Why is there this Thread When nothing happens to balance

Let this be a lesson, Dismantle. And really to any other pvper out there.

Don't be some asshole with poor sportsmanship and don't be a braggart. You can't stay "on top" forever. We all go down eventually.

And being an ass won't make people sympathise with you one bit. When you're a dick to everyone and bragging about how great you think you are, people will take extra joy in watching you fall, as you can see.

Maybe from here on out, you should try a little something called "humility."
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:36:44 PM
"
Let this be a lesson, Dismantle. And really to any other pvper out there.

Don't be some asshole with poor sportsmanship and don't be a braggart. You can't stay "on top" forever. We all go down eventually.

And being an ass won't make people sympathise with you one bit. When you're a dick to everyone and bragging about how great you think you are, people will take extra joy in watching you fall, as you can see.

Maybe from here on out, you should try a little something called "humility."

I don't know it was always pretty obvious to me Dismantle was just a troll trying to piss off nerds. You couldn't/shouldn't take him seriously at any time haha.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
Aodui wrote:
I think the PVP Feedback forum exists because when the forums were originally laid out, there was a thought that PVP would be bigger than it became.
We probably do not need two PVP forums, maybe they should merge them into PvP Feedback and Discussion.

The game as a whole seems to cater to glass cannon builds, four examples:
1. making reflect more obvious, as these builds 1-shot entire screens and have no time to read monster modifiers
2. removing shield charge's never miss quality, glass people were getting one-shotted by rhoas
3. giving less exp for end game maps, as these glass cannon builds clear so fast they are leveling easier than GGG wants
4. nerfing Caliga, nerfing Izaro, and nerfing plenty of other hard hitting bosses

And yeah, the final nail in the coffin is that there is no payoff for playing such a character in PVP, aside from trolling, which is sad.

It is a lot easier to stack insane damage than to stack defenses as there are no defensive "more" multipliers, but they did just add those new Grand Spectrum jewels.

Maybe if they flush Grand Spectrum jewels out a bit more you can use them to focus on defense in a way that can compete with the offensive damage power creep.

Glass cannon builds that are also ranged instantly kill everything in PvP. Glass cannon is also only a suitable term used to describe 1-2shot crit builds if there was reflect in PvP. Since there isn't these builds having 6-11k life + acrobatics / 8-13k energy shield + tempest shield and 1-2 hit kill power + great mobility is anything but glass cannon. The defenses are as viable on these characters as they are on defense invested builds that do 1/8 - 1/4 of the damage per hit. Look at these builds in PvP, you can't even get near them. Entire screen exploding in Kinetic blast/spells/bow skills and you're ass up, re-spawning before you even got in range. So what would it even matter if the dude had 1 life, I guarantee he'd still score enough instant kills to be a threat til someone blind sided him or hit him from range/got a good rng roll on dodge to close the distance.

The game as a whole caters to doing as little work as possible with actually controlling your character. The only effort involved is grind time for gear. End game is all about either A. killing everything off screen instantly with ranged crit or B. making a tank build. Everything in between or balanced damage/defenses builds clear slower, achieve less in PvP, can't kill B (tank builds) and die instantly to A (ranged crit builds). This game was designed to look/play/feel like Diablo2 but wipe your ass as if its Diablo3 so you feel powerful all the time. It obviously worked because theres enough people around thinking they kick all kinds of ass when they just hold down attack.
Last edited by MullaXul on Jun 9, 2016, 8:55:16 PM
hi dismantard, long time no see [Removed by Support] :^)
👱‍♀️ IGN: FamilyStrokes 💘
Mirror Shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2512292
Last edited by Sarah on Jun 9, 2016, 8:58:55 PM
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:36:35 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:

I don't know it was always pretty obvious to me Dismantle was just a troll trying to piss off nerds. You couldn't/shouldn't take him seriously at any time haha.

But I get an excuse to be mean and attack people. New pvp meta.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
But I get an excuse to be mean and attack people. New pvp meta.

Now if only I had the gear to back up my equally terrible attitude.
Last edited by Actalo on Jun 10, 2016, 4:52:23 AM
So sad he can t troll sarn arena anymore doing nothing while spamming his twitch advertising.

