do you sustain mana without the leech enchantment?
"
tyranius wrote:

Blood Magic?
This build doesn't have any mana.

There are some other EA builds that do, though. Doing a EA build based on mana is pretty hard because it uses a lot of it. The mana costs are pretty high and you shoot so fast that it becomes a real problem, so I'd recommend BM.
"
Purexec wrote:
"
tyranius wrote:

Blood Magic?
This build doesn't have any mana.

There are some other EA builds that do, though. Doing a EA build based on mana is pretty hard because it uses a lot of it. The mana costs are pretty high and you shoot so fast that it becomes a real problem, so I'd recommend BM.

I see, but then I don't know how to sustain health lol

Does warlord's mark work? I tested a bit yesterday with warlord's mark and I didn't see myself leeching any health.

EDIT: I'd also like to know what auras are being used
Last edited by tyranius on Jul 12, 2016, 6:41:34 AM
"
tyranius wrote:

Does warlord's mark work? I tested a bit yesterday with warlord's mark and I didn't see myself leeching any health.

We don't use any auras or heralds. You leech life with the Life Leech gem. If you have enough damage a Fire-Doryani's Belt works too. We also have many life regeneration nodes and have many open flask slots because we don't benefit a lot from Atziri's/Vinktar's/stuff

Edit: Well, you could use Warlord's Mark, but do you want to cast it everytime? That would reduce the clearspeed a lot. Blasphemy? You'd have -life because of Blood Magic. I don't think it is worth it. If you want to make a mana-based version of this build, you can think about it, but it'll be quite expensive because you need pretty good gear to solve the mana issues.
Last edited by Purexec on Jul 12, 2016, 9:19:25 AM
"
Purexec wrote:
"
tyranius wrote:

We don't use any auras or heralds. You leech life with the Life Leech gem. If you have enough damage a Fire-Doryani's Belt works too. We also have many life regeneration nodes and have many open flask slots because we don't benefit a lot from Atziri's/Vinktar's/stuff

Edit: Well, you could use Warlord's Mark, but do you want to cast it everytime? That would reduce the clearspeed a lot. Blasphemy? You'd have -life because of Blood Magic. I don't think it is worth it. If you want to make a mana-based version of this build, you can think about it, but it'll be quite expensive because you need pretty good gear to solve the mana issues.

Alright, thanks.

This is the recommended gem setup by the guide. Which of these would you remove for Life Leech gem? I only have a 5L Quill Rain

Explosive Arrow - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Increased Area Of Effect - Fire Penetration - Elemental Proliferation.

I'm thinking Fire Pen? Or Inc AoE?

Alternatively, since we're going all the way down to Blood Magic, could respec out of the Heart of Flame notable passive and the nodes leading up to it + the 3 flask nodes near the Witch start in order to get the leech in Vitality Void. I have no idea whether doing this would be better, I don't know if freeing up a gem slot is worth giving up Heart of Flame, so I'd like input.

Thanks in advance
"
tyranius wrote:

Alright, thanks.

This is the recommended gem setup by the guide. Which of these would you remove for Life Leech gem? I only have a 5L Quill Rain

Explosive Arrow - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Increased Area Of Effect - Fire Penetration - Elemental Proliferation.

Alternatively, since we're going all the way down to Blood Magic, could respec out of the Heart of Flame notable passive and the nodes leading up to it + the 3 flask nodes near the Witch start in order to get the leech in Vitality Void. I have no idea whether doing this would be better, I don't know if freeing up a gem slot is worth giving up Heart of Flame, so I'd like input.

Thanks in advance

Hm, you could manage to get there and you would also gain +1 Frenzy and some %hp, but I don't think it's worth it. All the life and lifereg is probably better, in my opinion.

Honestly, I'd drop Elemental Proliferation and get Beacon of Ruin. The prolif isn't as big but big enough.
-> EA, GMP, IncAoE (huge damage boost for packs since the explosions overlap), Fire Pen, Life Leech.
You can play without Life Leech, too. It just takes a while to get enough lifereg/hp.

A 6l is really good for this build, just buy a 90%+ Quill Rain (think about the iLvl, can't 6socket low iLvl items) and link it until it hits a 5l. Sell, repeat until you get your hands on a 6l. You pretty much don't lose currency this way, as long as the 5l Quills sell.

(I'm currently running EA, GMP, Less Duration, IncAoE/ConcEff, FirePen, SlowerProj with the Fire Doryani's Belt for leech, which is enough for me.
I've made my characters visible on the profile, take a look if you want. It's the lvl92 Elementalist. Currently wearing some mediocre IIR/IIQ gear, though)
Last edited by Purexec on Jul 12, 2016, 3:19:41 PM
"
Purexec wrote:
"
tyranius wrote:

Alright, thanks.

Thanks in advance

Hm, you could manage to get there and you would also gain +1 Frenzy and some %hp, but I don't think it's worth it. All the life and lifereg is probably better, in my opinion.

Honestly, I'd drop Elemental Proliferation and get Beacon of Ruin. The prolif isn't as big but big enough.
-> EA, GMP, IncAoE (huge damage boost for packs since the explosions overlap), Fire Pen, Life Leech.
You can play without Life Leech, too. It just takes a while to get enough lifereg/hp.

A 6l is really good for this build, just buy a 90%+ Quill Rain (think about the iLvl, can't 6socket low iLvl items) and link it until it hits a 5l. Sell, repeat until you get your hands on a 6l. You pretty much don't lose currency this way, as long as the 5l Quills sell.

(I'm currently running EA, GMP, Less Duration, IncAoE/ConcEff, FirePen, SlowerProj with the Fire Doryani's Belt for leech, which is enough for me.
I've made my characters visible on the profile, take a look if you want. It's the lvl92 Elementalist. Currently wearing some mediocre IIR/IIQ gear, though)

Taking into account the skill tree posted in the OP, at what level would I have enough regen to sustain myself?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info