• Jewels
    • Flasks
    • My Gear

• Gems & Links
  • Stats & Screenshots
  • Videos
  • Q&A
[/li]

With the 2.3 Tree being released we got so much new potential for so many classes but the Unrelenting Node, which this character is build around, interested me the most and when it was confirmed from Qarl that it indeed means that you always get your maximum Endurance Charge I was pretty excited as were many other people. Unrelenting makes it so that when ever you gain an Endurance Charge you just get your maximum Endurance Charges instead giving selfcast Discharge some direly needed consistence. There are a couple of ways you can do this build but this guide will focus on Burn Prolif only.

Pros
  • One Hit almost anything
  • Cheap to Gear
  • Solid Defense
  • Burn Everything
  • Up to 11 Endurance Charges

Cons
  • Low Singletarget
  • Difficult to get Resist Overcapped
  • Not CoC Discharge
  • Needs Cruel Lab

Final Tree

Level 94 & a Level 20 Purity of Fire

Level 94 w/o having a Level 20 Purity of Fire

Leveling

This build really needs the cruel lab to function properly so we have to level with something else. I choose Searing bond - Increased Burn - Rapid Decay in a +X Level to Fire Gems Scepter & Firestorm - Faster Casting - Conc Effect in another +X Level to Fire Gems Scepter.
You could also level with Earthquake but that mean you will have to respec some points which I am to lazy to do.
Dont worry if the damage seems pretty low in the beginning, thats just because we start as a Marauder and it will get a lot better the higher your level. You can also skill some resistance on the tree if you have a hard time getting it on gear and repsec those points later, it helps a lot when leveling!

At this point we are done with the most important nodes. After this points its just %Life
If you have a level 20 Purity you can Pick up Sovereignty & 1 Point of Champion of the Cause giving you +1% Max Fire Res from Purity of Fire. Dont get these points unless you PoF Level 20 or have severe issues sustaining your mana.

Ascendant passives

Unflinching => Unrelenting => Unstoppable => Unbreakable

Bandit Rewards

Oak - Alira/ Kill All - Oak
Alira vs Kill All

I Choose Alira because it helps alot with Casting Discharge but more importantly the cast-speed really helps with Flame Dash!

Uniques

None of these are needed to make the build work but they certainly give you a lot of benefits.

Dont worry about the gems in the items I will post my final setup once I'm done.

Try to get these first

Try to get 7% Ignite Chance on these, they are really cheap so it wont be hard to get

Searing Touch gives us all the stats we want and will most likely be pretty cheap too.

This Ring gives us some more needed %chance to ignite, try to get the 10% roll as they are always dirt cheap!

The extra Endurance Charge boost our Damage by a huge amount! Also super cheap. Keep an eye out for possible upgrades to this ring with the new Prophecy Chains.

Luxury Items

We are using a staff so we dont need Sockets on this chest. With the 210+ life from the tree Kaom's Heart will give us 1.6k+ Life in the Endgame!

Repentace You will have to get:

and put it in the Jewel Socket next to the Marauder giving you (with a perfect rolled Jewel) 84 Int. The rest you can get on gear fairly easy. Might not be worth it in the end to invest this much to only get ~100 Spell Damage as the Spell damage doesn't Scale the Burn.

Jewels

We have 4 of them & want rares in all of them, until you get a well rolled Repentance.

Stats in order of Importance:
  • Maximum Life +%
  • Fire Damage +%
  • Area Damage +%
  • Chance to Ignite +%/ Ignite Duration +%
  • Damage +%
  • Damage over Time +%
  • Spell Damage with Staves +%
  • Spell Damage +%
  • Addtional Stats +#
  • Cast Speed while wielding a Staff +%
  • Cast Speed with Fire/Cold/Lightning Skills +%
  • Attack and Cast Speed +%
  • Cast Speed +%
  • Resistances +%
  • Armour +%
  • Maximum Mana +%
  • Mana Regeneration Rate +%

Flasks

These are just examples, I will post mine when I finally roll them like I want them

My Gear
coming soon

Link to poecraft
Gems will be listed in order of importance here in the thread.

Staff:
Discharge - Chance to ignite - Elemental Proliferation - Increased Area of Effect - Fire Penetration - Controlled Destruction

Helmet:
Cast when Damage Taken - Molten Shell - Increased Duration - Summon Flame Golem

You could also get a Stone Golem but with our high life-pool & almost 5% life regeneration the Golem wont do that much. Especially because we probably wont have a max level Cast when Damage Taken

Gloves:
Purity of Fire - Warlord's Mark - Blasphemy - Clarity

Leave Clarity on a low level, its only there in case you dont leech enough mana with Warlord's Mark.

Boots:
Enduring Cry - Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Blood Magic

We take Blood Magic just in cast our mana runs out and we have to get away.

coming soon
Spoiler

I only have 9 Endurance Charges, what am I missing?
  • You can get up to 11 when you replace your Mokou's Embrace with another Kaom's Sign and get the +1 Endurance Charge-Corruption on your Belt

Why Purity of fire?
  • Because of Reflect Mobs, when we have PoF level 20 we can get +1 additional max res for a total of 80 Fire res. That is w/o the Ruby Flask

Where do you get your Resistances with that many uniques?
  • We can get some from the uniques (Mokou's + Gang's), a good amount from the tree, Jewels and finally we have Purity of Fire. All this makes it that we only really have to worry about Cold and Lightning res. Which you should be able to over-cap with the rest of the rare gear.

