RIP sound

Reverb has been off and I still lose sound in my PC. Teams speak and anything else running loses sound. Can't even talk to my guild while I play. Running Windows 7 ssd gtx680 creative fatality xfi sound
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
Last edited by Atlas305 on Jun 4, 2016, 6:58:47 PM
"
Atlas305 wrote:
Reverb has been off and I still lose sound in my PC. Teams speak and anything else running loses sound. Can't even talk to my guild while I play. Running Windows 7 ssd gtx680 creative fatality xfi sound

Pretty much same thing happens to me. I'll lose sound playing PoE and that will cause mumble to lose its sound.

I'm not touching this game until they fix it. If the game is straight up cutting out sound like that i'm not risking any hardware failure because of it.
Yeah I am having the same problem too with reverb off any time I crit I lose all computer sound. only way to play is turn off sound effects.
white knight
A gaming term used to describe a male gamer who, in a desperate attempt to get himself laid, will attempt to woo or impress any female gamer he comes across online by being overly defensive of her
I have always sound, but it stutters very frequently if i hit a mob with an attack. Really annoying.
I've just experienced my second system-wide sound loss in two hours.

Exiting PoE got my sound back.
Played all day (farming Dried Lake and then through act 4 to Merciless) with no problems so I thought it was fixed, until I got to Merciless Cavern of Anger then, Boom! sound gone again... Played fine for about 3 and 1/2 hours.

Lost sound again, later - in the Western Forest.
Last edited by Siegelayer on Jun 5, 2016, 9:00:29 PM
Same here. I've been playing since closed beta and have never had an issue with sound in game, but once I got to Merveil's caverns today things started getting screwy. Haven't had the total sound loss others have experienced, but sound kept coming in and out throughout those zones. Seemed fine once I got to Act 2.

I was casting Freezing Pulse, in case that's relevant. I'd guess it has more to do with the sea witch type mobs instead, though.
same issue here with Lacerate in ACT I. Killed the mic of skype chat also.
This is stupid. I've NEVER had reverb on, I hear audio until I use lacerate (and only lacerate so far...), then the sound cuts out. I stop using lacerate and everything is a ok. I'm now playing w/sound effects set to 0 and miss all audio cues (traps, bleeds, tormented spirits, etc.) and don't enjoy it at all. Either let players have more control over different aspects of audio (something like what Tera does) or fix whatever stupid bug is infecting 2.3, thanks.
lol... ggg has created another virus (big one this time). their code is not clean.... instead of backing off code they are adding code (content) on top of already unfixed code. the sound was already cutting out (some have noticed it for several years), mostly on certain monsters and just before a game crash you could hear a tearing sound then the game crash. for a lot of people the game was still playable but the game was fragile, some areas were broken, now the whole thing is just broken. sad day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info