New unique sword "Hiltless" coming in the next Prophecy patch.

Ok so another picture to explain.

A sword isnt a piece of sharp metal from top to base.
There is a place where you add a grip, a pommel, a guard.
That place (the tang) isn't the balde itself since it's not sharpen BUT it's what make your blade/sword strong.
Or not.

As I said unless you have some blacksmith knowledge.. a hiltless blade isnt what's shown by the design of the item.
That's just a full length blade.
It's not *just* a full-length blade. It also has no hilt.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
My bad forgot that VMS is on hit not just any damage you take.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Jun 2, 2016, 8:48:34 PM
the idea is awesome and it has a great design, however a 430 dps 2 handed sword with 7.5 crit chance is EXTREMELY WEAK despites the "7L" potential. Lvl 1 blood magic is a real suicide for most builds.

it's dps doesnt compare to doomsower despites the "drawback", and it's features arent enough to consider it as viable options compared to a decent exquisite sword.

90% crit mult is equivalent to lvl 20 q0 crit mult gem. so it's comparable to the blood magic "7L", with more crit, more dps, no downside.

The cwdt proc will be small because phys damage is reduced by armor. only a downside for eva/es ( but ES builds want shields)

The blood magic will not proc cwdt but increases mana/life cost

May work with scold's birdle... :/ But not good combo because of the low attack speed.

reflect damage doesnt proc vms and on hit effects, nor blood magic

A crafted hammer with 460 dps and blood magic lvl 1 worths 1 ex, without crit chance ok.
doom sower is a 1c weapon with AOE and extra fire damage & 480 dps, equivalent to a 7.5L , without crit chance ok.
kongor 470+ dps, no crit mult but cant be evaded...

hegemony's era has up to 520 dps with over 8.5% crit chance. it's the only endgame viable crit unique for 2 handed chars. 18% block too!

a good crafted hammer can get decent crit chance, higher dps, and blood magic, for a cheap price.

So in my opinion this hiltless weapon needs higher crit chance, around 9 - 11% to be really unique ( highest crit 2handed weapon in the game).

SO! In it's actual state, it will be used as a 4/5L to level up from 59 to 70, nobody will build around it and will be considered a 1 chaos unique.

Aka a lame unique, with a decent design potential but... No. nop, nah, it fails and it's sad.

Another sad thing: if this weapon stays like this, GGG will never make another two handed sword unique with a Crit base, because the spot will be taken by this one :/
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 2, 2016, 5:12:55 PM
Rip dreams :( didn't realize reflect damage wont trigger it.

Still wondering if avatar of fire converts it? Reflect damage can't be converted or something?
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Jun 2, 2016, 9:00:05 PM
you cannot proc vms with this sword, only with scold's bridle. Reflect damage doesnt trigger vms, it doesnt "hit".

This build will not work at all
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
I love that the art is like: "hey let's go to war"

Yeah ok, just let me get a sword.

Oh shit this thing is all blade no hilt...uh...wrap some leather around it I guess?

WAR TIME!
One in all wrong name for almost useless unique...unless its got fated somehow.But I dobt it seriousely.

Judging name it should work in same way like Scolds but based on hits.
"
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Wow nice. More self-hitting is awesome.
Pitty they will nerf VMS in the same patch. CWDT seems like the way to go I think.

VMS is actually so fucking bad now in the next patch it's unreal.

Well in all fairness.. Thats what people said about Vaal Spark too when it got the "Nerfed in every way possible" Treatment yet it somehow still managed to be usable. LOL
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
this looks super interesting for a few reasons, however will it only be available on both prophecy league, or only softcore or vice versa? wanting to make a build around this. but unsure if it will be in the league i want to play this season.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info