[2.3] CI CoE Kinetic Blast Occultist (seeking for input)

Important edit:

I decided to go templar after rethinking everything. You can find the templar thread here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1666870

Hey guys,

planing to go for elemental kinetic blast in the new league and searching for some input.
I want to play this build from leaguestart on, I think its viable and I will just try. Might go LL later with prism guardian + anger haste HoT but that far future^^.

You might think why occultist? Well pretty easy.
> Free power charge generation and +1 max power charges.
> 100 bonus ES and defense bonuses
> Dualcurse for free, and abit chaos damage ontop of that

Primary attack:
Kinetic blast > GMP > WED > Inc Critical Strikes (might be dropped later) > Pierce (frostwall mechanics)
(Didnt think to much about 5th and 6th link so far)

Auras:
HoI > Wrath > Discipline

Curses:
HoI - curse on hit setup with Poachers Marks (flaskcharges, manaupkeep, frenzy charges) and wardlords mark (endurances charges, leech. Assassins mark is not worth to get I think, as we use curse on hit to apply curses and wont have much benefit than).

Gear:
CoE ofc - nice damage add.
Rest is just basic ES stuff, with WED / crit / high ES / ressis

So any input guys? Feel free to drop whatever you want!

Last edited by Barn3y_Gumble on May 31, 2016, 7:46:05 AM
Last bumped on May 31, 2016, 4:16:02 AM
i think you should just go inquisitor, little investment in damage nodes to get insane damage as inquisitor.

you can just link herald of ice with assassins mark + curse on hit to generate power charges before you can get skyforth and still use the 3 auras you want to use (skyforth value is too good to pass up on so I do recommend you get skyforth), you can also add in ice bite as fourth link to gain frenzy charges this way until you get skyforth and replace assassins mark with poachers.

as for the links you would want to go KB > GMP> WED> Inc Critical Strikes> Pierce > Added lighting damage

definitely recommend you pick up the pierce nodes to achieve 100% pierce and abuse the frostwall mechanics to trivialize any boss encounters.

occulist is not a bad league starting choice but if you want a better end game wander, i think inquisitor is the ascendancy to go.

Nemesis IGN: Wanderlusts
Last edited by Jw2ok on May 30, 2016, 12:47:46 PM
"
Jw2ok wrote:
i think you should just go inquisitor, little investment in damage nodes to get insane damage as inquisitor.

you can just link herald of ice with assassins mark + curse on hit to generate power charges before you can get skyforth and still use the 3 auras you want to use (skyforth value is too good to pass up on so I do recommend you get skyforth), you can also add in ice bite as fourth link to gain frenzy charges this way until you get skyforth and replace assassins mark with poachers.

as for the links you would want to go KB > GMP> WED> Inc Critical Strikes> Pierce > Added lighting damage

definitely recommend you pick up the pierce nodes to achieve 100% pierce and abuse the frostwall mechanics to trivialize any boss encounters.

occulist is not a bad league starting choice but if you want a better end game wander, i think inquisitor is the ascendancy to go.

So you mean skip the spellnodes in which area and just go for that inquisitor? THis would also make CoE use less important, more like near to useless^^

For the point of power charges - yes, I see that point.

I fear I will never get skyforth, but for bossfights I could just use Frenzy > PCOC > Faster attacks > Whatever something like that for charge generation, if its needed.

And yes, I totally forgot the pierce^^ You are right I need the gem (as I took the nodes because of that)

Most likel even if I use PCOC in my links, ignoring elemental resistances will outrun the occultist freed gemslot quite quickly.

I just fear my ES will be way to low

Another edit: And the templar tree is quite hard spread. Its a far way from templar start to the pierce nodes :S but I definetly need those. The way is way shorter if I skip the dualcurse nodes.

An idea would be to use "Windscream" boots until I can get skyforth (which makes the dualcurse unnecessary)

or corrupted amulet with +1 curse

or simply a doedres ring (I sacrifice some damage, but well shit happens)
Last edited by Barn3y_Gumble on May 30, 2016, 1:31:29 PM
play as a witch might be hard to grab Mana/HP leech near Duelist, you have to waste alot of skill points.

So i think your idea is to use 0.6% leech on boot + HOI warlord mark for mapping, and another warlord mark+ CWDT for boss fight? . Or you think you can push your dps so you kill any boss in 15 sec vaal clarity ?

That play can work though, just not so comfortable. And you need like 10k ES to play like that.
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
"
Giaocolam wrote:
play as a witch might be hard to grab Mana/HP leech near Duelist, you have to waste alot of skill points.

So i think your idea is to use 0.6% leech on boot + HOI warlord mark for mapping, and another warlord mark+ CWDT for boss fight? . Or you think you can push your dps so you kill any boss in 15 sec vaal clarity ?

That play can work though, just not so comfortable. And you need like 10k ES to play like that.

The idea was to use a vinktars for managing leech. Poachers mark to garantuee the uptime of vinktars. Prolly also mana on hit jewels, not sure about that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info