Why not take the Arsonist Wheel?
  • Pretty Inefficient pathing. I would rather have some more Armour than Damage we wont really need.

I hope this build will help some of you that want to try out Selfcast Discharge or at least inspire you to do something similar! If you have any questions, suggestions, grammar corrections be sure to let me know and I will do my best to help you out!
Last edited by TheBreadbird on Jun 8, 2016, 9:34:46 AM
Last bumped on Oct 5, 2016, 10:16:22 AM
Fantastic! I was looking for a good selfcast Discharger to start of the league with. This looks really solid.
"
Regards wrote:
Fantastic! I was looking for a good selfcast Discharger to start of the league with. This looks really solid.

Thanks! Be sure to post some feedback if you try the build, would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by TheBreadbird on May 31, 2016, 8:35:35 AM
Viability has 2 Pros ? Damn.
"
Ser0ven wrote:
Viability has 2 Pros ? Damn.

whoops. fixed now! ty
Hello, I've been looking into making this build as well and for the most part I came to the same conclusions you did.

Only difference is, I went with dual curse with flammability+warlords mark+purity of fire (instead of cl arity) and I don't plan on using a lot of the uniques you listed.

With flammability+ Doryani's invitation belt+the passive tree+chance to ignite, you are already at 90% chance to ignite. Using uniques with pretty poor stats just to get more ignite chance doesn't seem worth it at all, you are giving up a lot to use those. And if you really want 100% chance to ignite you can just get 3x 3% chance to ignite jewels.

Overall I think this build will be really strong, the new ascendancy talent makes it so bosses wont be a huge issue like they were in the past, getting full endurance charges instantly off endurying cry will be a life saver. Only worries will be reflect+a couple of the map mods seem like they could be annoying (ignite immunity/reflect/some others would have to be rolled over).

And lastly I'm worried that the damage wont quite be there on maps with elemental equilibrium/fire resist (the struggle of any non chaos build in this game....). Although the base damage of discharge is very high, we don't have very many ways to scale the damage with multipliers until a 6th link, which worries me that the damage will fall off in very high end maps.
IGN- FrOArrow
I want to try that build:)

I have some questions though. Does it have a good clearspeed and can i do twinned t15 bosses (like coloseum) with it?

When would you do the transition to discharge? After cruel lab?
Last edited by Koksii on May 31, 2016, 1:04:39 PM
"
Koksii wrote:
I want to try that build:)

I have some questions though. Does it have a good clearspeed and can i do twinned t15 bosses (like coloseum) with it?

When would you do the transition to discharge? After cruel lab?

Yes Cruel Lab is really important for the consistency. With that point you should be good to go.

The Clearspeed will depend on how you position yourself when you discharge. Not so sure about the twinned t15 havent tried them as I play on HC.

"
FearTHeFrO wrote:
Hello, I've been looking into making this build as well and for the most part I came to the same conclusions you did.

Only difference is, I went with dual curse with flammability+warlords mark+purity of fire (instead of cl arity) and I don't plan on using a lot of the uniques you listed.

With flammability+ Doryani's invitation belt+the passive tree+chance to ignite, you are already at 90% chance to ignite. Using uniques with pretty poor stats just to get more ignite chance doesn't seem worth it at all, you are giving up a lot to use those. And if you really want 100% chance to ignite you can just get 3x 3% chance to ignite jewels.

Overall I think this build will be really strong, the new ascendancy talent makes it so bosses wont be a huge issue like they were in the past, getting full endurance charges instantly off endurying cry will be a life saver. Only worries will be reflect+a couple of the map mods seem like they could be annoying (ignite immunity/reflect/some others would have to be rolled over).

And lastly I'm worried that the damage wont quite be there on maps with elemental equilibrium/fire resist (the struggle of any non chaos build in this game....). Although the base damage of discharge is very high, we don't have very many ways to scale the damage with multipliers until a 6th link, which worries me that the damage will fall off in very high end maps.

Taking two curses isnt really possible because of the gigantic Mana Cost of Discharge. You want Clarity + Leech from Warlord to sustain. Maybe with a lot of % Manaregen on gear you could do it but I would advise against it. Also dont really want to spend the extra points/ give up a ringslot to get the extra curse. Mokou's & Gang's arent bad at all. They lack life but got okay resistances and 25% Movespeed is also pretty good. Plus you dont need all these unique Items as it is stated in the guide. They just compliment this build very well.
Sometnhing tells me i oneshot myself with 80 fire and 11 charges

Hmm 80 +8% full charge +6 from ruby.... could work
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jun 1, 2016, 8:17:37 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
Sometnhing tells me i oneshot myself with 80 fire and 11 charges

Hmm 80 +8% full charge +6 from ruby.... could work

94% Fire Res should work + you will have 6k or more life at least once you have the Kaom's Heart. I wouldnt try reflect maps but with instant flask & warlords leech you can survive a rare.
Last edited by TheBreadbird on Jun 1, 2016, 9:28:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info