[2.3] Blade Vortex MoM Gladiator [SC/HC]

I tend not to do leveling trees as I feel it's very up to personal preference. The way I generally level my builds is to fill out the "skeleton" of the tree by doing most of the traveling first. That way, when you feel like you're lacking in something or are ready for specific keystones, they are already close and easy to pick up.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
"
cabbarr wrote:

I haven't played that tree, so I cannot really attest to its effectiveness vs the paths I took. I'll post my observations below, but if you're feeling adventurous, give it a try. It may work out better than my version, and there's only one way to find out. :)

Most of the build's armor comes from the shield slot - Aegis doesn't provide much armor, so you likely won't get much ES back unless you change up the chest piece significantly. Additionally, you lose 68% increased armor which would help scale it up some. IR will help some, but I don't think you'll have any significant amount of armor without VMS/flasks up.

I don't have much (any) experience with Eldritch Battery since it was changed, so I don't have much to go on regarding its effectiveness with the tree you posted. Picking up ZO will move your regen to ES, so while it is likely necessary to make EB work well with MoM, you do lose that defensive benefit.

That tree picks up a fair amount of extra block (10%), but it is 6 levels higher (level 91) and doesn't get the curse effectiveness nodes that are so good for bosses.

Lastly it loses a lot of damage on the tree (and the tree doesn't have much to begin with). Granted, it's really not needed - up to your personal preference and how you want to play.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Hey,

I am kinda new around these forums and POE in general.

This build is love or to me it is atleast.
How much did you spend on gear? should i upgrade my own gear or buy pieces?
A bit more in depth since i cant actually get this build work the way i want it to work :)
my mana regen is taking a beating...
"
Anturio wrote:
Hey,

A bit more in depth since i cant actually get this build work the way i want it to work :)

Mana regen on gear was a huge boost for this character. You don't really need any of the uniques, necessarily, but I would highly recommend Spirited Response and Cybil's Paw as soon as you can. Beeline for any mana nodes you have left, make sure you're running clarity and keeping up with Rallying Cry. If you're still having mana issues, it's time to invest into that mana regeneration jewelry I mentioned. That's where most of your regen comes from. Spec into/out of MoM as needed.

EDIT: I made this character towards the end of the league, so I already had a lot of this gear lying around. In a new league, you'll almost always have to make sacrifices somewhere in the first build or two while you fill your stash.

Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jun 6, 2016, 11:40:54 AM
"
"
Anturio wrote:
Hey,

Mana regen on gear was a huge boost for this character. You don't really need any of the uniques, necessarily, but I would highly recommend Spirited Response and Cybil's Paw as soon as you can. Beeline for any mana nodes you have left, make sure you're running clarity and keeping up with Rallying Cry. If you're still having mana issues, it's time to invest into that mana regeneration jewelry I mentioned. That's where most of your regen comes from. Spec into/out of MoM as needed.

EDIT: I made this character towards the end of the league, so I already had a lot of this gear lying around. In a new league, you'll almost always have to make sacrifices somewhere in the first build or two while you fill your stash.

Oh so i made a really bad and gear depended character for my first real start ever n_n

do you have other uniques that might come in handy whilst using this build?
im having trouble playing it as a MoM atm since i dont have the jewelery for it.. and that insane jewel.
Last edited by Anturio on Jun 7, 2016, 3:38:03 AM
Almost every character is gear dependent to some extent. First characters of the league generally aren't going to be as strong as one made later in a league, regardless of the build.

I'm struggling on my first Prophecy character right now due to hitting a gear wall and not having the currency to make up for it. I understood that would likely happen going in though, and I'm prepared to grind/farm a bit more to make it work.

Spirited Response is generally pretty cheap though - you can probably pick one up for a chaos or less on poe.trade.

EDIT: Regarding uniques, here are a few cheap ones that may help with your mana situation until you can get better jewelry:

Atziri's Foible (amulet)
Goldwyrm (boots)
Wanderlust (boots)

Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jun 7, 2016, 2:41:05 PM
"
Almost every character is gear dependent to some extent. First characters of the league generally aren't going to be as strong as one made later in a league, regardless of the build.

I'm struggling on my first Prophecy character right now due to hitting a gear wall and not having the currency to make up for it. I understood that would likely happen going in though, and I'm prepared to grind/farm a bit more to make it work.

Spirited Response is generally pretty cheap though - you can probably pick one up for a chaos or less on poe.trade.

EDIT: Regarding uniques, here are a few cheap ones that may help with your mana situation until you can get better jewelry:

Atziri's Foible (amulet)
Goldwyrm (boots)
Wanderlust (boots)

Cheers!!
got my Jewel.. dint know of that site.
going to work on this char with that site to buy some gear i need <3
Going for the Goldwyrm, neck and found a Daresso's shield.
any more tips?

any other weapon that would boost us abit?
Last edited by ghol1989 on Jun 7, 2016, 6:04:44 PM
"
ghol1989 wrote:
Going for the Goldwyrm, neck and found a Daresso's shield.
any more tips?

any other weapon that would boost us abit?

Any generic spell damage/cast speed weapons. Cybil's Paw doesn't provide that much damage, it's used mostly for the utility. You can even get a wand with mana regeneration on it if you need it temporarily.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info