Exact details of EXP nerf

The exp nerf is ABSURD - why - just why - who does this help?
Talked to a friend who was 98. 20 million to 10 million for him in Red Maps.

If this is the case, then my 61% progress into 99 was basically bumped down to 22% (39% missing XP turned into 78%).

Refer to related Reddit post as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4mhhxs/this_new_xp_nerf_is_a_little_silly/

The first upvoted post puts things out very clearly. And I will say this to GGG:

The groups that have figured out how to get to 100, will get to 100 regardless of what restrictions you put on the XP system. These are coordinated groups, with ability to funnel currency from multiple users to drive the Uber market, to generate maps very quickly, and sustain them. This is a competitive advantage that I acknowledge and accept, but I also put forth that the more casual oriented players are not going to have the luxury of doing each league. I can play a good amount on weekends, and maybe one or two hours on weeknights. Not 8+ hours daily with people feeding me gear and currency.

All this XP nerf did was provide a minor speed bump for the "corporations" of the game, the people who have dedicated teams, who have supports and peons holding them up every minute of the league. In turn, it fucks over everyone else who was sitting in the middle class. I don't understand it, and I don't understand how you, GGG, thought that this would be an attractive "end game" option for a huge chunk of your customer base.

The map system is already shit. I'm just going to say it. Level 8 Zana was a small bandaid fix to cover up some of the deficiencies of the system by artificially inflating the T10-T11 parts of the map pool. It still doesn't address the fact that I aggressively roll double or even triple pack size maps to maybe get a +0 or +1, and sometimes I don't even get that. It's taken a lot out of my currency pool to even roll these maps to start with, and I can't imagine how much of a burden that is for other players who are less fortunate with a smaller currency base.

Live with the fact that groups have already "solved" POE, and spare the rest of your customer base.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jun 5, 2016, 1:32:45 AM
Just challenge your toon instead of doing easy 76-79 maps. You take risk, you get rewards. Great move by ggg. Those party chaining gorges up to lvl 100 were ridiculous and didn't involve any risk. What a fame to grind your lvl 100 in lvl 76 maps!
"
zzang wrote:
From my Observations i was doing constant 15 mill per hour in t10 now its 11-12 mill per hour

Seems like roughly a 20% exp nerf across the board.

That was pretty much what I noticed as well.

Still get better xp powering though Gorge than any tier 10/11 though.
We tested it extensively
Last edited by Icholas on Jun 5, 2016, 2:18:48 AM
"
Krayken wrote:
Just challenge your toon instead of doing easy 76-79 maps. You take risk, you get rewards. Great move by ggg. Those party chaining gorges up to lvl 100 were ridiculous and didn't involve any risk. What a fame to grind your lvl 100 in lvl 76 maps!

Estimate over 50% of my maps are double/triple pack size Reds (T13/T14), with probably 30-35% remaining Pack Size T12. I only ran the easy stuff when it was free XP and to build up my map pool in between major binges so I could use Zana to recover what I had.

Don't lump people in with the general groups. Example of maps I was doing, taken from the Solo Mapper thread:

Spoiler
Ran my 4 Uber Sets earlier too, it's time to binge on Conservatory Maps:

Spoiler
First 3 turned out pretty good :D

Next set is up:

Spoiler

Get your "challenge yourself" bullshit out of here lmao. I understand you've sunk a lot of money into your tags and shit, so the loyalty is on overdrive, but understand where we are coming from.

/e Fixed distribution numbers.
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jun 5, 2016, 2:38:15 AM
if you are not enjoying the journey then just give up, because theres nothing at the end of it. Here to there, thats the game, if you want that to be over then hit escaped and log out, you dont need to hit lvl100 to be done with that character.

I like the change personally. I would have done more tbh, I would have been adjusting this all along while adding higher maps so it never got as crazy fast as it is now in the first place.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I like the change personally .... I would have been adjusting this all along while adding higher maps so it never got as crazy fast as it is now in the first place.

I understand the WHY but is still is the wrong "solution". Let's say you needed 400 maps to get to the next level two years ago and every map took 10 minutes. In 2.2 you still needed 400 maps but only 5 minutes per map so the time needed to get to the next level was halved. Now let us imagine in 2.3 you still need only 5 mins per map but you have to run 800 maps due to a higher xp penalty. Time wise there is a solution now BUT ONLY TIME WISE! Difficulty wise nothing changed and therefore only the bordom was doubled because now you have to run 800 of the same easy shitmaps (of course I pulled the numbers straight out of my ass just to give a general example).

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Yeah... changes like this make the solo players question why they even bother.

It makes no sense at all why they put in this huge grind to max out a character, considering that players should have a realistic expectation that they can do that with several different characters and builds.
Now people are pretty much limited to one and, once they reach that point they just quit and go play a different game rather than bothering to do it with a second.

Unless they're in one of those clans who 6-man rush for hours on end with a hundred+ stash tabs of uniques for every build they're rushing up.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
if you are not enjoying the journey then just give up, because theres nothing at the end of it. Here to there, thats the game, if you want that to be over then hit escaped and log out, you dont need to hit lvl100 to be done with that character.

I like the change personally. I would have done more tbh, I would have been adjusting this all along while adding higher maps so it never got as crazy fast as it is now in the first place.

Oh god the "if you don't enjoy it, hit log out" argument.

Actually pretty disappointing coming from you, snorkle.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Oh god the "if you don't enjoy it, hit log out" argument.

[/quote]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info