2.3.0d Hotfix

\
Last edited by anti4z500 on Jun 6, 2016, 12:13:03 PM
"
These patches are taking 10 - 15 min to download/pre-allocate. GGG can you please work with steam on getting this issue fixed, other games dont take this much time to download/pre-allocate, take Dota 2 as an example.

What cst003 said. It's one large contiguous file, so even a small change forces the entire file to be re-validated.

"
ways to mitigate this? stop using steam to play PoE or get a SSD

I have an SSD w/ Steam. Still slow.
ever since 2.3.0 my client has been crashing once sound initializes. if I run with --nosound, the game runs fine. I've been patiently waiting for this sound fix, hoping it would allow me to play, but alas, it didnt do anything. still crashes. fmod.dll is the fault according to the report. not like you devs care anyways. theres probably a small handful of us with this sound crash, we've posted in the help forum, but nothing happens. congrats! you've lost a player for good. guess i'll play diablo 2 until someone makes a game like Poe that isnt a buggy mess. good luck GGG. I have a feeling you're going to need it.
I am trying to understand what this hot fix actually fixed because i am still having sound issues and every 10 steps in game its freezes still. its not even playable at this point.I turn sound off reverb everything and still the same thing.
Had an issue with Alira no dialog. And background sound cutting out when character makes his/her remarks after a kill.
Last edited by Styles1125 on Jun 6, 2016, 11:51:39 PM
On rotating the masters through the available hideout slots (3xdismiss/invite), there's still a lot of the usual dialogues 'missing' from sound (it seems that each master only speak a single time (in hideout). Their talks within the missions seem okay.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Jun 7, 2016, 7:33:18 AM
"
cst003 wrote:
"
These patches are taking 10 - 15 min to download/pre-allocate. GGG can you please work with steam on getting this issue fixed, other games dont take this much time to download/pre-allocate, take Dota 2 as an example.

Thank you.

the problem is the .ggpk file. It's ~9gigs large, and the steam updater has to unpack and edit this rather large file. The stand-alone updater is better suited for this task, but if you must use steam (i'm with you, i much prefer using steam) then you're gonna get a rather long update time.. ways to mitigate this? stop using steam to play PoE or get a SSD. other wise, it's probably going to be slow updating till the end of time or until GGG breaks up the content into smaller files.

can you fix the issue by copying pathofexile.exe from the standalone installer into the steam install folder and run it? it should patch the resource file for you so steam sees no need to upgrade it afterwards.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
liquidlce wrote:
ever since 2.3.0 my client has been crashing once sound initializes. if I run with --nosound, the game runs fine. I've been patiently waiting for this sound fix, hoping it would allow me to play, but alas, it didnt do anything. still crashes. fmod.dll is the fault according to the report. not like you devs care anyways. theres probably a small handful of us with this sound crash, we've posted in the help forum, but nothing happens. congrats! you've lost a player for good. guess i'll play diablo 2 until someone makes a game like Poe that isnt a buggy mess. good luck GGG. I have a feeling you're going to need it.

Have you tried emailing support@grindinggear.com, or reading the technical support thread?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73322/filter-account-type/staff

I'm sorry that you're experiencing problems, but the fact of the matter is all software will run into issues with some combination of software and hardware on a target platform. Stating that they don't care is disingenuous, considering that they spend significant portions of their time improving the game and fixing bugs.
TNX, the problem with SOUND fixed after hotfix . (for me) now the sound doesnt disapper after a short gameplay. for now looks good.
"
klinok23 wrote:
TNX, the problem with SOUND fixed after hotfix . (for me) now the sound doesnt disapper after a short gameplay. for now looks good.
Fixed, but not fully. In Malachai's fight, when the shit gets intense, sounds begin stuttering, and after some time there is a background sound, something like transformer hum. Although all of it it stops after the fight is over.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info