Ancestral Warchief

"
twiztedmind wrote:
so Warchief has 16 range... now in 2.5 it will have 10 range.. 10 is the range of which thе attack is performed, from the spot where the attack takes place u have another 10 radius SPLASH slam that kills stuff around it... flexible. but after 2.5 it seems like not...

The skill now has +10 melee range at all levels, and the slam will always be centered at melee range away from the totem

so you think + 10 range means it will have only 10 range?
I thought it will mean 26 range.
This is what the patch notes are:

"Ancestral Warchief now does 10% less damage at all levels. Fixed behaviour with the center of the slam being significantly further away than the totem's melee range. The skill now has +10 melee range at all levels, and the slam will always be centered at melee range away from the totem."

-10% less damage - this one is clear

"Fixed behaviour with the center of the slam being significantly further away than the totem's melee range. The skill now has +10 melee range at all levels"

- so now at 16 range u hit a mob, 2.5 u hit a mob with max range of 10.. and the center of the slam is at that 10 range away fro the totem, that it hits a target....

and finally:

"The skill now has +10 melee range at all levels, and the slam will always be centered at MELEE range away FROM THE TOTEM."

The center of the slam is currently where the slam takes place a.k.a MAX 16 range away from the totem (tag is missing but its the same as Ancestral protector, which has its tag of "16 melee range") Of course it is variable, if the mob is at 5 range from the totem, and totem hits it, then the slam will occur at 5 range... with radius of 16.

now not only the range of the attack is reduced (from 16 to 10) but the slam won't take place from that 10 range where the attack occur - and further 10 thanks to the slam itself (even 16 if i am wrong) but instead from range 0 (where the actual totem is, same as shockwave works, both case scenario 10 or 16 range if the AoE comes from the totem, and not from the occured 10 radius slam, its just weaker... and it sucks at every aspect ... damage, chance to hit, AoE coverage per atack, attack speed, even sacrificing defences to make the damage close to the shockwave.... maths just dont lie... fancy- yeah, effective - more like no..

...sure, if you use something like Starforge, combining it with CI, to multiply it not only with melee physical and conc effect but also with Melee damage on full life support, and maybe proc some bleed by yourself... then put a bloodlust in it for a total of 4 physical multiliers it will go imba again, but i dont think thats a problem of the skill itself, its a problem of the certain items/mechanics.... thats just a prove that even nerfing a skill for 90% of the players, of which 80% wont use, cause they know the mechanics well... will still can go INSANE by the rest 10% that knows the mechanics well... personalyl i will link it with the 4 mentioned above, and poison, no actually i will get rid of the bloodlust, to make it smoother and just put faster attacks... Warchief + AoE(conc for bosses) + melee physical + melee on full life + faster attacks + poison... thats in case you dont have Legacy Voidheart so you can Bleed+poison them to daath... u dont even need a fkin 6 link then... maybe put a STUN gem in the 6 link in it just for the LOLZ... Stunned boss bleeding/poisoned to death by the OP recently nerfed to the ground warchief... then u can nerf it more...
Last edited by twiztedmind on Nov 30, 2016, 3:55:09 PM
this is what i found

chris_wilsonLead Developer 101 points 19 hours ago

Just for the record, the range was increased because we fixed the bug where the range was wayyyy too far.

https://dd.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5fmigg/content_update_250_patch_notes/dalda29/

the way i understand it it won't be able to hit with the center dmg line increase area of effect radius
"Just for the record, the range was increased because we fixed the bug where the range was wayyyy too far."

The way I understand it

"It was supposed to be at melee range wchich is 5-6-7 regular melee range weapons, but it was actually 16, so it was a bug... now we fix it to 5-6-7... and we INCREASE it to 10"

Melee weapons have the following base range:[1]

Axe, One-Handed: 5
Axe, Two-Handed: 7
Claw: 5
Dagger: 5
Mace, One-Handed: 5
Mace, Two-Handed: 6
Sceptre: 5
Sword, One Handed: 6
Sword, Thrusting One-Handed: 7
Sword, Two Handed: 6
Staff: 6
Unarmed: 4
Last edited by twiztedmind on Nov 30, 2016, 3:59:03 PM
me inglish spelignes iz ameizignes ......
whelp... i hope you are wrong
Oh, yeah, Hope, haven't heard of that bit** recently. Give her my best... if you can :)
"now not only the range of the attack is reduced (from 16 to 10) but the slam won't take place from that 10 range where the attack occur - and further 10 thanks to the slam itself (even 16 if i am wrong) but instead from range 0 (where the actual totem is"

I have no idea where you got that idea from.

The explosion is placed at melee range from the Totem. The Totem has +10 Melee Weapon Range. It's clearly not centered on the Totem. :/
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 30, 2016, 8:21:15 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
They do generate Frenzy Charges. Totems have a maximum of zero Frenzy and Power Charges.

There's a simple reason for this: Totems (and traps and mines) use your offensive stats, not their own. They don't benefit from having F/P Charges anyways.

I take that from the patch notes...

"...and the slam will always be centered at melee range away from the totem."

Away from the totem, not away from the slam... totem is at 0 range, atack is at max 10 range...
Whatever here are the two scenarios

http://imgur.com/a/srFk4

No idea where that quote came from, i was quoting your last post...

"

I have no idea where you got that idea from.

The explosion is placed at melee range from the Totem. The Totem has +10 Melee Weapon Range. It's clearly not centered on the Totem. :/

but i guess you got the idea

here is the AoE coverage of both Totems, Warchief and Shockwave...
also even If I am gettin it wrong... and the SLAM Won't be like v.2 (as i thought) but it will be like v.1 (as its current form) on the picture...

http://imgur.com/a/hpyMG

Or in pizza words...

Pizza size of Warchief S= 314 Pixels

Pizza size of Shockwave S= 1256 Pixels
Last edited by twiztedmind on Dec 1, 2016, 3:41:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info