Now he die before he can copy/past the text :kappa.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jun 10, 2016, 3:24:56 PM
"
Aodui wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
The game as a whole caters to doing as little work as possible with actually controlling your character.

Yup, and PVP heavily rewards playing characters that do not have to aim, control positioning, or even have frame rates while playing.

At least they nerfed poison arrow and spark,
explosive arrow is still out there,
and auto-casting frost wall is still a thing (I imagine, maybe everyone is self casting it now idk);
I don't see as many players auto-casting immortal call as before when you could add enduring cry to it, so that's great.

They completely trivialized curses by making blasphemy,
and we also have curse on hit that works with the trigger gems...

I wish they'd nerf worms in pvp completely, just remove em,
and do something about ground effects and cast on crit and cast when damage taken,
at least until the game is optimized better.

Maybe giving all cast on X / trigger gems a 6 second cooldown for PVP would help stem the tide of lazy zero effort builds that generally make playing as a group annoying due to game engine performance issues.

I completely agree "cast on" gems should of either been de-activated from PvP or have a heavier cool down. I like the idea of auto casting certain things that become monotonous but when you hit someone and frost wall pops out of his ass and they use that same wall to instant kill you in 0.001 second...hey, there's a problem here.

Cast on crit, Mjolnir and Discharge in general are an issue. Worms fall into this same category and as cool as it is to have "unique" PvP builds like these...their really just fucking stupid and abusive. I'll use ShinFumma as an example here, dude has a very well thought out, out of the box build and that's what PvP should be about. Not destroying a guys video card, not moving at all or whoring crit damage so high that nothing else matters. You can look at all of these things as creative, sure. Lots of people create lots of weird shit in this game and that's great. It's just some of it is so bull shit that a blind/limbless guy on his death bed can win with it.

This all goes back to the fact much of this game is the way it is to cater to casual players. You don't sell mtx and keep your game populated by having the general public feel weak all the time. They want that seemingly endless creativity and screen exploding herpy derpy powerhouse character. Things like that just don't mesh well with "balanced PvP" or "skill,reactionary,strategic PvP". Ya we have some viable item swaps, proven approaches to abusive mechanics but at the end of the day until people can no longer 1-2 hit you with crit from off the screen or beat you without using their mouse/keyboard/even being at the pc at all...it doesn't matter much in many match ups.

As for Dismantle and being a tank marauder player. Well, that's easily summed up by this.

Only way to PvP is to abuse more shit then the next guy or hope he sucks enough to not be a threat at all. You'll always have builds by design that counter you or lose to you but in this game you have a 1 size fits all mechanic in crit that synergizes too perfectly with ranged skills. Which coincidentally have the best designed side of the tree for PvP and no lacking of speed/defenses. Which also by design counters the defenses of the other side of the tree i.e regen/armor easily. The E,NE,NW sides of the tree are casual powerhouse scrub heaven for both PvM and PvP. That's why tank builds are basically just match drawing, time wasting trolls. While these builds abusing crit in one form or another be it ranged,coc,worms etc.. just say fuck everything because you're dead before the rest of the game mechanics play a part in the match. Though still people want to deny it at the end of the day, that this is the state of PvP. Or the reason they are playing "that build" instead of "another build" is to abuse it enough to get it nerfed...but really it's just because its the only thing they can compete with. Basically within all of this rambling the point is...if this game was balanced or less idiotic in the damage/kill speed department it would be dead already. With only the no lifers that get a woody over the idea of re running content in new leagues left.

So you can't dwell on the balance of the game anymore. You need to just keep watching it evolve and play what you want to play. Nothing is going to happen to PvP because once a change is made it's contradicted by new content anyways or just left in play so casuals have a reason to exist. It only takes a quick glance at the majority of PvP and PvM activity to see that. If you forced most of these people to dust all the Doritos bags and Mountain dew cans off of themselves and actually put in some effort beyond holding down attack...you may as well close the doors at GGG studios.
Last edited by MullaXul on Jun 10, 2016, 4:36:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info