Mathil's Shield Charge FaceBreaker - The... Pinball?

Using daresso's courage for my shield. Having a lot of fun except for getting the right colours on my 5 link carcass jack. Only level 65 but killing as fast as last league's wand spark build easily. Thanks for the idea. Having a blast
Is Brutal Fervor worth taking instead of Impact?
I found a jewel that gives 8% attack damage and +1 to Melee and unarmed range. This is the Warlords Reach jewel and it is a quest reward.

I am wondering if this will affect the aoe of shield charge? I am also using the % aoe to unarmed jewel which is super nice.
Finally got it working in HC with Lightning Coil while being Ele Weakness capped. Hype!

Working like a charm so far, got 266mio xp/h while levelling dried lake at around level 70 :D
If it's helpful/interesting, I'm happy to make some recordings of some higher maps with gg standard gear. A lot of folks feel like this is only a fast build for lower maps, but with enough tuning it definitely can crush just about all content. Any interest? Bear with me as I don't claim to be amazing at PoE.

"
lapilesos wrote:
Good one. Expetially 999% Facebreaker. Any other ideas how to scale this for atleast t14-t15 farming?

:)

As Mathil said, I don't really think there's a "problem". I think with the normal setup the build can clear all but uber and core, and maybe even those if you have tight play and gg gear. The most important thing is swapping conc effect in for aoe on your 6L before boss, and dropping you ancestral warchief effectively. For my setup this is 800k dps (80k shield charge @ 4.1 aps // 480k warchief). This rips things apart just fine.

I think that it might be possible to run hatred + HoA + blasph - vuln all at the same time with a single elreon and 2-4 nodes spent in tree. I will try to min max around this, as I do think it may be a good way to optimize the build if you have the gear. I am looking at links though and I don't think you can do this without dropping at least part of the ancestral warchief 4L.

If you really want to just obliterate t15 bosses, keep a 6L swap for cyclone or frenzy in your inventory. I don't think this is needed at all, but if u wanted best of both worlds, you can have the absurd clearspeed of shield charge, and OP boss killing power of cyclone (I currently hit 1 million tooltip with my flasks up).

"
Mathil wrote:
Pretty GG setup. I dare say that Abyssus cries out for a new enchant of sorts.

Thanks mate! I worked hard to get this together over the last year... including somehow trading acuity (when they cost 70 ex) for the mirror ring straight up (my only mirror!). You're totally right about the Abyssus... I have rolled it about 20-25 times so far in merciless labs, but have yet to hit anything viable. If time permits, I may grind this out.

Hey Guys,

what is better
Carcass Jack Varnished Coat or a Belly of the beast? If I had the choice what should i choose?
Looking for ideas on where to aim upgrades for my character right now, not entirely sure where to go. Mostly looking for a damage increase right now, since my survival is fine.

Helmet: Can't afford a dps helmet, not even close. Also still need those resists
Armor: Seems fine for now?
Shield: Just updated to deep one, maybe even better? But it's not cheap going past that as far as I can see.
Rings: I don't think I can replace these right now, the stats/resists they give are the reason my resists are capped and I can wear some of my gear
Boots: These don't give DPS. Better stats would be nice but I'm not losing DPS here I don't think
Belt: BIS :D
Amulet: Spell damage is worthless but the rest seems at least decent, also need it for gems.
Gloves: Could use a better damage one but mine isn't bad, and they get bloody expensive to go much higher.

Any ideas?

Also, I read through the thread, if you mentioned it I missed it: What do you recommend for cwdt + immortal call levels?
Last edited by sutasafaia on Jun 15, 2016, 12:35:34 AM
are there any lab. enchantments i should be looking out for? anything special having cool synergies or something?
"
are there any lab. enchantments i should be looking out for? anything special having cool synergies or something?

I'd look for mana reservation reduction or Immortal Call duration.
Just stopping in to say thank you for this build. I loved shield charge back in the day, even though it was not really worth using. With the recent upgrade I can slam and jam to my hearts content.

I am just getting into maps and am starting to feel not as powerful, but that is to be expected. I am still running a Tabula and for the life of me cannot acquire an abby. I've done the div cards for bascinet twice and pulled Devoto's both times. no luck in drops and I'm way too broke to buy an Abby.
Once those two things are dealt with, I should be rocking things through T10 at least.

Looking forward to getting back to standard with this to slot my 998% FB.

I took a few liberties with the tree, picking up Spirit/Vitality voids for leech. and had to grab some resists because lightning was kicking my ass. But all in all, it's one of the most fun builds I've tried, even in this boring ass league.

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info