[2.5] Hit Once, Hit Hard - Shield Charge Facebreakers - [Cheap, SC]

"
Kinertia wrote:

"
what about determination instead of grace? i get a lot more amour with that.

I get more armour from grace because my gear is sub-par. However, if you get more w/ determination, i'd go with that.

Keep in mind that you can only run 1 aura w/ the HoA setup. I only use that aura on maps with scary mods.

Pre reduced-mana change, I was able to run both,

Alright. My Gear is full armour, probably i could save up the points to Iron Reflex because it should give me just ~400-500 Armour.

otherwise i play the build a little bit different. i switched infernal blow for fortify for more damage with shield charge and lesser incoming damage. addionationally i skilled unyielding in the ascendancy-tree.

currently it works verry well for me, damage is great with shield charge but i´m not yet arrived to high tier maps.

btw. Labyrinth sucks with this build. :D
Just curious, why all the fire damage skills rather than the melee physical damage just off of Path of the Warrior?
"
Just curious, why all the fire damage skills rather than the melee physical damage just off of Path of the Warrior?

My damage distribution is ~40% fire damage for the shield charge and 75% fire damage with infernal blow.

With the amount of physical damage currently in my skilltree, I get more damage from 8% increased fire damage than 8% increased physical damage.

Additionally, the fire damage empowers the HoA proliferate to the point where it can spread from the initial hit and reliably kill nearby enemies.
Hello

Im just wondering why the abyssys helmet is needed since you use resolute technice so i wont get the crit bonuses.

or can the shield charge thingy crit anyways?
The abyssus helemt is needed purely because the build is a facebreaker build and it needs the flat phys from the helmet. Alternatively, you could run a Bringer of Rain for a similar effect.

Pre-shield charge change, the skill never missed. I am not sure if it still has that property. However, i still take RT because I need it for Infernal Blow.
hey thanks for showing the 60/80 skill tree points too, but would u mind adding duelist's 20 and 40 too? im relatively new to the game and your build seems very interesting, good job!
Would you recommend taking a different approach to this build?

Instead of using Facebreaker gloves, use an alternative pair so that you can swap into a sword/shield when facing single targets. I'm still new to the game so that's why I'm asking. Personally, I feel like this wouldn't be a bad idea but I would definitely have to change the skill tree a bit to make this work.

Thanks
Last edited by ICamI on Jul 25, 2016, 2:25:33 PM
"
ICamI wrote:

Instead of using Facebreaker gloves, use an alternative pair so that you can swap into a sword/shield when facing single targets. I'm still new to the game so that's why I'm asking. Personally, I feel like this wouldn't be a bad idea but I would definitely have to change the skill tree a bit to make this work.

Thanks

Would like this question answered also if possible.
"

Sorry for the late reply. I took a short break from PoE.

I don't believe that swapping gloves would be a good idea for this build. The reason is because there is no emphasis towards attack speed in this build. Although it may work, you'll probably find your damage to be severely lacking.
Thank you for the awesome build!
I was just wondering if this was still viable in 2.4 and if there were any changes you would make for essence league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info