The Jeweller's Touch Prophecy?

"You will create a fully-linked five-socket item with a single Jeweler's Orb"

I used a Jeweler on an item with a high enough ilvl to get five sockets, but it didn't work. Anyone know how this works?
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2016, 6:30:27 PM
I'd say any time you do it without using the crafting bench that you are doing it with a single Jeweler's Orb. Prophecy never said you would do it on your first attempt. ^_^
The chance must be very low, what a let down.
It DOES go off the very first time, all the crafting ones do.
It doesn't go off with the bench.
Unsure if it goes off if you do it while the item is in the stash.
The item needs not only a high enough Ilvl, but ALSO to be a 5 socketable item, either a bow, 2handed melee weapon, or a chest piece.

If it fits all those requirements and didn't go off, then it would be a good idea to contact GGG as it's probably a bug. Or you could try sealing and unsealing the prophecy.

- Sheepster
You missed a requirement:

Must be in X Difficulty

EDIT: The above contents of this post are incorrect; see next page for real reasons
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jun 23, 2016, 8:33:58 PM
"
adghar wrote:
You missed a requirement:

Must be in X Difficulty

Didn't know the crafting ones had that. Nice to know.

- Sheepster
dam just wasted over 20 jewls, only to read that i need to get in the same difficulty i sealed the prophecy from
Well it must be bugged somehow. I used 40+ jewellers with the jewellers touch active and my death's opus didn't go 5 link even when I 5-socketed it. I ended up with 6socketed opus and unfulfilled prophecy... I was socketing in inventory so I dont understand what has happened ;/
Mine didn't work in my Hideout, but when i went to town in Merciless it worked. I got the prophesy in merciless so this may be a text bug because it does not say a difficulty requirement on it.
Did you unseal it? Or did you acquire it in town and immediately try to use your jewelers without resetting the zone? I had one sealed for later use myself, found an item I wanted to 5L, unsealed the prophecy and started using jewelers, I used 6 of them thinking it was just a...not on your first try kind of thing but just it would happen by way of using jewelers. I got a 6 socket on the 6th jeweler so I stopped, I zoned and went to my hideout and picked the other item I was considering and used one jeweler and boom, prophecy worked.

I would try resetting the zone you are in, or zoning to a different zone. Hope this helps. My prophecy was for Cruel Difficulty so it wasn't just a go the correct difficulty thing either.
Last edited by Mrflibbles on Jun 8, 2016, 5:47:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info