1200% elemental dmg Explosiv arrow 2.3 suggestions + 50% less reflect from witch tree

/del
Last edited by omgree on May 30, 2016, 11:06:56 AM
inb4 each jewel cost more than 5 exalts because it's rare as fuck or it is gated by Uber Laby boss.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on May 30, 2016, 12:22:49 PM
Ok so I'm pretty new to PoE and still learning the ins and outs of synergy and double dipping, etc. The jewels each state "per grand spectrum" and does not specifically say or imply "of the same type". Does this mean that stacking say 1 of the elementals with 4 of the armor and 5 of the manas, for example, would still give you the x10 to the single elemental since you technically have 10 grand spectrums in use?
you'd get 60% inc ele; 1 jewel with 6%ele * nr. of jewels
Last edited by kreca74 on May 30, 2016, 12:26:27 PM
"
Nutius wrote:
The grand spectrum stuff is utterly broken.

If you assign a value of say three passive points to a jewel socket, most build can get ten easily (for 30 points). That equals 20% increased damage per passive point spent, for a grand total of 600% increased damage from 30 points spent. This is absurdly efficient, and NO DAMAGE CLUSTER on the three comes anywhere near being as efficient. Anything more than ten jewels, and the snowball just keeps rolling.
With say 110 passive points in your build, that leaves 80 for life and defences. Remember that any damage cluster is a waste, even the best ones, since an 11th jewel would be a lot more efficient than the best damage node on the tree. Avoid damage clusters like the plague. Then 80 points is a lot of life and defence.
60% inc dmg equals a perfect 4 affix rare jewel worth multiple exalts. It equals a perfectly rolled clear mind jewel, which forces you to not run auras and still is limited to max one.
You could even swap out one or two ele dmg jewels for armor jewels without losing too much damage, thus gaining a huge amount of armor.
I made a 11 jewel RF build with 220% life (and 726% inc dmg) and a 13 jewel Oro's comk firestorm with 164% life (and 1014% inc dmg). That is utterly and completely broken as fu\

Except that isn't really the case. With these grand spectrum builds, there's a lot of points basically burned just traveling to get to the next jewel socket, so you're looking at closer to 4-6 points per node. Yeah, at 10 jewels, these things are worth a multi-exalt apiece, but remember, you have to account for the time spent traveling to these things, and the fact that unless you're a Scion, you're burning points cutting across one of her wheels that doesn't apply to you (EG you're life and not really scaling eva or ES, or you're ES and not scaling life or eva, etc.).

Look, it definitely has some serious potential, but I'm not sure it's all spectacular.
Man this idea is uterly insane!
No way these jewells will be common. They'll probably be the rarest (non-corrupted) jewell in the game and for sure they'll be very expensive since the demand will be extremelly high, except perhaps for the mana ones as MoM still not so hot in game.

10 of the ele ones make any elemental build insane. One shot Core Malachai with extra life comming soon boys!

I think the most common use will be for CI with some of the elemental ones combined with some of the armor ones for a huge boost on survivability and a big dmg bonus.

The armor ones will also allow easy 6L with tabula with huge bonus to armor.
With 5 armor jewels and 1 other you get a flat 2250 armor. There are at least two main drawbacks to tabula + armor grand spectrum though:
1- you will lose ~100 life on chest if life based, ~500 ES if ES based.
2- gotta cap resistence on jewelry and other gear, that may be expensive, especially combined with life/ES requirements.
Other factor is that a good life based 6L armor with close to 2k armor, some resists and 90+ life is easily a 8-10ex piece (SC perandus). So if the jewells are too rare and the price goes to 2ex each (I bet it will be even more), its definitelly a better option to buy the armor piece instead of tabula + jewells. Anyways,

"Hey man, nice shot"
Brisa guild leader,
"All challenges" seeker.
"
GetSlayed wrote:
Ok so I'm pretty new to PoE and still learning the ins and outs of synergy and double dipping, etc. The jewels each state "per grand spectrum" and does not specifically say or imply "of the same type". Does this mean that stacking say 1 of the elementals with 4 of the armor and 5 of the manas, for example, would still give you the x10 to the single elemental since you technically have 10 grand spectrums in use?

Yes in this case 1*6*10% elemental damage, 4*75*10 to armour and 5*15*10 to mana
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
"
guipumi wrote:
Man this idea is uterly insane!
No way these jewells will be common. They'll probably be the rarest (non-corrupted) jewell in the game and for sure they'll be very expensive since the demand will be extremelly high, except perhaps for the mana ones as MoM still not so hot in game.

10 of the ele ones make any elemental build insane. One shot Core Malachai with extra life comming soon boys!

I think the most common use will be for CI with some of the elemental ones combined with some of the armor ones for a huge boost on survivability and a big dmg bonus.

The armor ones will also allow easy 6L with tabula with huge bonus to armor.
With 5 armor jewels and 1 other you get a flat 2250 armor. There are at least two main drawbacks to tabula + armor grand spectrum though:
1- you will lose ~100 life on chest if life based, ~500 ES if ES based.
2- gotta cap resistence on jewelry and other gear, that may be expensive, especially combined with life/ES requirements.
Other factor is that a good life based 6L armor with close to 2k armor, some resists and 90+ life is easily a 8-10ex piece (SC perandus). So if the jewells are too rare and the price goes to 2ex each (I bet it will be even more), its definitelly a better option to buy the armor piece instead of tabula + jewells. Anyways,

However this adds 2k armour to your already 2k 6l armour chest, so you will still have more armour to play with, resulting in less demand on other pieces of gear, like gloves, boots etc. I definitely see this as an option for abyssus builds, as they really need phys dmg protection
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
The thing is, they will be effectively worthless until you hit a critical number of them (since they will be outshone by spending points elsewhere or using different jewels).

As a result, the jewels are in an impossible situation; either they are plentiful and they are the new OP elemental meta and every single elemental build in the game will stack life and jewel sockets to the exclusion of everything else, or they are too rare to be accessible and as a result will have very little real effect on the game at all, despite their power level.

You will _need_ to have 7 or 8 of them before the first one has any value to you at all. If they aren't easy to get, nobody will use them except the super rich.
Stop it fyndel! they nerfed almost all of your builds -_-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info