2.3 Meta builds

What I think will be "meta" this league:

Burn proliferation (pizzablast, burning arrow, whatever else you use to cause burning)

CoC Discharge (because it's really, really good)

Lightning arrow (it's just really good)

Earthquake and Cyclone (because they're the best "melee" skills)

Maybe a bit of reave here and there (because it's the other good melee skill)

Shenanigans with Kinetic Blast and frost wall (because it's broken)

Blade Vortex (because it's also really good)

Poison builds, including poison bladefall miners (one-shotting atziri is nice, I guess :P)

What I think will be underrated this league:

Spark (because everyone thinks the nerf is destroying the skill, I have hope yet)

What I think will be good, but not super popular:

Summoners of any kind (it's just not a playstyle that fits everyone)

Regular old Cast on Crit with spells other than discharge (CoC isn't everyone's cup of tea)

Totem builds (again, it's not everyone's cup of tea)

Righteous Fire + a spell or pure RF (because it's good, but RF isn't for everyone)

Flicker strike (because it's ridiculously good, but bad for your eyes)

What I think is going to be crap:

Elemental Hit (lol)

Summon Skeletons (skellies are just bad, man...)

Heavy Strike and pretty much all other single-target melee skills (sigh...)

I've probably missed some stuff, but I'll be interested to see what I got right and what I got wrong. Fingers crossed that I'm right about spark, since that's the first build I'm going to make :D
Last edited by Maswasnos on Jun 2, 2016, 12:21:46 PM
Spark only has its effective range reduced, so you will be exchanging a full map clearer into an screen absolute deathzone. Lower proj speed means that there will be a higher saturation of projectiles closer to you.
"
Maswasnos wrote:

Totem builds (again, it's not everyone's cup of tea)

100% right. Spell totem gets a small buff, the Ancestor totems getting buffed. These are gonna be very solid builds, easy to make and play, can put magic find on, etc. Not as sexy as CoC but players of all types shouldn't be afraid to rock a totem build if they have even a passing interest in it, I think they'll be happy with the return on investment.
Can I haz a question?
What would be better in terms of easy lvling, nn for top notch items and above tier 10 maps viability:

Assassin Blade Vortex (life based) or
Slayer Reave.

I know Reave can do shitload of dmg if you have mirrored/top items, but how good is noncrit version or crit with selffound items or just not expensive as fugg daggers.
Are 1h swords good alternative for crit version of reave?
"
KR33P wrote:

Assassin Blade Vortex (life based) or
Slayer Reave.

Blade Vortex.

"
KR33P wrote:

Are 1h swords good alternative for crit version of reave?

No.
Swords are shit.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
lol i never play a discharge character. But right now I am building a juggernaut scold's birdle incinerate cwdt discharge vaal molten shell with fire to chaos conversion. It will be so glorious that GGG will not wait until the next patch to nerf.

VMS will discharge per cast of incinerate, while generating full endurance charges, while discharging those charges right after, 100 times per second.
Last edited by id_rather_be_single on Jun 2, 2016, 9:45:57 PM
"
lol i never play a discharge character. But right now I am building a juggernaut scold's birdle incinerate cwdt discharge vaal molten shell with fire to chaos conversion. It will be so glorious that GGG will not wait until the next patch to nerf.

VMS will discharge per cast of incinerate, while generating full endurance charges, while discharging those charges right after, 100 times per second.

Wait, why would VMS generate endurance charges?
Bladefall trap/mine. Some people don't like that play style but I think it's going to be popular this league.
"
"

Wait, why would VMS generate endurance charges?

It's Scold's that generates the endurance charges via the Unflinching node. Scold's damage counts as being hit, so you have a 20% chance to gain an endurance charge every time you spend mana. That's how it works.

So it's incinerate generating the charges through scolds -> unflinching.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
It's Scold's that generates the endurance charges via the Unflinching node. Scold's damage counts as being hit, so you have a 20% chance to gain an endurance charge every time you spend mana. That's how it works.

So it's incinerate generating the charges through scolds -> unflinching.

Ah yes forgot about that node entirely.

Wondering if Flameblast might be better for that purpose.

I still don't think that 20% chance to generate full endurance charges match that of the instant max power charges from CoC Discharge, but it seems solid nonetheless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info